Predictions: Will the Red Wings End the Streak?

Guest SpikeDDS

As negative as I have felt all season about how this year's squad has played, I have to agree with others that there were some very positive steps made for this team in the past 2 games. The goaltending has improved. The D has definitely improved. Starting to gel. Now if we can just get the PP going consistently (especially on the road), we're back to genuinely competing. Not for the Cup, mind you, but nightly.

I see this game with the 'Hawks as the perfect setup for the Wings coming through and beating Chicago in regulation.

My prediction: YES

What say ye?

Edited by SpikeDDS

All good things must come to an end, the Wings will be the team to finally end the streak.

We are getting healthy, have found a hidden gem in Tatar for the third line, Tootoo has bulked up the fourth line. Howard looks to be rounding into shape after not playing during the lockout. Even Quincey is coming around. 3 out of 4, and the loss to the Kings was one of our best played games of the year.

But seriously, the Hawks. I heard someone talking on nhl tonight half joking that they might have a chance for 90 points. Wow.

Nope:

This game had to be the toughest though, third game in 4 days in Detroit. Kudos to Kane for his tying goal and winning goal in the shoot out. Both Crawford and Howard were outstanding today.

SOOOO frustrating to play as well as we did after period 1, and then with about 4 minutes left STOP SKATING!! MAN could you see that coming. You KNEW that Chicago was gonna come on, and they did, and we stopped moving our feet. Result, Ericsson flips one in the crowd, PP given, goal surrendered! WE looked like the team that played 3 games in the last 4 days! UGH!

And THEN, Kroneer does the same thing! #(&*$^(*)&^(*!! Unfortunately, this is how the Wings have been all season except in the last game.

Fortunately, they didn't lapse for too long, and we were still able to hold onto our one point, but we could have had 2 if only we had continued to skate!!

That delay of game by Ericsson almost caused me a brain aneurism. Wow, I could almost hear his thought process. "nobody around, little pressure, where should I shoot the puck? That nice man in the penalty box who sits there all by himself must be lonely. Maybe he would be happy if I gave him a puck." Ericsson was a whipping boy for the last few years, I have slowly cautiously came around to him as a player, and I even talked him up the other day, and every time he does something like......this. I am gonna watch the rest of the Jackets and Avalanche and pout now.