Any updates on Bourdon?

RonJeremy

@AJgoal I try not to get my hopes up, cause I really felt we had a real, legit NHL home grown defensive prospect on the Flyers...our best defensive prospect in years.....figures. I thought his only weakness was his footspeed, but I saw an elite shot developing there, one we needed badly. Just our luck huh?

@AJgoal I try not to get my hopes up, cause I really felt we had a real, legit NHL home grown defensive prospect on the Flyers...our best defensive prospect in years.....figures. I thought his only weakness was his footspeed, but I saw an elite shot developing there, one we needed badly. Just our luck huh?

I feel that this points to the need to be developing a core of defence prospects in the Flyers farm team/league affiliates every year, as an unyielding, basic operating philosophy. I do not believe that this is happening. I believe that there is too much of a "trade philosophy" with this Fylers organization, basically go get what you need by trade. This is becuase everything seems to have to be "immediate" with this franchise. That is not how Cup champions are built anymore in this NHL. They are built though solid scouting and internal development program. Our situation now is really on Holmgren and Lukko. I believe that coaching is very on par for the most part from team-to-team in the NHL today. Where the difference is lies with ownership and general management, more specifically who does it smarter and better.