Giroux for Overall #1

ruxpin

Darnell Nurse. He's Donovan McNabbs nephew, but don't hold that against him...he's a great player. Soo Greyhounds, 6'5" about 200 lbs 11 g 27 a plays both ends of the rink well. Skates well. Playis an in your face game.

Is he really McNabbs' nephew? So he'll only be able to complete about 40% of his passes?

Really, you dream of selecting a 100 point impact player in the first round, esp where we selected Giroux. So, now that we have ******ed up a player that is really close to being that 100 point guy, we are gonna trade him for a maybe and what if? Don't see how giving up guaranteed talent for a maybe can help the Flyers.

Really, you dream of selecting a 100 point impact player in the first round, esp where we selected Giroux. So, now that we have ******ed up a player that is really close to being that 100 point guy, we are gonna trade him for a maybe and what if? Don't see how giving up guaranteed talent for a maybe can help the Flyers.

Pretty much.

Nothing to think about here. No way in HELL would I trade our captain and best player for a POTENTIALLY GREAT player in five years, Seth Jones or whoever. If Homer did that, he should immediately be taken to a mental ward.

Nothing to think about here. No way in HELL would I trade our captain and best player for a POTENTIALLY GREAT player in five years, Seth Jones or whoever. If Homer did that, he should immediately be taken to a mental ward.

So, put you down as a maybe, then?

I think the majority are saying no to Giroux but on the fence about including Coots in a trade to either move up or get another first to grab 2 of the dmen.

I think the majority are saying no to Giroux but on the fence about including Coots in a trade to either move up or get another first to grab 2 of the dmen.

Obviously, suggesting Giroux was way out there, but it has garnered some of the discussion I was hoping for.

@JackStraw

I just don't see a 1 for 2 benefitting us at this point. Of course it would all matter where our final seeding is for the draft. But if I'm given the choice between Jones or Couturier and say Nurse, i'll take my chances with the latter. If it's Jones or Couturier and the 15th pick, that's a different story.

And I agree about Jones.

Watching Nurse play against the Wolves this year, I wouldn't be upset if the Flyers drafted him if they couldn't get Jones. Giving up Couturier would be a hard decision but nothing would surprise me when it comes to Holmgren.

It's hard to tell, at 18 years of age, who the best player is going to be. Some guys won't develop much more, others have a long way to go. You've got Jones almost old enough for last years draft and MacKinnon barely old enough for this one. One guy might stop growing and another could put on 3 inches and 30 lbs. I'm all for taking Jones if we had the #1 pick (at this point). But I really don't see him being worth Couturier AND Nurse, or whoever is available when we pick.

And ya, I've liked Nurse's game.