Pens vs Bruins 03/12/2013

Guest Polaris922

@jammer2

I disagree with HF's post completely. The Pens dominated the Bruins in everything BUT the score the entire game. The Bruins' first goal was a PP blast by Chara that sounded like it caught the post and in. It was their first shot of the game. Their second was a nice top shelf riser by Seguin when he was left alone in front for a nice feed from Bergeron.

The Pens were outplaying the Bruins the entire game, despite the score. The bounces just seemed to skip past or over our sticks until the third. They outshot the Bruins every period, and I felt it was one of those games where you lose the game by your failures more than the opponents actually won by their own actions.

Being at the game, I just sat there with my son and the older couple that sits in front of us. All of us agreed that it was "just one of those games". You know when the team has done everything to win but just couldn't seem to get that goal they need? It was one of those till Kunitz scored with 6:30 or whatever to go in the third.

I heard people making a fuss about Chara holding Sid pointless, but in all honesty, nobody did a better job of that than Sid and his own line mates. I couldn't count the number of missed opportunities and missed wide open nets.

@jammer2

It's only given away when you're the dominant team and give up goals making stupid mistakes while dominating in my eyes. The Bruins had a decent first period, but were on their heels the entire second and third. When you only generate 16 shots... How are you giving anything away??

@ polaris

Before you get too excited you were playing a bruins team that played the night b4. They didn't get into Pittsburgh until 3 am and you were playing their backup goalie. Haha.

In typical Pittsburgh fashion 1/2 the crowd left b4 they scored their first goal. You could see all of the empty seats on tv.

Edited by Digityman
Trolling (edited)

Posted · Hidden by Digityman, March 13, 2013 - Trolling
Hidden by Digityman, March 13, 2013 - Trolling

Whats really funny is that no one on here started a game thread until it was over. You're supposed to start it b4 the game. Hahaha... classic

Wow...

I know the Bruins like to think they gave it away but I think they eventually succumbed to the pressure. Not only were they outshot 34-16 but they also blocked 26 shots. Khudobin was impressive.

• Like 1

Whats really funny is that no one on here started a game thread until it was over. You're supposed to start it b4 the game. Hahaha... classic

You hit .500 yet? ;)

Speaking of empty seats, I'm seeing a lot more at the start of Flyers games. ;)

Edited by B21

@pensuck

Your hatred for my city seems to consume you. (Haha) I'd seek counseling.

As for the game I'd buy the fatigue factor meaning a lot more if it were just the third period the Pens were dominant. They really controlled the play the entire game though so I'm quite happy with that. The lack if scoring had more to do with missing opportunities than the Bruins defense. It certainly wasn't just the backup goalie that mattered, though he did play a position ally sound game, there were rebounds everywhere.

As for posting after the game, you'll notice I do that a lot. Primarily because I work all night, sleep most of the day, then go to the game. I'm sorry if this violates your personal rules if topic posting. Must be the lack of stagnant water and ghetto living I'm enjoying here in the 'Burgh that has me living life and posting after. It's safe to be outside in this city, unlike Filthadelphia. ;)

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by Digityman, March 13, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Digityman, March 13, 2013 - No reason given

How many times were the bankrupt pens bailed out compared to the flyers? What a loyal fan base you have. Lol.

Btw i live in Brigantine nj on an island and I look at the atlantic ocean every day. The only ghetto i see is on tv. The only smell is the smell of the salt in the air from the ocean. Nice try though coal cracker.I'll send you a picture of my view when i get to my computer. Maybe you can bring your wife/cousin here on vacation sometime. That's if you can cancel the tractor pull circuit trip you had planned.

Posted · Hidden by hf101, March 13, 2013 - post directed at member not topic
Hidden by hf101, March 13, 2013 - post directed at member not topic

You continue to show ignorance. I've never seen anyone brag about being from jersey. You are a troll, and unworthy to speak of my wife, so save breath there. You can't discuss hockey or Pittsburgh intelligently, as you lack required intellect. I bid you and your dim wit farewell.

C'mon, p-suck. Neither of us were thumping our chests about anything more than a nice comeback win. You started that. If you want to bring up empty seats and fanbases then you best look in the mirror first. This season is not even over and already Flyers fans are not showing up at the WFC and you still have a shot at the 7th or 8th seed. It took 3 years of horrid sucking before the Pens' attendance really dropped to 'OMG' levels.

We went bankrupt because of overspending to win those Cups in the early 1990's. Lemieux, Jagr, Francis, Coffey, Murphy, Stevens, Trottier, Tocchet and Barasso didn't come cheap. How do you think Lemieux ended up as a part owner?

I've always wondered what would happen if the Flyers truly sucked for a few years. I mean really sucked. Not those 4 years where you missed the playoffs. You were at least in contention until the end. I mean 20-50-12 sucking. Let's face it...it's been easy to be a Flyers fan.

If you want to troll, you best have your ducks in a row and your facts together. ;)

Oh yeah - 1975. ;)

PS - Watch out for the medical waste at the shore (since we've taken to ripping on our respetive hometowns' cliched reputations).

Edited by hf101
removed trolling quote
  • Like 1

I'll ignore the petty stuff, and just talk about the game. Tired team, blah blah, Back to back , blah blah, the sun got in my eyes, blah blah, add more excuses here as needed. None of that is the case. The Bruin's tried to play a road game, they got an early lead and tried to sit on it, play dump out and make the Pens chase all night, and clog the neutral zone. Oops, in this case it didn't work, their fault.

Even in the first, the pens out played , out shot and out hit the Bruins. They scored on two of their first three shots, really their first two chances. Other than the PP chance that the B's had, the Pens were still outplaying them. The only thing the B's did better was in the faceoff dot.

The Pens kept to their game and were eventually rewarded by a couple of good goals, and a defensive blunder by Seidenberg.

Give Bylsma some credit too, in the first the Pens had issues gaining the zone because the B's were clogging the neutral zone and forcing puck carries to other defenders. Bylsma change to a touch and go pass with a forward on the fly to get past the trap. And it worked great.

Now if I'm a Bruins fan, sure, I'm feeling that my team gave away two points(at least one) as you don't expect to cough up a lead that late in the game. But the truth is that they were under pressure from the start of the game.

Great, check off learning how to use the ignore filter in the forums. Man does it make these threads seem more intelligent now. No need to respond, filter is on.

Edited by nossagog

I disagree with HF's post completely. The Pens dominated the Bruins in everything BUT the score the entire game. The Bruins' first goal was a PP blast by Chara that sounded like it caught the post and in. It was their first shot of the game. Their second was a nice top shelf riser by Seguin when he was left alone in front for a nice feed from Bergeron.

OK, But did the Bruins not take a quick commanding lead and hold it up until the last 6-8 minutes of the game? Then they blew it on a bad pass by Seidenberg in open ice that the Penguins capitalized on. Khudobin got a bit rattled and the Bruins gave up a 2 goal lead that they have not done in some 66 games.

In my statement in the shoutbox I said nothing of the Penguins play....only the Bruins. :PThe Bruins also had a chance on a PP with about 5min left. They didn't capitalize. They gave away the 2pts.

If you compare that game to the recent Flyers loss in a Penguins comeback, both were similar. They continued to play hard while the Flyers and Bruins got a bit rattled in goal and made some poor decisions.

OK, But did the Bruins not take a quick commanding lead and hold it up until the last 6-8 minutes of the game? Then they blew it on a bad pass by Seidenberg in open ice that the Penguins capitalized on. Khudobin got a bit rattled and the Bruins gave up a 2 goal lead that they have not done in some 66 games.

In my statement in the shoutbox I said nothing of the Penguins play....only the Bruins. :PThe Bruins also had a chance on a PP with about 5min left. They didn't capitalize. They gave away the 2pts.

If you compare that game to the recent Flyers loss in a Penguins comeback, both were similar. They continued to play hard while the Flyers and Bruins got a bit rattled in goal and made some poor decisions.

I viewed it differently. The Pens dominated the play until they'd pulled even 2-2. They played an aggressive penalty kill and held the Boo'ins without a shot on the PP. it was the best effort our PK has made in ages. Only one missed pass by the Boo'ins on that PP, the rest was PK effort.

Yes Seidenberg passed the puck where Sutter could pick it off. Sutter made a great read and Seidenberg made a bad pass. But the Pens pressured throughout and prospered from it. There was far more take away of two points than give away.

@ b21

Let me get my ducks in a row. Lol. Its funny that you reference a bird that can actually fly.

In the last 40 years there have only been 9 pro sports teams to file bankruptcy. The pens happen to have done it twice!!! What else can i say about fan loyalty. When you guys dont have a lemieux (whom you've tankedcto get). And a crosby ( which we all know about the top 5 picks in 5 years) you have 0 thats ZERO fan support. Nobody goes to the games, nobody watched it on tv and no one buys the merchandice. That pretty much sums it up on your fan base. Good job. Next...

@ b21

Let me get my ducks in a row. Lol. Its funny that you reference a bird that can actually fly.

In the last 40 years there have only been 9 pro sports teams to file bankruptcy. The pens happen to have done it twice!!! What else can i say about fan loyalty. When you guys dont have a lemieux (whom you've tankedcto get). And a crosby ( which we all know about the top 5 picks in 5 years) you have 0 thats ZERO fan support. Nobody goes to the games, nobody watched it on tv and no one buys the merchandice. That pretty much sums it up on your fan base. Good job. Next...

Yawn. This kinda of post is older than your last Cup. :D Judging by your handle you appear to have a serious Pens obsession. I know...your own team hasn't won a Cup since Moses wore short pants. In the meantime, your cross state rival has 3. So all you have left is to try and discredit the team and fans. Textbook. The 1st first bankruptcy had nothing at all to do with a lack of fan support. The second bankruptcy was due to a lot of factors...dwindling attendance included. 4 straight years of 25-45-5ish will do that to any franchise. And please, don't come back with "Not the Flyers!". You've never had a streak like that. You might be on the cusp of one...might be. If so, not off to a promising start attendance-wise. Already empty seats at the WFC this season. You can't even sell out every game while your good. That's one claim the Pens can at least make. Not that it's any thing to boast about...but you brought it up.

You do a real disservice to your fellow Flyers fans.

Lol. Going bankrupt 2 times in 40 years? Whos discrediting who? Your fans did it themselves. :) Hahaha you are funny.

Hey, be happy. You have a competitive team and support is good right now. Thank God you have the Flyers Shero's son running your team. He learned from the best. Growing up around the orange and black.

Lol. Going bankrupt 2 times in 40 years? Whos discrediting who? Your fans did it themselves. :) Hahaha you are funny.

Hey, be happy. You have a competitive team and support is good right now. Thank God you have the Flyers Shero's son running your team. He learned from the best. Growing up around the orange and black.

Trolling the Pens section while your team is on. Keep obsessing. ;)

Edited by B21

If you havent noticed its 5-1. I have some free time to respond. This is one of our rare down years. We'll be back and there's 2 things you can bank on. We wont tank it to get the #1 pick nd we wont go bankrupt. Enjoy that iron city beer bro :)

If you havent noticed its 5-1. I have some free time to respond. This is one of our rare down years. We'll be back and there's 2 things you can bank on. We wont tank it to get the #1 pick nd we wont go bankrupt. Enjoy that iron city beer bro :)

But but but....all Flyers fans are die hards! Never fairweather! Never miss a minute of any game ever no matter what the score.

Amazing what happens when your season is headed down the crapper, eh?

BTW, Ray was 13 when Fred's Flyers won the Cup. I'm sure he was at his dad's side every step of the way learning the ropes at that age. ;)

Edited by B21