May never blame refs ever again...

Guest filly4life

The Flyers were given 7 minutes of PP in the last 10 minutes of the game (2 of which was on a 5-on-3) and preceded to do nothing with it. Is there a new rule in the NHL where one time shots from the right slot are illegal?! I was just waiting for Ottawa to steal a point back by scoring some crappy goal in the last minute after we let all that PP time slip away by trying to do to much instead of putting the puck on the net.

Actually, how was that NOT a headshot by rule???

I am pretty sure it was called on Alfredsson. He was tossed for the hit regardless of what it was called be it intent to injure or cross check to head....The Flyers should be allowed to just bank those calls and then trade them in for the even up calls that come in the last minute of every game...

I don't know, I kind of liked the roughing call on Rinaldo for taking a cross check to the head after a clean hit...

Yeah, Zach's head dented Alfie's stick. To be fair, Rinaldo did get away with one earlier when he was roughed up by three Senators without retaliating and he didn't get a penalty there, so they had to make that up. It is RInaldo after all, he must have done something when the refs weren't looking.

Another one, non call, from memory: B Schenn going in for a hit against the boards, a Sen puts up the elbow and hits Schenn's head, then Neil wants to fight before Simmonds gives a fly by.

The refs kinda sucked, again, despite McGuire's insistence that one of them is his pet.