Too soon to start the ......

Jmdodgesrt4

@JackStraw The thing that sticks out about Jones (besides the silky smooth skating stride) is the mean streak. When people start tossing out Larry Robinson as a comparable....I start to listen...lol. If I was Homer, I'd take Jones so quick my head would twist off....which means he would be a cross between Gord Kluzak and Brian Fogerty (minus the horribly tragic death of course).

@JackStraw The thing that sticks out about Jones (besides the silky smooth skating stride) is the mean streak. When people start tossing out Larry Robinson as a comparable....I start to listen...lol. If I was Homer, I'd take Jones so quick my head would twist off....which means he would be a cross between Gord Kluzak and Brian Fogerty (minus the horribly tragic death of course).

Personally, I can't find anything not to like about Jones. Big, physical, a leader, big RH shot, great skater, poised... and not least, being the son of a former NBA player (and current NBA coach) he surely knows what it takes to be a professional athlete. If I was Homer I would at least inquire as to what it would take to trade up to #1. I'd say there's almost no chance it will happen though.

"I'd say there's almost no chance it will happen though."

No matter how excited I get about the possibility of Jones, it always comes back to this.

ha ha, typical Flyer fans huh, here we are, a couple of points out of a playoff spot and we are fully engaged in a #1 or 2 draft pick discussion....lol. Well, at least you have that 500-1 shot if you *do* happen to miss the playoffs this year. Anyone know the actual balls/odds in this new lottery stuff?

Edited by jammer2

ha ha, typical Flyer fans huh, here we are, a couple of points out of a playoff spot and we are fully engaged in a #1 or 2 draft pick discussion....lol. Well, at least you have that 500-1 shot if you *do* happen to miss the playoffs this year. Anyone know the actual balls/odds in this new lottery stuff?

They finished with the worst record in the league a few years ago and still couldn't nab the first pick all around. Seriously, if Kane and JVR were on opposite teams when the Flyers & Blackhawks met in the Cup, Kane still may have netted the series winner, but with a far far different result.

I want 6th seed!

I think that seeding int he Eastern conference, other than first of course, has been a target for may years, and will be for years to come. That is a sad sack division.

An alcoholic with really bad knees?