The NHL is a joke

Are you kidding me with the charging and 10 minute misconduct on Rinaldo? I'm so sick of NHL referees with an agenda. Can teams just play hockey? The penalties called in the league anymore are just total fluff and garbage.

This sport is a shell of its former self. Thanks NHL for pussifying hockey for the fans.

I know I'm going to get killed her because I'm out numbered 100-1 but both the Simmonds and Schenn hits were boarding penaltys. I thought Schenn's was actually worse seeing he had time to let up but decided not to. Simmonds should have got a penalty but nothing more than 2. Ennis turned and put himself in a bad spot. Actually 2nd time in a week he's done that. Officiating was brutal tonight though on both sides. Scott getting a 10 minute misconduct for talking to Rinaldo. Phantom unsportsmanlike on Brennan for idk what. Rinaldo penalty was a joke too. Refs wouldn't let them play.

I know I'm going to get killed her because I'm out numbered 100-1 but both the Simmonds and Schenn hits were boarding penaltys. I thought Schenn's was actually worse seeing he had time to let up but decided not to. Simmonds should have got a penalty but nothing more than 2. Ennis turned and put himself in a bad spot. Actually 2nd time in a week he's done that. Officiating was brutal tonight though on both sides. Scott getting a 10 minute misconduct for talking to Rinaldo. Phantom unsportsmanlike on Brennan for idk what. Rinaldo penalty was a joke too. Refs wouldn't let them play.

I only saw the replay of Simmonds. I could argue that one either way, but probably a board by letter of the law.

The Schenn hit was boarding. I wish players would quit turning their back to the play, though. You want to reduce injuries in this league, reduce stupidity. That said, Schenn had plenty of time to let up and didn't. Penalty. No more.

By the way, Gerbe played like a punk. I'm not familiar enough with him to say he's like that all the time, but on that play and immediately after, he acted like a punk. ..or a Cindy.

By the way, Gerbe played like a punk. I'm not familiar enough with him to say he's like that all the time, but on that play and immediately after, he acted like a punk. ..or a Cindy.

That's Gerbe's game and for 5'4 guy I love the heart and effort the rest of the team lacks. He's one of those guys where on ur team u love him and against him u hate him. He doesn't care how big you are he never backs down gotta respect that.

@Pegulaville26

I actually don't respect it at all. This is not based on anything other than tonight because I don't know him enough, but based on tonight I wouldn't want him on my team. He didn't play big or tough or with energy. He flopped on the ice after the Schenn hit like a Brownie scout with a yeast infection. Talk about a disgusting display of lost manhood. He flops around acting as if he was shot, gets up and skates away and plays the very next shift.

Milbury questioned Ovechkin's manhood for doing the exact same thing. It's sickening to watch. I don't care what color the jersey is. You obviously have seen more of him so maybe this was out of character, but there was nothing in that display tonight that I would even come close to classifying as "heart and effort."

Are you kidding me with the charging and 10 minute misconduct on Rinaldo? I'm so sick of NHL referees with an agenda. Can teams just play hockey? The penalties called in the league anymore are just total fluff and garbage.

Did you see where Prospal got a game misconduct for pointing to the scoreboard?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=0&id=216644&cmpid=embed-share-video

@ruxpin it's hard to say he flopped around and was faking. Was Brad Richards faking when Kaleta hit him? He was laying on the ice for a while then got up and skated to the bench and played the next shift. He would go on to miss the next two Rangers games. Gerbe had back surgery last year from being hit from behind and a concussion last season from a similar hit too. You can't really judge unless your in that position. Personally I've been hit from behind before and it scares u more than anything. One particular hit tore a ligament in my knee. I'm not saying Gerbe wasn't milking it, but I don't think he should be criticized for it. If I'm not mistaken both Gerbe and Ennis are not practicing today.

I'm not saying Gerbe wasn't milking it, (good, because he was) but I don't think he should be criticized for it (we'll just disagree here because he acted like a puss)

No different than the Ovechkin thing. Milbury has only been right twice in his life. One was to go after Ovechkin to be a man. The other was....okay, I'll have to get back to you on that.

No lie, this "refs trying to control the game" BS is getting way way old.... and what about the last few mins of a game when the rules seem to change. A call you make mid game should be the same call with a min left. Something you let go mid game should be let go with a min left. ( and the score should not change the rules ) What a joke.

• Like 1

I don't know why players do this. It's insane. Soooooo many dangerous "boarding" hits have come from the player getting hit turning in to face the boards at the last second. Sure he draws a penalty, but half the time he gets a concussion. The Simmonds hit on Ines yesterday is a perfect example. Somehow they didn't get fooled by it and knew it was essentially just a routine check that turned into a dangerous play because the Sabre getting hit made a really really bad choice.

It's been this way for a few years now. You can penalize a guy for not letting up if you want to, but you can't give him extra misconduct minutes or a suspension when his "victim" makes the play 1000 times more dangerous with a stupid stupid stupid decision like turning into the boards.

drawing a boarding penalty?