Well the good news is....

It's starting to look realistic that we could be drafting Jones, Drouin, MacKinnon, Barkov or Nurse. It could make watching this garbage for 20 more games at least tolerable.

Of course Holmgren will then trade the pick, along with Braydon Schenn and Jakub Voracek for Chara.

• Like 2

@Phlyer1

The first overall will be selected from a lottery of non-playoff teams. If Philly is selected you know they will just throw it back in and pick again. The rest of the draft will be in order of standing from bottom to top.

Thanks for the info. You know how the Flyers did in there last flip of he coin.

@Phlyer1

The first overall will be selected from a lottery of non-playoff teams. If Philly is selected you know they will just throw it back in and pick again. The rest of the draft will be in order of standing from bottom to top.

Is it a weighted lottery?

It's starting to look realistic that we could be drafting Jones, Drouin, MacKinnon, Barkov or Nurse. It could make watching this garbage for 20 more games at least tolerable.

Of course Holmgren will then trade the pick, along with Braydon Schenn and Jakub Voracek for Chara.

We can also hope that Snider and Holmgren will use those buyouts on Bryzgalov and Briere. You getting ready for the OHL playoffs

If the Pens could still win the lottery for Crosby after the league screwed us on our percentages due to the lockout season, you guys can win it too. I really doubt you'll be bottom of the league but at least if you do miss the playoffs you have a chance for a better pick.

I really doubt you'll be bottom of the league but at least if you do miss the playoffs you have a chance for a better pick.

I don't expect the Flyers to make the playoffs the way the team is constructed or based on how we are playing. Retrospectively, I don't see how or why people should be surprised about the outcome. This past summer was an exhibition of total inaptness and incompetence by our GM more than I have ever seen. The team was doomed from the moment it entered the training camp...

Edited by Mad Dog

I thought I read on TSN that the draft picks will be all by chance. Every team will draw a number that will be where they line up in the draft? Another result of the Commissioners shortened season.

All teams that miss the playoffs will be in the lottery but it doesn't change the percentage of getting the first overall. You also can't drop more than two places. So basically if the Flyers finshed second last the worst they could pick is 4th. They made it seem like there was big changes but there really isn't.

@Lindbergh31

Getting pumped, the Colts are looking good. Scheifele has the best ppg in the O. We've got 2 pretty potent scoring lines. Neiderberger has been incredible. And watching 16 year old Aaron Ekblad develop has been a joy, the guy has a hockey brain the size of a zamboni.

If the Pens could still win the lottery for Crosby after the league screwed us on our percentages due to the lockout season, you guys can win it too. I really doubt you'll be bottom of the league but at least if you do miss the playoffs you have a chance for a better pick.

JVR says hello.

You mean the guy [JvR] that finally decided he should use his weight and frame and skills to play the game............If he had played like that here he would not have been traded........

What he said. ^^^

What he said. ^^^

Thank God the team recognized that and got rid of him before they decided to sign him to a long-term deal.

Oh, wait...

Well, I'm sure they didn't go ahead and make that same mistake with another player.

What's that? #hartnelldown?

:ph34r:

You mean the guy that finally decided he should use his weight and frame and skills to play the game............If he had played like that here he would not have been traded........

Sigh, yep. That's the one. He was playing like that last season, but he was hurt a lot. Regardless, he hasn't been one of those high powered top five picks that other teams have drafted: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, etc.

Sigh, yep. That's the one. He was playing like that last season, but he was hurt a lot. Regardless, he hasn't been one of those high powered top five picks that other teams have drafted: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, etc.

He was never expected to be. Neither was Kane or anyone else in that draft class. And don't look now but JVR has as many goals as Kane this year. Fewer assists but Kane plays with Toews on a much better team. That said, I'm liking Luke Schenn a lot and don't really regret this trade. Even though I wasn't crazy about it at the time.

Edited by JackStraw
  • Like 1

He was never expected to be. Neither was Kane or anyone else in that draft class. And don't look now but JVR has as many goals as Kane this year. Fewer assists but Kane plays with Toews on a much better team. That said, I'm liking Luke Schenn a lot and don't really regret this trade. Even though I wasn't crazy about it at the time.

The trade was a rare instance of a win win.

• Like 1

@doom88 I agree, it was a win-win, at least to this point. Both players desperately needed fresh new starts, both teams had voids to fill at forward and defense. I can see it staying even unless JVR breaks out for an ungodly number of goals or Luke reverts to mr.deer in headlights....I have not seen much of that this year, which tells me Mr.Wilson is a HORRIBLE coach who set this kid back many years in his development.

@doom88 I agree, it was a win-win, at least to this point. Both players desperately needed fresh new starts, both teams had voids to fill at forward and defense. I can see it staying even unless JVR breaks out for an ungodly number of goals or Luke reverts to mr.deer in headlights....I have not seen much of that this year, which tells me Mr.Wilson is a HORRIBLE coach who set this kid back many years in his development.

How about his treatment of Kadri?

@flyercanuck "How about his treatment of Kadri?"

Many say Kadri career was helped out by his time spent in the AHL. While that may be true, I don't know of any prospect that has been helped by throwing them under the bus in the press. If somebody is not playing up to expecatations, keep the reason for demotion in house...not splashed on the front of the Toronto Sun for all to read. That's exactly what sucked about Wilson, sooo quick to throw a player under the bus, but when they play well, he's the first guy to take credit.....unreal. I betcha Kadri would still be in the AHL if Burke and Wilson were in charge, those guys had it in for the kid. I always knew he would be a star, he was a fantastic player in London AND had the type of skill set that looked like it would translate well to the NHL.