Rivalry wins, how sweet they are

nossagog

Is there anything sweeter than beating your bitter rival, in their own barn. Been on the other end, and it doesn't feel too good. Beating the Flyers provides the added satisfaction to get me through the rest of the week. Coming back to overcome a 3 goal deficit, icing on the cake. I'll love it while I can, before the worm turns.

• Like 1

Is there anything sweeter than beating your bitter rival, in their own barn. Been on the other end, and it doesn't feel too good. Beating the Flyers provides the added satisfaction to get me through the rest of the week. Coming back to overcome a 3 goal deficit, icing on the cake. I'll love it while I can, before the worm turns.

You can just thank the lord that Bryzgalov is NOT your goalie..........I would say good win but I would be lying........

You can just thank the lord that Bryzgalov is NOT your goalie..........I would say good win but I would be lying........

Bryzgalov wasn't your problem Rod.... your porous defense was. Timonen belongs on the second pair with limited minutes. Grossman is too slow to be a #1 pairing guy. Most of the goals scored against Bryzgalov were just simply NO defense present. Especially Dupuis' goal.. I mean they let Crosby skate around behind the net and three .. yes THREE Flyers watched Dupuis stand there waiting for the puck and did nothing. HOrrible defense.. and like I've told you guys all season, THAT is your team weakness, not the goalie.

• Like 1

Bryzgalov wasn't your problem Rod.... your porous defense was.

Wanna switch goalies....I highly doubt that. Bryzgalov IS the main problem with this team. Even if we had the Rangers defense Bryz would still not be stopping the shots he should....Your team does deserve credit for continuing to fight back for the win, I was wrong on that count, just irritated that the Flyers rolled over and said have your way with me for the last 2 periods.......

Wanna switch goalies....I highly doubt that. Bryzgalov IS the main problem with this team. Even if we had the Rangers defense Bryz would still not be stopping the shots he should....Your team does deserve credit for continuing to fight back for the win, I was wrong on that count, just irritated that the Flyers rolled over and said have your way with me for the last 2 periods.......

After last years playoff series would you REALLY want Fleury as your goalie. Fleury can look great at times, but on a day by day basis he's like a roller coaster.

What was up with Vorcek's tantrum at the end of the game? Looked like someone swatted his glove away again. ;)

Bryzgalov wasn't your problem Rod.... your porous defense was. Timonen belongs on the second pair with limited minutes. Grossman is too slow to be a #1 pairing guy. Most of the goals scored against Bryzgalov were just simply NO defense present. Especially Dupuis' goal.. I mean they let Crosby skate around behind the net and three .. yes THREE Flyers watched Dupuis stand there waiting for the puck and did nothing. HOrrible defense.. and like I've told you guys all season, THAT is your team weakness, not the goalie.

Have to agree. Can't pin that one on Bryzgalov. I can buy the argument that an 'elite' netminder stops maybe one of those but that's it.

If that game doesn't epitomize how to play and not to play the Flyers I don't know what does. 1st period...dumb penalties by Neal and Niskanen. 4-1 Flyers. 2nd and 3rd period...no dumb penalties and sound play in the defensive zone. 4-0 Pens.

@nossagog

It's a rare occasion that Bryz looks great. He usually looks like it's his first time on skates. Trade? Done. You want THAT contract?

Well the good news is we don't have that Bryz contract until 2020. But the bad news is that someone in the pens org loves Fleury and he will probably get extended and a raise that will put him above Bryz's. I'd much rather take the Red Wings root and pay someone $2M a year and put the savings into someone else.

I don't want Bryz because I think when Fleury is ON he is the better of the two. I just wish he were more consistent. He shows he has the talent to be an elite... he just doesn't have the consistency with it. I used to think waiting for him to mature would bring that consistency... he won a Cup... but now, I think I'm realizing waiting won't change things. He is what he is.. and that is a roller coaster on skates.

I don't want Bryz because I think when Fleury is ON he is the better of the two. I just wish he were more consistent. He shows he has the talent to be an elite... he just doesn't have the consistency with it. I used to think waiting for him to mature would bring that consistency... he won a Cup... but now, I think I'm realizing waiting won't change things. He is what he is.. and that is a roller coaster on skates.

So basically you are admitting that ultimately I am right.....You are willing to keep a roller coaster on skates(your words not mine) instead of Bryzgalov, Yes, he really is that bad and a detriment to any team that he will play on. Thank you for at least acknowledging it. ;)

So basically you are admitting that ultimately I am right.....You are willing to keep a roller coaster on skates(your words not mine) instead of Bryzgalov, Yes, he really is that bad and a detriment to any team that he will play on. Thank you for at least acknowledging it. ;)

I don't think Bryzgalov is as bad as your defense is making him out to be. I'm not gonna claim he's top ten in the league or anything, but until you address your holes in defense it won't matter who you have in there.

but until you address your holes in defense it won't matter who you have in there.

I don't think you are going to find any sane person to argue with about the Flyers current defense. 2 guys playing injured(Timmo has lost a step since his back surgery and Grossmann is playing with a hip flexor) and another who does not belong in the NHL(Gervais/Foster/Lilja take your pick). That leaves Coburn who seems to be setting a record for brain farts this year, Schenn who is playing decent but not great and Gus who is playing well enough for a 6th d man but still needs some seasoning before getting exposed to as many minutes as he has.

Edited by flyerrod
  • Like 1

Its not JUST the defense though, playing defensively is a 6 player effort, to simply blame the defense(although the misplay by Timo in the Pens game doesn't help my case) or the goalie does not make sense.

You have forwards floating in the neutral zone when they should be helping out in the defensive end.

Dupuis is wide open if front of net for goal because the Pens outnumbered the Flyers defense around the goal, where was the help.

Kennedy sitting there with his stick cocked at the top of the circle ungaurded with a clear shooting lane because three Flyers are chasing Matt Cooke, MATT COOKE!

Look, us Pens fans know about weak defense(and bad goaltending), we lived it for years(and I don't think that you could say that our current defense is that great defensively). But the forwards have to be willing to sacrifice their stats and bodies to help out. If we could only get Malkin to buy into that, I'd be pumped.

Edited by nossagog

Its not JUST the defense though, playing defensively is a 6 player effort, to simply blame the defense(although the misplay by Timo in the Pens game doesn't help my case) or the goalie does not make sense.

You have forwards floating in the neutral zone when they should be helping out in the defensive end.

Dupuis is wide open if front of net for goal because the Pens outnumbered the Flyers defense around the goal, where was the help.

Kennedy sitting there with his stick cocked at the top of the circle ungaurded with a clear shooting lane because three Flyers are chasing Matt Cooke, MATT COOKE!

Look, us Pens fans know about weak defense(and bad goaltending), we lived it for years(and I don't think that you could say that our current defense is that great defensively). But the forwards have to be willing to sacrifice their stats and bodies to help out. If we could only get Malkin to buy into that, I'd be pumped.

Thanks. You do remember last playoffs, right? Or the first period of the same game you're telling us how to play in? LOL

I think it's funny Pen fans are telling us Bryz is good. Of course you want us to keep him. What opponent wouldn't?

Thanks. You do remember last playoffs, right? Or the first period of the same game you're telling us how to play in? LOL

I think it's funny Pen fans are telling us Bryz is good. Of course you want us to keep him. What opponent wouldn't?

Oh I remember, hence my comment about our own defense. When you see your own teams shortcomings so often, its easy to see the same things in other teams.

But I don't think you'll ever catch me saying Bryz is good, or worth that money. I'm just happy that he has a contract with the Flyers for the next 6 years. :D

• Like 1