LAVY DONE THIS WEEKEND

Guest ruxpin

Okay, so I was looking at Tim Panaccio's account of what Holmgren just said about the Flyers and Lavy.

Is Laviolette on the hot seat?

I don’t think so,” Holmgren replied. “The coaches have done a good job. Right now, our team needs to play better. We’re making a lot of mistakes. A lot from our lack of competitiveness. Our team needs to compete better. I don't like the way we're playing right now, but I don't necessarily blame that on the coach.”

Asked if the Flyers continue to lose games in the manner they have, would he revisit thinking of making a coaching change, Holmgren replied, “I haven't even thought about it. You guys keep asking these questions about the coach and it hasn't even entered my mind."

I give you Panaccio's account of what Holmgren said on December 1, 2009--three days before firing John Stevens:

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren expressed concern Tuesday over the club's play, but said there is no panic within the organization and he doesn't foresee major changes to either the roster or coaching staff.

The Flyers have lost five of six games, fallen to 9th overall in the Eastern Conference, and are 11 points behind the Atlantic Division-leader Pittsburgh.

"The results can get better," Holmgren said. "For the most part, we've played decent in games, but I think we can play better to get positive results. Over the course of 23-24 games, we've taken turns being good in certain areas and not so in other areas. We have to put our game together and be consistent."

http://www.necn.com/pages/landing_secretlife?blockID=97591&tagID=581

I'm telling you, Lavy is toast.

• Like 1

Nothing against lavi, but it has to be done... i'd feel differently if he'd at least TRIED to modify things for this shambles of a d-corps, but he hasn't. He has tried to fit this square peg in a round hole all year long.

Taking amazing timeouts won't save him this time :-)

Unfortunately, unless Lavi goes postal and shoots Bryz, Briere, AND homer, than this is just one small step in a possibly right direction.

"IF" Lavi does get the axe...he will be the fall guy. Granted he should try everything possiblem, but he only has so much to work with. Homer created this mess. Especially the defense that is currently on this team. Homer needs to go as much as anybody. Sadly as someone else posted, Ed has the good ol boys from yesteryear and Lavi is not part of that club and therefore the odd man out.

For the record, I do not see them winning tonight. Gonna be a long 20 games to go......Top 5 pick here we come.........

• Like 1

Let me pretense that I was wrong when Stevens was fired.

But. Why is Laviolette expected to win with a team that was SO POORLY CONSTRUCTED this summer by Holmgren?

not to mention that the Phantoms are tied for last place.

FIRE HOLMGREN NOW

• Like 3

'tain't gonna happen, rux.

Odd year - goalie.

Now, once they buy out Bryz and sign Khabibulin to a nine-year, $110M NMC contract it will be...

Even year - coach.

Last year was goalie. This year is coach.

@JackStraw Wow, what a beautiful pic/bridge, would be really fun to drive over that sucker.

When I lived in DC I used to drive over it a lot going to the Delaware shore. To be honest, it was always kind of scary. Kept thinking that one of these days it's going to collapse under me. I was always happy to get to the other side.

• Like 1

When I lived in DC I used to drive over it a lot going to the Delaware shore. To be honest, it was always kind of scary. Kept thinking that one of these days it's going to collapse under me. I was always happy to get to the other side.

Exactly the way I alwaysfelt.

@pilldoc I was stationed in Norfolk for 4 years, so I would drive that bridge monthly on visits home. It was great when I left because I felt like I was officially on my way once I got to the end. But coming home, at the end of a 5 hour drive, the bridge/tunnel sucked!

I also drove the Chesapeake Bay Bridge a lot during college. Maybe I need to get away from places with long bridges!

@Navyhockey

I lived in Va Bch from 97-04. My parents still lived in allenown,pa....so yeah i used to travel that bridge all the time because going up the eastern shore was easier than I-95. I used to work at the walgreens on East Little Creek Rd in Norfolk. One of the few bridges i still get nervous driving over and i must have done it hundreds of times.! the worst was driving over it when a tropical storm hit. with the winds blowing at 55+ mph..it was not a very pleasant experience...

It sucked when 9-11 hit because they closed that bridge, the hampton bridge tunnel and the norfolk downtown tunnel connecting norfolk and portsmouth. scary times for sure. traffic was absolutely horrible that day.........

small world we live in......