Commentators from hell

Guest flyercanuck

Listening to "Doc" Emerick last night I had the pleasure of hearing some great hockey commentary. "Banked off the boards geometrically", "knifed out" "pitchforked" "filter through" "off Bryzgalovs paraphernalia" "able to appeal it along the boards". WTF? Am I watching a hockey game?

I can't stand Pierre McGuire. Denis Potvins voice is irritating. Jack Edwards is the biggest homer on the planet. Rick Jenerette and the clown in Pittsburgh are both obnoxious. But what are some of your most despised phrases that play by play or colour commentators use. You know, like "Holy Mackinaw 10X EVERY...SINGLE...GAME?

I'm sure it's enjoyed by fans in the Sunshine State, but the Panthers' radio announcer, Randy Moller gets so excited over a Panther goal that he decides to throw in a random movie line after every call. The lines are not even from hockey movies, just anything he's seen recently.. I'm sure it was cute in the beginning....

"Kopecky down in the clot, takes a pass from Goc, Kopecky shoots..SCOOOORES!!! RUN FORREST RUN!!!"

"Brian Campbell rotating at the point..29 seconds left in the power play...fires...SCOOORES!!!! I DRAW DING DONGS ON PEOPLE!!!!!!"

Obnoxious....

Moller can be annoying but some of the stuff he says is so far out there it is hilarious......

Most annoying commentator award goes to Edwards hands down. Bobby "the chief" Taylor runs a tie for runner up with Errey and Steigerwald.

The Caps announcer Craig Laughlin is not exactly ear candy either.......

There are a lot of HORRIBLE combos out there for sure.

I really enjoy listening to games called by Gord Miller (TSN/world juniors, etc.) and also Jim Hughson on CBC. They're not fancy, just straightforward and knowledgeable.

Jack Edwards should be taken out back and shot... so disrespectful.

• 4 weeks later...
<br />Jack Edwards should be taken out back and shot... so disrespectful. <br />

For some reason, NESN hires smart-mouth sissies. Boston Bruins have plenty of interesting veterans who could broadcast, but they hire Dale Arnold and Jack Edwards.

When Phil Rizzuto first started radio broadcasts for the Yankees, he did some pretty funny things. He'd get excited and start hollering "Look at that, look at that!". I'd look, but all I could see was the radio.