The only option to move Briere to....

.....is the box in the sky let him view a couple games from there, he is a vet and needs to act like it on the ice.

How about start playing better away from the puck for starters....yeah he ain't winning the Selke anytime soon but he can set a good example when he is out there....and that is to hustle...he is in a scoring drought but he can still contribute and play better without the puck...tired of seeing him coast.

He is not the only one but Lavy has to send a message and it should start with him.

They can't send him down but you can scratch him let him rot in the box in the sky.

Put some one out there that is going to skate and forecheck and back check...Welly would be a good option...i know he has been great in the past in the playoffs but if they don't pick it up there will not be a playoffs this season....PERIOD!

Whatever it takes to get the message through to him...and for whatever reason maybe he can wake Coots up i may chalk his slump up to a sophmore slump but he ain't playing with confidence that is sure...he needs to shot the puck more may help...anyways Danny needs to sit.

There that is my 2 cents....what say you?

One of the more "telling" stats about Briere - he's got 6 PIMs. Most guys in the NHL it wouldn't be an issue but with Briere 6 PIMs is a red flag 26 games in.

Six PIMs = he's been a "passenger" most nights.

• Like 1

I actually have a better idea than a *stint* in the press box, although I don't think it will be done. How about just sending him there for a healthy amount of games through the rest of the season? Just make him a healthy scratch in almost every other game. What the hell... this season is a lost cause anyway. But this may be the only way to convince him he has no future with this team so he would possibly agree to wave his NMC.

Again, I don't think it will be done, but I really don't know what else they can do to move him. And they *do* need to move him to start unloading salaries.

And this goddamned moron Holmgren just signed Timonen for the gigantic contract, handcuffing the team even more. He is doing just the opposite of what he really should be doing. Instead of getting rid of high price tag veterans to free up the salary, he actually puts the team in the even tougher spot from where there is almost no way out...

How could this be happening? How can this sheer incompetence be tolerated?

Just shaking my head in desgust...

• Like 2

I actually have a better idea than a *stint* in the press box, although I don't think it will be done. How about just sending him there for a healthy amount of games through the rest of the season? Just make him a healthy scratch in almost every other game. What the hell... this season is a lost cause anyway. But this may be the only way to convince him he has no future with this team so he would possibly agree to wave his NMC.

Again, I don't think it will be done, but I really don't know what else they can do to move him. And they *do* need to move him to start unloading salaries.

And this goddamned moron Holmgren just signed Timonen for the gigantic contract, handcuffing the team even more. He is doing just the opposite of what he really should be doing. Instead of getting rid of high price tag veterans to free up the salary, he actually puts the team in the even tougher spot from where there is almost no way out...

How could this be happening? How can this sheer incompetence be tolerated?

Just shaking my head in desgust...

It is tolerated because you GD Flyer fans buy season tickers, merchandise and worship this team and organization like a pagan god. You tell a busines today that you are unhappy with them buy not doing this.

• Like 2

It is tolerated because you GD Flyer fans buy season tickers, merchandise and worship this team and organization like a pagan god. You tell a busines today that you are unhappy with them buy not doing this.

Not after this season... I remember the attendance has dropped by 30% after the 2006 disastrous season. I remember I went to games and there were a bunch of empty seats, which you ordinarily would not have seen before.

Look, I hear what you are saying. But I personally think it's not it at all. For other teams - sure. But not here. The owner, despite all his flaws, wants to win. I don't know if he cares for anything else in his life more than the Flyers (outside his family, of course). He wants nothing more than to see the Flyers win the cup.

The problem is not the desire. They want to win and they want to win BAD. They just don't know how.

Edited by Mad Dog
  • Like 4

A stint in the press box might not be a bad idea. Even just a game or two.

Somethng needs to wake or shake this team up.

Would like to see bryzgalov get some time on the pine, too.

Not a bad idea for briere at all.

I wonder if Lavy is being told to start Bryz so much, or if he's intentionally running Bryz into the ground to force a buyout? Hmmmm.

Which leads me to my take, run Bryz into the ground and force a buyout.

Not after this season... I remember the attendance has dropped by 30% after the 2006 disastrous season. I remember I went to games and there were a bunch of empty seats, which you ordinarily would not have seen before.

Look, I hear what you are saying. But I personally think it's not it at all. For other teams - sure. But not here. The owner, despite all his flaws, wants to win. I don't know if he cares for anything else in his life more than the Flyers (outside his family, of course). He wants nothing more than to see the Flyers win the cup.

The problem is not the desire. They want to win and they want to win BAD. They just don't know how.

Simple, you get a capable GM, unlike Paul Holmgren, from outside the boys club. Fixed it.

I am saddened by the product. But it reflects bad trades, bad coaching, and bad chemistry. In short, I think it is a "system problem." Briere can be signaled. But I am not sure this gang will respond. And I doubt we have call-ups from our depleted farm club who could use the opportunity to build their careers. It is just sad.

Best,

Howie

Would like to see bryzgalov get some time on the pine, too.

I don't care if "It was not his fault!". The team knows that ANY and almost EVERY turnover is going to be in the net. He stops NONE of them. It is killing this team's morale. I am not saying it is right, I am saying that is what is happening.

• Like 1

@doom88 At this point, the more Bryz plays, the better our draft pick gets, AND....you eliminate any of this "he didn't get a fair shake" garbage that might be brought up....let him play as much as he wants...or let him tie his own noose, whichever you prefer...lol.

@pensuck All non playoff teams are in the draft lottery for the first time this year. The two teams at the top that came the closest to making the playoffs will have limited balls and a 0.5 % chance to get the first pick overall.....which is why I'm ok with the Leafs making the playoffs this year...lol. It's a slim chance, but for the first time, you can miss the playoffs by one single point and get a generational talent as the reward....very exciting.

@doom88 At this point, the more Bryz plays, the better our draft pick gets, AND....you eliminate any of this "he didn't get a fair shake" garbage that might be brought up....let him play as much as he wants...or let him tie his own noose, whichever you prefer...lol.

Ya know that is a very good way of looking at it...

i don't think its a far stretch to tie trade rumors to poor perfromance in the case of Briere. Briere has the right to contorl his destiny as far as whihc franchise roster he is on, but he has no control over playing time. He absolutely needs to be benched. Send whatever message you can. My only problem with benching him is it may dminish his value should the trade option airse.

This team is a product of the management, which is a product of the vision, and that is a result of the mentality of the owner. as someone else recently pointed out, Snider is the Jerry Jones/George Steinbrenner/Al Davis of the NHL. They need to change their vision and way of doing things. Its time to revamp this team. Bryz, Briere, Timmonen, Fedotenko, Gagne, Boucher and Leighton should be gone. Their is a fresh young core that needs to be developed and lead this team forward.

I don't see them making the playoffs, and quite honestly I'm happy about it. Its the only chance that will elicit change

I would sit cooter and talbot right next to him...

Something is up with Cooter at times it looks like there is no way this kid had back to back 96 point jr season the way he is fumbling the puck...like yesterday turning it over in the nuetral zones and it goes right back the other way in the net...now mind you it would be nice to have a goalie that could at least stop a beach ball yet that really doesn't tell us what is going on in his head.

I can't believe the lack of training camp and all is having such a negative impact on this bunch but they all look out of sync....yet the whole NHL is going through the same thing the flyers did with no camp...

...yet at times this group look like it's the first time they have played hockey...and with there play every night i know i made the right choice bypassing on center ice for the first time since 2000...i felt it was a train wreck about to happen...for once seems i was right! :ph34r:

Edited by OccamsRazor

Cotourier is the JVR in my opinion. Shows flashes of brilliance that turns into a frenzy of expectation, then when he comes back to earth, what he did becomes the standard that he has to live up to. Instead of being able to develop and learn, he now becomes a failure and disappointment, and gets shipped off to become a good player for another team.

The upside is, JVR and Coots will be able to retire in Philadlephia after they go win individual awards and a Cup with some other team. Let's face it the, the Flyers are Florida, the place where you go to retire after your success has been attained

• Like 1

Something is up with Cooter at times it looks like there is no way this kid had back to back 96 point jr season the way he is fumbling the puck...like yesterday turning it over in the nuetral zones and it goes right back the other way in the net...now mind you it would be nice to have a goalie that could at least stop a beach ball yet that really doesn't tell us what is going on in his head.

I can't believe the lack of training camp and all is having such a negative impact on this bunch but they all look out of sync....yet the whole NHL is going through the same thing the flyers did with no camp...

...yet at times this group look like it's the first time they have played hockey...and with there play every night i know i made the right choice bypassing on center ice for the first time since 2000...i felt it was a train wreck about to happen...for once seems i was right! :ph34r:

they just aren't that good. too many holes in key places

Cotourier is the JVR in my opinion. Shows flashes of brilliance that turns into a frenzy of expectation, then when he comes back to earth, what he did becomes the standard that he has to live up to. Instead of being able to develop and learn, he now becomes a failure and disappointment, and gets shipped off to become a good player for another team.

The upside is, JVR and Coots will be able to retire in Philadlephia after they go win individual awards and a Cup with some other team. Let's face it the, the Flyers are Florida, the place where you go to retire after your success has been attained

So Richty and Carter are coming back???? YEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!