Flyers Could Use a Defenseman Like This......

Guest OH1FlyersFan

I've been reading good things about this kid. Doubt the Penguins would let him go to the Flyers!! Ha.

"Though he is physically ready to play a top-six role at the NHL level, the Penguins have a logjam of NHL defensemen and consequentially Despres could start the 2012-13 season in the AHL. Ultimately, he has the upside to be an all situation defender capable of playing 25 minutes a game."

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/simon_despres/

I've been reading good things about this kid. Doubt the Penguins would let him go to the Flyers!! Ha.

"Though he is physically ready to play a top-six role at the NHL level, the Penguins have a logjam of NHL defensemen and consequentially Despres could start the 2012-13 season in the AHL. Ultimately, he has the upside to be an all situation defender capable of playing 25 minutes a game."

http://www.hockeysfu.../simon_despres/

He's yours for Wayne Simmonds. ;)

We had Dennis Seidenberg, but traded him for Nedved..That worked out well. We traded a 1st rounder for Eminger that turned out to be John Carlsson. That worked out well. We traded Sbisa and a handful of 1st round picks for Pronger. That worked out well. We could have taken Hamilton and maata instead of Couturier and Laughton (I think they're both good picks) We could have a defence that includes Coburn, Seidenberg, Carlsson, Sbissa, Hamilton and Maata. It might not be awesome right now, but a few years from now it certainly could. And our D isn't awesome right now anyway.

• Like 1