Time for Bob as # 1

Guest trevluk

I am over it. Bryz has flopped his way out of the #1 spot in my opinion. Not one "stolen" game this year. He has only won the ones he should have won while also managing to lose games that he should have won. I am not saying tonight fits that category but possibly. Everyone else is saying the deflection goals were unstoppable, but I think the first deflection was very stoppable if he had been playing better position and hugging the post considering the shot came from a wide angle. I think he should have stopped at least 2 of the 4 Ranger goals. At any rate, Bryz is not anything close to what he was billed to be and I think Bob deserves the majority of the starts for a while and see how he, and the team, responds. And I don' t give a fk that Bryz had a special mask made for the winter classic, let Bob start.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you hef to hate, it's only a game. They gave me 51mil to play in big games, u know how hard it was to get that mask painted to how I like it. Dam I forgot to put my beautiful blue eye dog on it, maybe I should hef him redo it again. It's karma right now, maybe in New Year I do better.

Edited by Vincent05

Why you hef to hate, it's only a game. They gave me 51mil to play in big games, u know how hard it was to get that mask painted to how I like it. Dam I forgot to put my beautiful blue eye dog on it, maybe I should hef him redo it again. It's karma right now, maybe in New Year I do better.

Ha, thanks I needed a laugh!

@flyercanuck

I think he is feeling the pressure of playing in a hockey market. The last 2 teams he played for are not based in traditional hockey market cities so the pressure wasn't there. I think the pressure combined with all the other stuff going on (Winter Classic, 24/7 cameras, historic aspect of the Philly, etc.) is affecting him. Hopefully, he will adjust.

Remember 3 yrs ago, Tim Thomas won the Vezina. The next year, he lost his starting job to Rask. Everyone thought Thomas was just a one hit wonder. He came back last year and won the Vezina again. My point is, maybe this is just a down time for Bryz and hopefully he will rebound to play like the world class goalie he has been touted to be.

The difference is, Thomas was hurt. I hope Bryzgalov ends up being worth it. I just never was a fan.

No one knew that Thomas was hurt till the season was over and he had surgery. Everybody thought he was the one hit wonder.

I'm not insinuating that Bryz is hurt, just saying that maybe this is just a down year for him. I'm with you. I hope he turns it around.

It looks like Bryzo is in line for a complete mental/psychological work-up to try and determine just "what the hell is going on" in that shrinking brain of his. Homer needs to the exactly same work-up for singing him.

I'm increasingly of the impression they made a $51M, 9-year, franchise-altering commitment to a man they'd never even met.

This deal was a potential trainwreck from the moment they signed it. It is turning into a disaster of epic proportions if Bryzgalov doesn't find his way out of it.

It's hard to win a game when team is not scoring goals a front of him. Yes agree he was not too good, as he was in Phoenix.

I agree but to expect the team to score 4-6 goals a night to win is ridiculous. What happened to the 2-1 or 1-0 games? And I mean those low scoring games for us.

I have been onbe of them saying lets wait and see until Christmas before we start to worry about Bryz. Well it's Christmas. And I'm worried...

To quote Bryz again from last nights post game. "It's karma right now, maybe in New Year I do better."

in the end this whole dumb bryz signing was just homer trying to cover his butt. if he went into this season with boucher/bobrovsky (which imo is what should have been done) homer would have no excuses if we got knocked out in the first round again. signing bryz was his safety valve to say he attempted to get a #1 goalie. all we kept hearing is that signing bryz would take pressure off the offense and that his presence in net would make up for all the scoring we lost. ironically it's been the other way around. offense is better than advertised and goaltending is worse.

-we need to start BOB. the team just seems to play better with him in net whether or not he's actually the better goalie right now.

I absolutely love Bob. He has all the tools to be a true superstar. He played well last year, but was not ready for a hundred game season. At the time Bryz was signed, it was not certain (and still isn't) if Bob could maintain his level of play over the entire season. The Flyers had to have a proven goalie who could go the distance, thus Bryz. It is very unfortunate they had to commit to Bryz for so much money and so long a contract. In any case, I agree with playing your best goalie, which appears to be Bob.

in the end this whole dumb bryz signing was just homer trying to cover his butt.

This is completely wrong. Bryzgalov was signed because of pressure from the owners, namely Mr. Ed Snider. He had no choice.