thoughts

aziz

Yes, maybe not the most breathtaking numbers you expect out of your backup, but if he rots on the bench for more than 70% of the season, how can anybody even be in a position to evaluate his game?

well, that's the point. with no anesty buyout for bryzgalov in the picture, that is about all his backup was going to get. that being the case, bob rotting on the bench and being shakey for his every-couple-weeks start didn't make any sense. in that senario, i'd rather boucher than bob.

just saying, the mistake wasn't getting rid of bob, it was bringing in bryzgalov on that stupid contract. it basically necessitated moving bob elsewhere. bob's head doesn't appear to be built for bench duty; he had a rough time in columbus, too, until he stopped sharing duties with mason. now that he's gotten the bulk of the starts over the last two weeks, he's settled back into being effective. some guys are like that.

@doom88

Braydon Schenn could be a 1st line center on one of the weaker teams (not named Flyers). Should Holmgren be nice and send him off?

Having a solid backup goalie is key to a great team. Getting rid of one is poor asset management unless you're being overcompensated, which we clearly weren't.. Not having anyone any good to replace him makes it even dumber.

Really? Apples and oranges. Skaters actually play most games, and second line with PP time isn't bad.

That said, since I have to repeat this, I never wanted Bob traded, nor Bryz signed. Burning waiver eligibility ended his career in Philly, as Boosh is a better backup, and Bob needed starts to improve.

• Like 1