Bad Goal.

AndyS

So the Flyers tie the game & Bryz gives up another goal less than a minute later??? :angry:

It's like a pitcher giving up runs in the half inning right after his own team's offense scores runs for him. My biggest pet peeve.

I think this guy just needs to go.

Call LA and do whatever you need to do to get Jonathan Bernier to the Flyers. Just do it already.

[End rant.]

Problem is most goalie's would have had the angle cut off and that puck would have never made it to that point. I can't remember the last time Bryz has made a game changing save.

That's how I feel about that goal too.

Maybe he could have played it better, maybe not. But to focus on the goalie when this team just plays like absolute crap is absurd. When a team plays like this there is only one place you can point the finger, and that's at the guy behind the bench.

• Like 1

Well, that's a valid point. But it's still the coach's job to make sure the players address the fundamentals, which they don't.

I agree. Lavy's system worked great while he was in Carolina when they were still clamping down on obstruction, but that isn't the case any longer. The Flyers need a coach somewhere between Lavy and Hitch. Still playing good D while using all the offensive talent they have. Oh and getting rid of Bryz would be a start as well.

• Like 1

I agree. Lavy's system worked great while he was in Carolina when they were still clamping down on obstruction, but that isn't the case any longer. The Flyers need a coach somewhere between Lavy and Hitch. Still playing good D while using all the offensive talent they have. Oh and getting rid of Bryz would be a start as well.

Lavy's system worked pretty well in 2009-2010 with two backup golies, reaching game 6 of Stanley Cup Finals.

Coincidence or not, this team problems apeared along with Bryzgalov. The whole team has no confidence in him. Every game is the same. He make some hard saves (not great ones) and then he lets one or two really soft goals, spit quite a few juicy rebounds. And he can't stop no player comming one on one with him.

Lavy's system worked pretty well in 2009-2010 with two backup golies, reaching game 6 of Stanley Cup Finals.

Coincidence or not, this team problems apeared along with Bryzgalov. The whole team has no confidence in him. Every game is the same. He make some hard saves (not great ones) and then he lets one or two really soft goals, spit quite a few juicy rebounds. And he can't stop no player comming one on one with him.

i think that lends more to the fact that there was a better defense in front of whichever goalie played than anything else. Much younger Timonen, productive Carle.. and a healthy Pronger. Light years ahead of what you have now...

• Like 1

i think that lends more to the fact that there was a better defense in front of whichever goalie played than anything else. Much younger Timonen, productive Carle.. and a healthy Pronger. Light years ahead of what you have now...

My point is that what happens now is at least Lavy's fault. And i do not want to change the coach just to have next season ruined again by some sloppy goalie and weak defence.

Bryz on the other hand makes more monet then Gervais, Foster, Gus and Walker combined, so he should be able to steal a game or two.

BTW our third D pairing sucked in 2010 just like Gervais and Foster now :D, but yes we had Pronger.

• Like 1

Bryz on the other hand makes more monet then Gervais, Foster, Gus and Walker combined, so he should be able to steal a game or two.

I love Bryz's Monet. He also makes a great Picasso.

;) If we don't laugh, we'll cry.

Well, that's a valid point. But it's still the coach's job to make sure the players address the fundamentals, which they don't.

so an NHL coach needs to run pee-wee passing drills ?

Couterier could use some power skating sessions... or something, his top end isn't bad but he is the opposite of quick, i really notice it on the pk where you need those quick cross overs and start stops, can what ailes him be fixed with conditioning ?

the team does look disorganized, all the damn time. that strikes me as a coaching problem, but i also have a hard time pointing the finger at the guy that has 3 legit defensman and has had to juggle his lines from week one because of a pile of games lost to injury. I know everyone has to deal with injuries though it seems to me like the guys that went down for this team metz harts and read were guys that the team really needs for continuity.

i'm also surprised by how much this team is missing jagr and his influence.

@JackStraw

You forgot our "forecheck". I have never seen team's exit their zone more perfectly, right out of the textbook, like teams vs the Flyers. You couldn't execute things more perfectly in a practice with zero forecheckers. We somehow enable other teams to come up with speed and force. It's f@cking breathtaking to behold I tell you.

@JackStraw

You forgot our "forecheck". I have never seen team's exit their zone more perfectly, right out of the textbook, like teams vs the Flyers. You couldn't execute things more perfectly in a practice with zero forecheckers. We somehow enable other teams to come up with speed and force. It's f@cking breathtaking to behold I tell you.

Forecheck? Forecheck? What is this "forecheck" of which you speak?