Eric Wellwood.

Orangecat

With Z serving his suspension is there any chance Wellwood gets a shot? I'd rather Wellwood than Z anyway...And I'd much rather Wellwood than Knuble.

I know Wellwood was in the doghouse earlier in the year, but, to me, it seems he's quicker than Z and not nearly as reckless.

@Orangecat

I think they are fairly tight against the cap, which is why Sestito was waived. Thus Knubble will play.

Harry Z's suspension comes at a bad time with the Rangers, Penguins, and Bruins coming up. We can't afford any injuries.

@Orangecat

I think they are fairly tight against the cap, which is why Sestito was waived. Thus Knubble will play.

Harry Z's suspension comes at a bad time with the Rangers, Penguins, and Bruins coming up. We can't afford any injuries.

Well they wouldn't be if they would just LTIR Pronger...what is the advantage of them not doing that i mean he ain't coming back that is for certain...i can't figure out why they haven't....must be something they are up to...just not sure what or why.........

OK, what's the fascination with Wellwood?*

Wasn't this guy in hot water with the team for motivation and attitude issues in the A?

Or is that someone else?

* oh, right, Windsor Spitfire :ph34r:

i can only speak for myself , but my fascination with him is he can skate like the wind... he would be one of the fastest guys in the league he would be able to apply good forechecking pressure on a 3rd or 4th line and he can kill penalties....

he played well in his 20 games plus the playoffs last year. he must really be immature or something for him to be buried on Murray's bench, personality clash perhaps ?

Well they wouldn't be if they would just LTIR Pronger...what is the advantage of them not doing that i mean he ain't coming back that is for certain...i can't figure out why they haven't....must be something they are up to...just not sure what or why.........

There are two benefits to clearing cap space rather than using LTIR credits. First is that the team's cap number is calculated daily, ie, you take each player's daily cap number, add it together, and make sure it's below the daily prorated cap number. Any space that a team has left over each day is "banked," so they can pick up a larger salary than you would normally think possible at the trade deadline.

Secondly, you want to be as close to the cap as possible before using LTIR credits, because they only allow you to exceed the cap by an amount that would allow you to completely replace the player's salary after using up your remaining cap space. So the closer you are to the cap, the more benefit you get. Pronger's salary is 4.9 million. If the Flyers have 0 dollars of cap space, they would get all of that as a credit. If they have 1 million in cap space, they would get his 4.9 less the 1 million in cap space, because that's how much they would ned to replace his salary. If they have 5 million, they would get no cap relief, as they could fit the entirety of the replacement contract under the cap. These credits can't be banked the way that excess cap space can. So you don't want to use LTIR credits until absolutely necessary.

i can only speak for myself , but my fascination with him is he can skate like the wind... he would be one of the fastest guys in the league he would be able to apply good forechecking pressure on a 3rd or 4th line and he can kill penalties....

he played well in his 20 games plus the playoffs last year. he must really be immature or something for him to be buried on Murray's bench, personality clash perhaps ?

I knew about his speed and thought he had a good playoff. Seemed odd that he wound up in the doghouse.

There are two benefits to clearing cap space rather than using LTIR credits. First is that the team's cap number is calculated daily, ie, you take each player's daily cap number, add it together, and make sure it's below the daily prorated cap number. Any space that a team has left over each day is "banked," so they can pick up a larger salary than you would normally think possible at the trade deadline.

Secondly, you want to be as close to the cap as possible before using LTIR credits, because they only allow you to exceed the cap by an amount that would allow you to completely replace the player's salary after using up your remaining cap space. So the closer you are to the cap, the more benefit you get. Pronger's salary is 4.9 million. If the Flyers have 0 dollars of cap space, they would get all of that as a credit. If they have 1 million in cap space, they would get his 4.9 less the 1 million in cap space, because that's how much they would ned to replace his salary. If they have 5 million, they would get no cap relief, as they could fit the entirety of the replacement contract under the cap. These credits can't be banked the way that excess cap space can. So you don't want to use LTIR credits until absolutely necessary.

Ok thank you for taking the time to explain...now it makes sense....maybe you should be advising Homer... :D

I'm thrilled he is getting another chance....make the most of it Eric!!!. I encourage everyone to watch his shifts close tonight, so we can make a respectable, honest decison on whether he deseerves to stay or not.....assuming, of course, he is in the line-up!

@jammer2

carchidi is writing that we get to see Knuble in place of Harry Z....

carchidi is an ass

i'd rather see what welly brings, than watch knuble's lack of speed be exploited , then result in (i said lazy earlier maybe i need to say) desperate stick infraction penalties, he's not lazy , just slow.

@mojo1917 Yeah, Knuble is not lazy, he just cannot adequately get from spot A to spot B anymore. Gotta suck for him, but he is trying. Flyers should have known this, before signing him. I think he was added for presene in front of the net, while Harts was injured.

@mojo1917 Yeah, Knuble is not lazy, he just cannot adequately get from spot A to spot B anymore. Gotta suck for him, but he is trying. Flyers should have known this, before signing him. I think he was added for presene in front of the net, while Harts was injured.

Exactly on all counts.