Bryzgalov thinks Flyers are ‘done’ if NJ Devils sweep

@xganarchy "And if Bryz was as bad as some people have said, how did he carry the Coyotes all those seasons?"

Oversimplified, and a very general type answer, but I really believe he was the beneficiary of Dave Tippet's system in Phoenix. Just like Mike Smith after him. Proof is in the pudding, Smith went from a .899 save percentage with the Ligntning (.900 the year before that in Tampa) to a startling .930 save percentage with Tippet and the Yotes. From pedestrian numbers to all star numbers, just with a system switch. The part that angers me is the Flyers pro scouts were either dead wrong or not listened to when it came time to pony up the cash, and that is sickening.....either way it happened.

@xganarchy "And if Bryz was as bad as some people have said, how did he carry the Coyotes all those seasons?"

Oversimplified, and a very general type answer, but I really believe he was the beneficiary of Dave Tippet's system in Phoenix. Just like Mike Smith after him. Proof is in the pudding, Smith went from a .899 save percentage with the Ligntning (.900 the year before that in Tampa) to a startling .930 save percentage with Tippet and the Yotes. From pedestrian numbers to all star numbers, just with a system switch. The part that angers me is the Flyers pro scouts were either dead wrong or not listened to when it came time to pony up the cash, and that is sickening.....either way it happened.

Exactly. And we Flyers fans are now witnessing that for a second year.

I agree he's atrocious on breakaways and handling the puck but I can't blame him for letting up a goal on 3rd and 4th shots when the d can't clear the puck or clear the crease.

I don't blame him for 3rd and 4th shots. But on top of what you mentioned, how about how slow his is? How small he plays in the net? How bad his glove hand is? How annoying his stupid comments are?( I doubt he's a favorite in the lockerroom).Then there's the just plain bad luck he's had since he came to Philly with pucks deflecting off anything and everything and into the net-that part is almost uncanny.

How small he plays in the net?

FC...he is getting SMALLER. If your stomach can handle it, watch some replays from early in the season and then watch now. Where he was previously out further and challenging, he's MUCH further back in his net now; he's not challenging; and you rarely see him at the top of the crease to take shots from the point or even the top of the F/O circle. And now he's begun tucking himself almost in the net against the near post--if he doesn't actually stand in front of the post. Either way, it leaves the long side a huge gaping hole.

This has to be a confidence issue. I do think it's a lack of confidence in both himself and in the defense around him, but it's exponentially compounding the negative results because results are reducing confidence reducing results reducing confidence, etc. etc.

It's a travesty to watch at this point.