The only option to move Briere to....

I think snider is telling holmgren what he wants from behind the scenes (like has been said before). And I don't get why there's still so much hate towards Bryz? He's not the problem with this team. The entire team has been up and down. Bryz has made some awesome saves this year AND he's let in bad goals! Would any one here like our chances at the playoffs even if we had Lundqvist or Rinne in net? I think we'd still be in the boat we're in now.

I think snider is telling holmgren what he wants from behind the scenes (like has been said before). And I don't get why there's still so much hate towards Bryz? He's not the problem with this team. The entire team has been up and down. Bryz has made some awesome saves this year AND he's let in bad goals! Would any one here like our chances at the playoffs even if we had Lundqvist or Rinne in net? I think we'd still be in the boat we're in now.

i disagree about bryzgalov xganarchy.

he doesn't skate well, he's beaten everytime there is a one on one situation, in the context of a game when the goalie can make a big play to help cover a mistake and swing momentum, he comes up small 90% of the time this year, he inspires little confidence for the skaters to get deep on the forecheck and grind, because if there's a missed assignment and a decent outlet from the opposition it winds up in the net. when you're always looking over your shoulder it's hard to go forward.

bryz has been better , but he's not the guy for the team we have, and i'd say going forward he's not the guy for the team we want to have.

lunquist and rinne are both superior skaters and athletes to bryzgalov.

• Like 1

i disagree about bryzgalov xganarchy.

he doesn't skate well, he's beaten everytime there is a one on one situation, in the context of a game when the goalie can make a big play to help cover a mistake and swing momentum, he comes up small 90% of the time this year, he inspires little confidence for the skaters to get deep on the forecheck and grind, because if there's a missed assignment and a decent outlet from the opposition it winds up in the net. when you're always looking over your shoulder it's hard to go forward.

bryz has been better , but he's not the guy for the team we have, and i'd say going forward he's not the guy for the team we want to have.

lunquist and rinne are both superior skaters and athletes to bryzgalov.

Well yes they're both much better but that was my point. And I think that's a weak excuse, the guys don't hang back and play close defense as if they're unsure of their goalie. They routinely fail to clear the puck, clear the crease, AND have horrible turnoves like Voracek tonight

WARNING: You are about to be lambasted by an acute case of "homerism". You should not take Danny's name in vain, he has kids ya know?

Not sure what having a family means for Danny but it cant be that important....he was in EUROPE for 3 months playing hockey!!!!!!!

Not sure what having a family means for Danny but it cant be that important....he was in EUROPE for 3 months playing hockey!!!!!!!

As much fun as it can be to challenge and question parents on the decisions they make for their children, they are their decisions to make.

Briere playing three months overseas in a temporary lockout (while his kids remained in Philadelphia) is a little different than being traded for the next two years.

The main point is that Briere has control over where he goes. I fully expect them to buy him out after next season (if not before), but the Flyers options are somewhat limited by the actions of their general manager.

The team made a commitment to the player and bound itself to his wishes. Without the lockout and the amnesty buyout option, they wouldn't even have that bit of leverage.

• Like 1