Wings need to win five of six

Guest yave1964

Well, I'm in GA, and every time I went to a Thrashers game at Philips Arena, I'd wear my beloved #19 Red Wings sweater. I'd get props left and right.

At RW games hosted at Philips, there were almost always more RW jerseys in the building vs. Thrashers.

My favorite hockey time since I have moved to Atlanta has been hanging out by the visitors' tunnel with other Wings fans and actually being able to talk hockey with people who know the game. It was before I discovered HFs, and now that we have no team here, this is my outlet. What a gift NHL GameCenter Live has been, let me tell ya! Just being able to hear Mickey give his two cents (worth WAY more than that, usually) on a regular basis is fantastic.

I still like it when Dave Strader gets to do RW games for NBCS. Takes me back. I thought, and still think, he is an excellent hockey broadcaster. I remember when he filled in for Doc Emrick (who had larygitis) for the inaugural Classic in Chicago. SOOO much better!! I appreciate Emrick's hockey history knowledge, but dislike his overemphasizing simple things, trying to generate excitement with his voice instead of letting the game itself do it. But I digress. (How'd I get here?)

@SpikeDDS I like Dave Strader, but I like Doc more. I love the banter he has with Eddie Olczyk and i have to chuckle everytime Pierre McGuire tries to join in but they waive him away. It's so sad and pathetic, but then...so is Pierre!

@jammer2 I don't know any other DRW fans at all in this part of the country but there is always a healthy contingent in Newark and at MSG (haven't caught a game out on the Island yet), Still, plenty of other true "hockey" fans around me, despite who their favorite team might be, so there's plenty of good conversation.

Petry had an absolutely wretched game against us, first the goal by Kronwall, then getting undressed by Pavel in overtime.

Still, against the dregs of the West, The Avalanche, Oilers, Jackets and Flames we just finished six games by going 3-2-1 for 7 points, alarmingly low. Frankly, we have had a very, very easy schedule to date, all things relative. Entering the meat of our schedule the next week and a half will determine our season.