Very interesting mock....

Guest jammer2

First time I have seen Drouin in 1st spot, but may not be far off from reality. Wow, Nurse at #6, his stock is rising, but not *that* much....is it? Whatcha think? Love this new site I have found...nice info source...

http://thehockeywrit...rouin-decision/

The link didn't work for me...

It's a good year to suck. I think Drouin has been edging up for months since his WJs where I thought he was maybe the better of the top 3. Jones is definately the most physically mature of the 3 MacKinnon is almost a full year of development behind Jones, and only a couple of weeks off for next years draft. . All 3 look like solid picks and Columbus may be in for a nice haul if they don't screw this one up. Step away from the Russians.

@flyercanuck I love the way you always factor in age with respect to draft year, development etc...it's really the only way to cross compare these kids, keeping in mind their age and current development and body type etc.....age is SO crucial. A player like McKinnon *has* to be rated higher due to his lack of age etc......If he is just missing the cut off by a few weeks, that is crucial in judging is upper ceiling. He should not be as developed as the other kids, and that has to be taken into consideration.

Guys, I've only been to a few Spitfire games this year, but what I have seen, and watched on tv as well...is this years Spit, ranked in the first round is a TOTAL DOG. Kerby Rychel is one of the abosolute laziest players I've ever seen. I'm talking, skate around at center ice when your teammates are struggling to get the puck out, there are times he straight up refuses to go back in his own zone, he will skate circles at center ice and *wait* till either a goal is scored against OR somebody feeds him a puck for a breakaway chance...I kid you not!!

All this because (drumroll please.....) his Dad Warren Rychel is GM. He does not get benched for his crap, in fact, it looks like it is encouraged to pad his stats. He was having a pretty crappy year till Koclachev came back from the KHL and kick started the team/line scoring. It *has* to be a poison atmosphere, because he is not pulling his weight on defense, basically selling out his team for pts...and his ice time does not suffer. What a sickening situation.

@jammer2

Well when one player is basically a year older it's a huge advantage, and unfair when you're trying to project players entire careers. That's why I'd compare Jones a year ago to MacKinnon now. Drouin falls almost between the two.

As for Rychel...you're welcome!