Pronger on CSN

sekkes85

Pronger just gave his 1st press conference since 2011. He looked like he was in good spirits (despite his young Sigmund Freud/stereotypical professor look) and was joking around and taking shots at different people of the media.

He's still experiencing symptoms, having problems running/exercising, but is improving. Guy really seemed determined to come back to play but that might just be a ploy the Flyers made him put on so he doesn't have to retire. Hopefully he can return to a normal relatively symptom free life.

Pronger just gave his 1st press conference since 2011. He looked like he was in good spirits (despite his young Sigmund Freud/stereotypical professor look) and was joking around and taking shots at different people of the media.

He's still experiencing symptoms, having problems running/exercising, but is improving. Guy really seemed determined to come back to play but that might just be a ploy the Flyers made him put on so he doesn't have to retire. Hopefully he can return to a normal relatively symptom free life.

Interesting, because in the TSN story they did, it was pretty clear he wasn't going to be getting back to play.

I didn't see Pronger's piece on CSN, though.

I pretty much got the same impression from both the CSN interview and the SportsNet piece. He hasn't ruled out playing again but his goal now is to get healthy. And he doesn't know how long that will take or if he will get there completely. Whatever else he may be, he's a very smart guy. I think he knows the situation and knows that it's a long shot that he'll ever play again. But he has no reason to close the door at this point, and keeping it open gives him something to work toward.

I was always under the impression that in order for LTIR to be an option, the player has to be actively trying to return to the game. If he just came out and said he's not trying to come back, wouldn't that mean LTIR ceases to be an option for us?

Just trying to figure out if he's playing politics or being truthful.

I just saw this quote by Pronger: this sounds really bad...almost like he's going down the path of Manny Malhotra or Brian Berard. Baring surgery-and I'm guessing that may not be an option-I'm not sure how his vision in that eye is ever going to improve.

My eye is still troubling. It's not working properly. I don't have peripheral vision. I don't have a lot of the things I have that have worked well for me in the past. ... I keep having to get stronger and stronger glasses. I just got another new prescription.

I just saw this quote by Pronger: this sounds really bad...almost like he's going down the path of Manny Malhotra or Brian Berard. Baring surgery-and I'm guessing that may not be an option-I'm not sure how his vision in that eye is ever going to improve.

My eye is still troubling. It's not working properly. I don't have peripheral vision. I don't have a lot of the things I have that have worked well for me in the past. ... I keep having to get stronger and stronger glasses. I just got another new prescription.

Uggh .. that does not sound good.......

forget about hockey...I just want him to lead a normal life.......

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

He knew the job was dangerous when he took it, it's said but I don't feel sad for him. It sucks, but he has to suck it up, and man up. Know your limitations and work within them. No visor...no problem. Guess what, I don't think the visor would of helped much if the stick is slanting in an upward motion, it still makes contact inside the visor. I thinks sports googles are better options for eye protection, the one with 170 degree peripheral vision.

I hope the best for him and his recovery... It starts from the inside out.