Leighton called up could start tomorrow

RonJeremy

Our savior is here!!!!!

I believe that we are navigating very close to the bottom now. But, I do understand that Bryz cannot physically play every game and that he is getting a lot of work because the defense is non-existent. Above all else, I am quite amazed that Bryz has held it all together physically and especially mentally. Some people want him run out of town but I chose to say he has become a good teammate and playing decently all things considered.

Can someone give me one logical reason Leighton will be back on this roster-over Boosh? It's ain't cap reasons, their hits are almost equal this year. It ain't his play-he flat out sucked for the Flyers this year.

This move has me totally baffled. Unless they are showcasing him for a trade. I ALMOST typed that with a straight face.

Edited by DaGreatGazoo

I was just finished with laundry and about to work out...and I read this thread. My G_d...what the hell is going on? I would rather we give Heeter/Schmeeter or Elmer Fudd the start than Leighton. Are we saying Boosh is washed up entirely? If so, fine, than bring in a kid and see what the hell he does...and if a group of senior players rallies around a kid.

Ron...sorry for dumping...the message is the problem, not the messenger.

Best,

Howie

• Like 1

Can someone give me one logical reason Leighton will be back on this roster-over Boosh? It's ain't cap reasons, their hits are almost equal this year. It ain't his play-he flat out sucked for the Flyers this year.

This move has me totally baffled. Unless they are showcasing him for a trade. I ALMOST typed that with a straight face.

Yes he is here to secure Seth Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

• Like 1

OK, Boucher was sent to the Phantoms.

I guess he didn't need to clear waivers, because?.......he only played in ... x ... number of games so he still was eligible on his previous waiver?

interesting.

So what has Leighton done that suggests he is better than Boucher?

still confused, Holmgren is really grasping for straws here.

• Like 1

Lavy doesn't trust Boosh.

Lavy does trust Leighton, Lavy needs a goaltender coordinator, managing that position is his Achilles heel.

Leighton is going to break Boosh's shutout minutes record, you watch LOL.

It could be they want to make sure they have beaten Bryzgalov to death by playing him against Buffalo and they are letting Boosh get a tune up game in the AHL..... before he comes back to take the reigns

It could be they want to make sure they have beaten Bryzgalov to death by playing him against Buffalo and they are letting Boosh get a tune up game in the AHL..... before he comes back to take the reigns

lol, or Leight's plays the first 5min and then wear out Bryz. :P

I was just finished with laundry and about to work out...and I read this thread. My G_d...what the hell is going on? I would rather we give Heeter/Schmeeter or Elmer Fudd the start than Leighton. Are we saying Boosh is washed up entirely? If so, fine, than bring in a kid and see what the hell he does...and if a group of senior players rallies around a kid.

Ron...sorry for dumping...the message is the problem, not the messenger.

Best,

Howie

Howie, I'd rather put a fridge on wheels in front of the net, it be less of a stiff than Leighton (and it would cover more net). Nice to know how much this team still values goaltending. Leighton must have damning evidence against Homer, and threatened to use it against him if he didn't get playing time. I just don't understand the mindset of the organ-eye-zation. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when they're discussing personnel decisions.

Howie, I'd rather put a fridge on wheels in front of the net, it be less of a stiff than Leighton (and it would cover more net). Nice to know how much this team still values goaltending. Leighton must have damning evidence against Homer, and threatened to use it against him if he didn't get playing time. I just don't understand the mindset of the organ-eye-zation. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when they're discussing personnel decisions.

Agreed! And analyst on NHL Network faults the defense and notes how short-term breakdowns are killing performance. The dude is right. Tonight. Should be a critical game.

Best,

Howie

There really is no reason to have Leighton in the NHL, let alone ahead of Boosh. I really really don't get it.

The way we handle our goaltending is becoming a farce again, like the three ring circus we had a few years ago.

Unbelievable.

• Like 2

Yes, they are interviewing Leighton to be the goalie coach of the future. After all, he has been a good Flyer

Seriously, I think this is just a sign of how desperate this franchise is and maybe they think they can catch lightning in a bottle. Perhaps they should just save some money and buy a white flag... "WE GIVE UP!"

Laviolette and the rest of the Flyers are scrambling. Putting aside Bryz's own issues for now, he is tired. No human can start so many games played within such a short interval. He simply needs rest. And the Flyers - mind you BY THE OWN CHOICE - do not have a suitable back-up. Is Booch better than Leighton? Probably yes. But at this point, my guess is that Lavy simply doesn't care who that is. He needs to give Bryz a rest. And he knows that the difference between Booch and Leighton is probably very marginal. There may be some other unimportant reason for starting Leighton ahead of Bouche, but it's hardly relevant to us or Laviolette.

Oh man........... I don't even know what to say at this point other than just shaking my head. This team is a road kill.

Edited by Mad Dog