No supplementary discipline for Zolnierczyk

Guest AJgoal

Liek the other poster said, Washington didn't stop skating or trying to score, the Flyers shouldn't stop playing or hitting just because some want it to be kindler and gentler

Yes, they did.

I agree. Although in this particular game, if we're using that criteria, the Flyers probably shouldn't have thrown any hits after the first 5 minutes of the first period. Because by then the Caps had already stopped skating and stopped trying to score (or do anything else for that matter).

I like a good solid, clean hit (I know, rad, you've maintained all along that it was clean). If there was something going on throughout the game or a history between the two players it's fine. But if not, don't kick a dog while it's sleeping. I liked it because it was a Flyer doing it, but I wouldn't have been very happy had it been a Flyer on the receiving end.

Just being a pest. He was definitely making a strong move to get around Z and gain the blue line with speed (I watched the replay after seeing you say it was at the red line as I remembered it at the blue), even if he was going parallel to it at the time. Was he really trying to score? Assuming he's a competitor (and that line was about the only one that was competing that night), then I'd have to say yes. Anyone else on the team that night? eh, probably not.

Here's an interesting question: If the Caps hadn't scored yet, is that hit more acceptable? with 25 seconds to go in a 4-0 game, trying to preserve a shutout for your goalie?

I like a good solid, clean hit (I know, rad, you've maintained all along that it was clean).

Actually Rux, he has waivered, In one breath he is saying clean hit, in the other he says it was a cheap shot

The game is still sixty minutes. There was a time it was an unwritten rule to not run up a score. That era is gone. JMO but the Flyer should have kept trying to score and play in the Caps end right up to the last horn. The semi defensive mode cost the shut out/

So I advise turn off the sound and eliminate Doc and Pierre and enjoy the hits like Flyer fans have done for years. GO FLYERS