Carter kneeing Zac

Guest pensuck

So he obviously stuck his left leg out to catch Zacs knee. His toe even went up in the air so everyone could see. I'm going to guess no suspension. Lol

Look at the bright side, Zac didn't get a penalty for diving.

• Like 2

@Polaris922 The big question is, if Shanny does not act, how can we expect any kind of consistancy in his decisons? I know he has a tough job, but there has to be some typle of cross reference point here.

He has to do something. I know I know... But if he doesn't there's a bigger problem than inconsistency. There's outright stupidity.

He has to do something. I know I know... But if he doesn't there's a bigger problem than inconsistency. There's outright stupidity.

It has never stopped him (Shanahan ) before. Zac lessened the impact somewhat by managing to keep his knee bent while his whole body rolled through the hit instead of whiplashing the leg. If the Players are serious about getting rid of these type hits, Carter should be approached by the NHLPA Safety Board themselves even if Shanahan claims ignorance....

It has never stopped him (Shanahan ) before. Zac lessened the impact somewhat by managing to keep his knee bent while his whole body rolled through the hit instead of whiplashing the leg. If the Players are serious about getting rid of these type hits, Carter should be approached by the NHLPA Safety Board themselves even if Shanahan claims ignorance....

Wonder if the league will review it at this rate...

Wonder if the league will review it at this rate...

I don't know why Flyers fans ever feel like there are double standards.......... :rolleyes:

The problem is, there really are double standards and all too often they are not in our favor. This episode here is a case and point. Even you as a pens fan can see and acknowledge the intent of the hit and know it does not belong in the game and as of right now, a blind eye is still being turned by the league.

Nada on NHL.com or TSN or Philly.com - none of the wrap-up stories even mention the hit.

Carter got a tripping minor so there's no automatic review as there is on hits resulting in major penalties. He should've received a major for that hit.

Kicking a guy in the shin [literally] as he skates past....that's pretty fkd-up.

But since it was Zac Rinaldo...and he didn't sustain a career-ending knee injury the NHL prob won't do a damn thing.

I don't think the jersey matters as much as the name on the back.

Agree - it's Zac Rinaldo, he "had it coming" is probably what a lot of suits / zebras think.

I hope at *some* point Zac gets some respect for how he plays. I know you think he's a dirty player Polaris but I watch him more often I guess, and I can tell you he is not dirty, he's reckless...there's a big difference. He's not in the Matt Cooke / Darcy Tucker camp he's more in the Kronwall / Byfulgen (however you spell that guy's name) mold.

@canoli I think Pols is right, if there is no major, the Flyers have to put the wheels in motion and ask for a review.....unless, of course, Sid is on the recieving end of that hit...then it becomes automatic :)

apparently the Flyers did dick about it so Carter is free to try and ruin someone elses career...or maybe he'll just wait for Zac again.

I can't believe a play like that isn't automatically reviewed and then dealt with harshly. There is nothing but "intent to injure" when you make that move.

Carter should be ashamed of himself pulling that crap. Thank god Rinaldo wasn't taken out of the game permanently. He saves himself by "rolling off" the hit and doing a complete forward somersault.

Check it out, you don't see hockey players do forward flips very often!

http://ndgoon.blogsp...ac-rinaldo.html