Blow this team up. Now.

AndyS

I understand. I'm not anti-Briere or anything I just think that this team lacks the talent on the back end to win a cup and Danny is t getting any younger. He's also not having a great year it's probably time for him to go.

I am anti-Briere. Lazy at best back checking, terrible at draws, stupid stick penalties when actually playing not floating, and takes up a perfectly good roster spot for a young center (or any forward) to play. Let him be someone else's problem, except Montreal, because their misery warms my heart.

Keep:

Giroux

Schenn (s)

Simmonds

Voracek

Hartnell

Read

Talbot

Gagne

Rinaldo

McGinn

Harry Z

Grossman

Coburn

Mezaros

Timmonen

Trade:

Briere (if possible)

Wellwood

Cooter (for the right price)

Cut:

Foster

Bryzgalov (buy out)

UFA not to re-sign:

Shelley

Leighton

Boucher

Rusty Feds

Knuble

Walker

Foster

Look to move Briere (again if possible) for some picks. Wellwood and Cooter together may be able to pry a very high pick or land a solid defensive prospect or goalie. I'd lean towards the defense and look to Jimmy Howard via the free agent market, or see what it would take to pry Bernier from LA. It's a real shame they gave up on Bobrovsky so fast because he could have been their guy with a little more seasoning.

Hate to say it, believe me I really hate typing this, but I do not think they will win a cup as long as Ed Snider is pulling the strings. I really think he will force Holmgren to make a piss poor move and sacrifice a lot of youth to make a playoff push.

This team is young and good, just needs a goalie they can trust and some help on D. They don't need all-stars on the back end, but a decent puck mover and more than two guys that have a functional brain back there.

@Bertmega

I really wouldn't give up on Couturier this early. I really think he has great vision to create offensively, great defensive ability, great instincts, and he CAN finish even if he is having trouble right now doing it.

Couts is the second most talented kid on the roster behind Giroux. He's not even 20 is he? I'd hate to let that go.

Yes, Coburn is having a bad year... you can say that again.... and the fact that he's one of our "better defencemen" isn't saying much <g>.

I'd say move him and build up someone into that spot.... the D can't get any worse.

Gotta keep Timmo too. Much as he's been screwing up (game winning goal in penguins game was all Timmo) They still need him to hold crap together back there. Outside of Coburn, what's left outside of Kimmo is very very unsure at the moment. Maybe this time next year they'll be stronger, but right now they still don't know how to play defense. The problem is of course that Timmo knows how, he's just not really on top of his game enough to execute it.

I'll remove hartnell. Add Gus

what the hell is wrong with everyone on this site? everytime a guy has a bad year the knee jerk reaction is "TRADE HIM". How many times has a good young player been shipped off, just to flourish with another team? Damn! this team sent Luca Sbisa packing for Chris Pronger, and a friggin lynch mob was formed. But now it's, trade coburn...trade cotourier... trade read...trade laughton...trade schen. How many JVR's, Patrick Sharp, Dianus Zubrus, Justin Williams, and others need to get shipped off before this franchise gets control of themselves?

And of course this team is notorious for dealing away young talent just to bring them back when they are old and useless. If you honestly expect to win with Knuble, Fedotenko and Gagne, you are just sutpid.

I don't know why we expect anything different. Draft picks are essentially useless and this franchise has become a farm team for other NHL teams. Instead they bank their future and current success on players ii the twi-light of their careers, or players who weren't good enough to win here the first time

No heart. No compete. No nothing.

Blow it up & try to make this team worth watching next season & beyond.

List of players to get rid of:

1. Briere

2. Bryz

3. Hartnell

4. Kimmo

5. . . . .

Feel free to add to this list.

The only untouchables, IMO, are Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Coutourier, Grossmann & Coburn.

I can't stomach any more of this crap hockey. This is NOT Flyers hockey.

Andy:

What is Flyers hockey? Do we know anymore? It is not or should not be bullies hockey. That train left the station. That will not work in the controlled sport NHL of today. It should be solid, creative offensive and defensive hockey played with toughness. With a legit G. Depth. Great talent recruitment and development. I think this team is completely frustrated by the coaching at this point. They see the talent. They are the talent. They were told and believe they are much more than they are now. But most are young and not being developed. The D and G is suspect. There is no system buy-in because they can't get this uptempo attack all the time system to work with the D they have. Opposing teams do one thing and that is stop the transition by crushing the D in their own zone. End of story. I have been a big Peter Laviolette fan, at the risk of going on this coaching carousel again, I say now that coaching must be looked at, but more so the GM. This organization suffers from ingrained homerism. There is no other sports franchise that I know of that needs a breath of fresh air as much as the Fylers do. Clean house top down. No players are untouchable except Giroux.

BOI

Andy:

What is Flyers hockey? Do we know anymore? It is not or should not be bullies hockey. That train left the station. That will not work in the controlled sport NHL of today. It should be solid, creative offensive and defensive hockey played with toughness. With a legit G. Depth. Great talent recruitment and development. I think this team is completely frustrated by the coaching at this point. They see the talent. They are the talent. They were told and believe they are much more than they are now. But most are young and not being developed. The D and G is suspect. There is no system buy-in because they can't get this uptempo attack all the time system to work with the D they have. Opposing teams do one thing and that is stop the transition by crushing the D in their own zone. End of story. I have been a big Peter Laviolette fan, at the risk of going on this coaching carousel again, I say now that coaching must be looked at, but more so the GM. This organization suffers from ingrained homerism. There is no other sports franchise that I know of that needs a breath of fresh air as much as the Fylers do. Clean house top down. No players are untouchable except Giroux.

BOI

In think, at minimum, Flyers hockey (while no longer being the BSB model) has always been playing tough hockey, playing the full 60 minutes, and playing it in a physical style. Teams should know that there will be a price to be paid for every loose puck along the boards, or every forward trying to camp out in front of the net.

Basically just look at the Kings (with the exception of the goalie being all-world, although we used to have that back in the day too).

In think, at minimum, Flyers hockey (while no longer being the BSB model) has always been playing tough hockey, playing the full 60 minutes, and playing it in a physical style. Teams should know that there will be a price to be paid for every loose puck along the boards, or every forward trying to camp out in front of the net.

Basically just look at the Kings (with the exception of the goalie being all-world, although we used to have that back in the day too).

That's every team's philosophy though. They all strive to win the battles, punish the opponents brave enough to battle against them, etc etc. even finesse teams talk physical.

I think a lot of teams' goals are the same, the differences are in how they choose to execute it.

Andy:

Yes, I would agree.

Unfortunately the present Flyers have less thn 3-4 guys with both the skil and toughness, like the Kings.

BOI