Please just buyout Bryz already

Guest filly4life

We know what we have at this point, and it's not that much...

The guy is as average as they come (and actually probably more below average) The guy just gives up the softest goals. Every scoring chance is a goal. The Flyers offense has to work their a**es off to get scoring chances and if they're lucky they will get a goal every once in a while. One-on-one the other goalies come up with big saves. Then the opposition comes down the ice and throws the puck at Bryz and there it goes in the back of the net. I've never seen a goalie who gets beat one-on-one SO MANY FREAKING TIMES!!! In order to score the Flyers need to set up triple screens with three deflections and then bang in the second rebound to score. But Bryz is a guaranteed 1 bad goal a game, and every other one-on-one chance is a goal. He has NO CLUE how to poke check. Opposing players skate down the side, cut across the net and Bryz is fanning at everything. Watch Lundqvist just poke the puck behind the net. It's not that difficult Bryz....

What is the point of even playing him. Bring up anyone (besides Leighton/Boucher!!!) I mean they CAN'T be any worse and there's no way we couldn't find any goalie for much less to at least give us the same "quality" goaltending.

Yes send him to that space bar on star wars.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbXbKDsI_ZQ

buh bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah breezy must go. Briere must go. He doesn't have a choice. Either goes now or at the end of season via buy out. Help your team by taking a trade now for assets . Coburn is just not getting it. I've soured on Gus. Ganges other then the first goal has been a ghost. It's just time to start trading assets for the future. They are not making playoffs or getting past the first round.

It is NOT an overreaction. He is AVERAGE AT BEST!!! He let's in WAY too many soft goals. For every nice save he has, he has an equally bad goal he allows. 20th in the league in GAA. 24th in save percentage. (both dropping tonight) Can't make a one-on-one save to save his life (pun intended). Again, forget Leighton/Boucher... bring in some fresh blood. Cheap blood. So what if they "suck". Bryz sucks! And he gets paid millions to do so. Switch the goalies tonight and Flyers win this game 5-1, easily. Stop accepting mediocrity and start accepting the fact that Bryz needs to be out, yesterday...

Unfortunately the Flyers have no one else to step up this season. I think this was the blueprint from the outset...they did not bring in a serviceable back up and the plan all along was to play Bryz 90% of the games and then make a decision at year's end on whether to buy him out or not. Granted, most of us could have made the decision based on last year alone but maybe Holmgren was hoping Bryz's play from March of last season would carry over to this year. Anyone else want to see Ben Bishop in a Flyers uniform next year? Wouldn't cost you as much as Bernier.

@ hexie

Overreaction maybe ridiculous no.

Bryz has bee n pretty good this year. His save percentage on breakaways and needed saves at a crucial point have to be at the bottom of the league. I'm all for trading a future young star in coots for a Bernier.

Again, forget Leighton/Boucher... bring in some fresh blood. Cheap blood.

All this would be doing is going back to the same "Philly doesn't give a **** about goaltending" problem that has been haunting us since Hextall left. They paid for Bryz, and he's better than any FA alternative.

Bernier is one possibility, but he's no guarantee, and I'd rather keep our assets than trade them for mere potential.

Bob had the makings of a franchise goalie, but we didn't want to wait. At 24, we'd still have to wait a couple years for Bernier to come into his own.

Edited by hexie27
  • Like 1

So you're OK with paying Bryz a s**t-ton of money to be average? You think that tomorrow he's going to wake up and remember how to poke check and stop one-on -one shots?

It has nothing to do with "Philly doesn't give a **** about goaltending" and everything to do with the fact that I have eyes and can SEE that what we have isn't winning anything. Not this year, not next year, and not any year that we have him under contract (for millions and millions and MILLIONS of dollars!) Wouldn't it be wiser to look for a cheaper option who can also probably be jsut as productive? And use that money to improve other parts of our team. Maybe boost our "awful" defense. People want to say that the Rangers defense is great and ours is horrible. But our horrible defense only allowed 20 shots. We got 25 shots and we had as many if not more good chances to score. Biggest difference is that Lundqvist wears big boy pants and Bryz is still crapping his underoos. And how do you think that affects the team? You got guys throwing everything at Lundqvist at the end and he's stoning them left and right. Then the Rangers get one decent chance and light the lamp. So sick of it...

Bob had the makings of a franchise goalie, but we didn't want to wait.

A-freakin'-men!! This will haunt us too. Bob could have been brought along into a very competitive goalie. Heck, everyone else on this team is so young, is going to take a few more years to hit their stride, why not swallow hard, accept that, and bring the young, home-grown goalie along too. This franchise lacks patience. There isn't anyone on the market they can go out and buy to win all things now.

• Like 2

@ hexie

You want to keep our young assets because Bernier isn't a guarantee? I would say Bernier is also a young asset and cooter is no guarantee either. You have to give to get. Thats why its called a deal.

@cochrane29 Ben Bishop is an interesting option. The Sens got him for a 2nd rounder this year, so the asking price could not be much more than that, maybe a 2nd rounder and a prospect. It would not break the bank, but would address an obvious need. Makes sense from a Sens perspective also, they have Anderson entrenched and Lehner waiting in the wings, so Bishop would not be happy in the AHL....would work for both teams. Maybe a 2nd in 2014 and Cousins, the Sens could use some depth behind Spezza (now officialy injury prone btw) and Turris.

@pensuck

I'd rather wait until the season's over and offer sheet Bernier, if that's what they're going to do. LA can't match, so a 2nd for him would be preferable than Couts, Laughton, or Read.

But they'll only make a move for Bernier if they plan on buying out Bryz. To trade for Bernier now effectively ends the season, cause Bryz will give up.

I think that's a fairly ridiculous overreaction. Aside from Voracek, Bryz has been the Flyers' best player for the bulk of the season. And he's been an absolute work horse. Between Boucher and Leighton it's pretty much a guaranteed loss at this point. If we bought him out, there aren't really any viable alternatives to what we have now.

Is he an elite goalie? No. But he's been way above average this season, and unless you go out and get a Lundqvist, that's just the way it's going to be.

I disagree. The entire team, head coach and down changed their ways to try to give Bryz more help and he still fundamentally sucks. He's not better than average, and that is a problem.

• Like 3

@ It's highly unlikely either Bernier or Bryz backstop this team to a cup this year....but for me, it's all about securing the future, as soon as possible. If you are planning on pulling the trigger on Bernier, how Bryz reacts should not be part of the equation....not even close.

• Like 1

@jammer2

I still want to see what this healthy roster can do with Mez, Read, (and now Grossmann) back in the lineup at the same time. Bryz has played solid throughout the season, and certainly kept us in some games when we had a d corps of Foster and Gervais.

Wait until the offseason when Bernier can be had for a draft pick instead of players and amnesty Bryz (and Danny B). But this team still deserves a shot.

Thank goodness.... I read this and thought the sky was falling, but looked outside and it turns out we're all ok. Whew....

Bryz has NOT been the problem this season. With a $5.6 mil cap hit should he be stealing some games here and there? Yes, and he has from time to time. Is he going to stop every puck he should? No.... but honestly what goalie other than a few select elite do every time? Every goalie has bad nights, bad goals, bad stretches. I realllllly don't understand this fan base and placing the sole blame on one individual. I kind of wish hockey would include a stat that has errors for the other 5 guys on the ice similar to that of baseball. If they have an error then the goal doesn't count against the goalie, at which point Bryz's GAA would probably be top 5 in the league.

• Like 2

@sekkes85 I'd agree, in general, Bryz has not been the problem this year. Having said that, the *real* Bryz is slowly creaping back in. The one who let's in softies more often than a cat in a Charmin commerical. His rebound control is the worst in NHL history....and the back breaking soft goals are back in abundance.....this guy flat out sucks....no other way to put it.