Perspective on where Flyers are in standings

Guest touche22

the draft seems to be shaping up to be pretty deep, so maybe this is a good year to be "screwed" let's face this, we're not winning the cup with this team as it is assembled this year, not enough depth on the blue line, no real minute eating horse back there. bryz is playig much better but he is lousy one on one and has physical limitations to his game that will prevent him from being a differnence maker in a good way.

• Like 1

Watching the leafs/sens game on tsn and they just said during the intermission that if the leafs play only .500 hockey the rest of the way, the flyers would have to go 16-8 to catch.

Lets face it. We're screwed.

Uh...okay.....so by your post, I am to assume that the Flyers only chance to get into the playoffs revolves around the Leafs and what they are "projected" to win through the rest of the season. Nice post...............The Flyers are currently 1 game under .500 even with all the injuries they have played through AND having Bryzgalov in goal. Why don't you wait until after the next 2 games against real competition before your "Whoa is me post ". Are you afraid they might win at least one of those games? Oh , I'm sorry. If they happen by some miracle to win one of those games it might put a dent in your negativity. I really love how your negative posts always follow a game where the Flyers have lost..........

@flyerrod Ya know rod, I try and keep it in the proper context also, I really do. The thing is, it was a loss it a division rival, where the goaltending looked like poop, the team as a whole looked lost, chasing the puck around in their own end....and it comes on the heels of a nice little hot streak....AGAIN, prevented them from climbing over the .500 mark, a hurdle this team maddeningly cannot overcome. Seems to be a recurring theme, respectabale (bordering on exciting) and WHAM, mundane bordering on disgusting....in the wise words of rad....lather, rinse...repeat.....

I think the disapointment from this loss, coupled with the inexcusable inability to climb to .500, is why this thread is 8 pages and counting. It's one loss yeah, but it was to the Rags AND showed how inconsistant they can be...again.

• Like 1

the goaltending looked like poop, the team as a whole looked lost, chasing the puck around in their own end....and it comes on the heels of a nice little hot streak....AGAIN

I agree that Bryz played horrible. Also, you have Bruno Gervais logging almost 23 minutes of ice time when he should not be on the ice at the NHL level period.Then, play Mike "I am showing my age" Knuble against a fast team like the Rangers and you are going to see these results. I am not going to run the rest of the team into the ground because they were deflated by one of the worst goaltending performances we have seen from Bryzgalov. My point was about "all" of the positive posts we have seen from touchy boy after a good game....(zero) and then Bryz absolutely craps the bed and here douche22 comes. If I didn't know any better, I would think he writes for the philly papers......

Edited by flyerrod

FlyerRod-

Is everything ok?

I'm too tired and busy in real life to put this eloquently, but i will try.

Flyers are crap this year.

This sucks because i follow them religiously.

Its sucks also that i live in Toronto and they are killing us.

This is my perspective.

Do the math on how the flyers would have to run to get to 52-54 points for what they predict will be the cutoff.

Nobody wants them to do better than me, trust me.

If you dont want to read my posts, or whatever than go bury your head somewhere.

Ok, you facking idiot?