Most underrated player by team- Eastern conference

Guest yave1964

<p>Final part, a follow up to the Western conference version of a few days ago.  Here we go with the Eastern conference. Again, these are my opinions, feel free to jump in with yours!</p>

Capitals: Troy Brouwer. Makes a habit of netting big goals, quiet, lets his play do his talking.

Lightning: Teddy Purcell. Great passer surrounded by great shooters. Easily overlooked but very valuable.

Panthers: Brian Campbell. Gets ripped on for what he does wrong and is not given enough credit for the things he does right. An enormously talented blueliner who runs the point like nobodies business.

Jets: Grant Clitsome. I watched this guy develop with the Jackets, he can run the power play, kill penalties and is an all around solid player.

Hurricanes: Joe Corvo. Eight points and a plus nine so far, Mcbain and Faulk get all the ink as the future of the blueline, and rightfully so, but Corvo along with Harrison are the glue holding it together with Ward out and the kids still learning.

Penguins: Paul Martin. Steady, has developed a bit of offensive ability as well, seems to add something to his game every year.

Flyers: Scott Hartnell. As Hartnell goes, so go the Flyers. 37 goals last year compared to one so far in a lost to injury season, the team looks lost without him on the ice.

Rangers: Dan Girardi. I almost went with nobody, kind of hard to be underrated with all the press you receive in the big apple, but Girardi quietly does his job and allows Staal and Del Zotto to get the ink.

Islanders: Mark Streit. He is an explosive blue liner, always scoring 45-55 points a season with a nasty shot, plays over 25 minutes a game in all situations.

Devils: Andy Greene. I don't think I heard his name mentioned once in the finals against the Kings, which is a compliment to a guy like this. A plus player who leads his club in minutes from the blue line.

Bruins: Patrice Bergeron. Does not get the ink but as often as not is the Bruins best forward in a game.

Maple Leafs: Cody Franson. Why the Predators gave this guy away for the ghost of Brett Lebda I will never know. 13 assists from the blue line rank fifth in the league, behind Letang, Kronwall, Shattenkirk and Suter. An undervalued high reward player.

Senators: Craig Anderson. He is absolutely, bar none the very only reason that the Senators are in most games night after night. McLean loves a high tempo game with rushing the puck, Anderson has turned in to a master of stopping the breakaway and odd man rush from other teams.

Canadiens: Raphael Diaz. 13 points and a plus 5, 20 minutes a game. Subban and Markov get the press but Diaz hangs right with them statistically.

Sabres: Steve Ott. Leads the team at plus 5, over 57 percent faceoff wins, fifth in the team in scoring. Has slid seamlessly into the Sabres lineup after coming over for Roy. I have to admit I didn't think much of the trade but the guy can still play. Has developed from a thug when he first joined the league to a true team player.

Edited by yave1964