LAVY DONE THIS WEEKEND

Guest ruxpin

Okay, so I was looking at Tim Panaccio's account of what Holmgren just said about the Flyers and Lavy.

Is Laviolette on the hot seat?

I don’t think so,” Holmgren replied. “The coaches have done a good job. Right now, our team needs to play better. We’re making a lot of mistakes. A lot from our lack of competitiveness. Our team needs to compete better. I don't like the way we're playing right now, but I don't necessarily blame that on the coach.”

Asked if the Flyers continue to lose games in the manner they have, would he revisit thinking of making a coaching change, Holmgren replied, “I haven't even thought about it. You guys keep asking these questions about the coach and it hasn't even entered my mind."

I give you Panaccio's account of what Holmgren said on December 1, 2009--three days before firing John Stevens:

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren expressed concern Tuesday over the club's play, but said there is no panic within the organization and he doesn't foresee major changes to either the roster or coaching staff.

The Flyers have lost five of six games, fallen to 9th overall in the Eastern Conference, and are 11 points behind the Atlantic Division-leader Pittsburgh.

"The results can get better," Holmgren said. "For the most part, we've played decent in games, but I think we can play better to get positive results. Over the course of 23-24 games, we've taken turns being good in certain areas and not so in other areas. We have to put our game together and be consistent."

http://www.necn.com/pages/landing_secretlife?blockID=97591&tagID=581

I'm telling you, Lavy is toast.

You're a genius. Another Laviolette hater.

"IF" Lavi does get the axe...he will be the fall guy. Granted he should try everything possiblem, but he only has so much to work with. Homer created this mess. Especially the defense that is currently on this team. Homer needs to go as much as anybody. Sadly as someone else posted, Ed has the good ol boys from yesteryear and Lavi is not part of that club and therefore the odd man out.

For the record, I do not see them winning tonight. Gonna be a long 20 games to go......Top 5 pick here we come.........

Hmmm... Looks like Flyers won and they are headed for the playoffs. Turn your rage on Holmgren if you need to... Otherwise shut up. You could be in Florida.

Hmmm... Looks like Flyers won and they are headed for the playoffs. Turn your rage on Holmgren if you need to... Otherwise shut up. You could be in Florida.

Hey chill Bear...I'm not a Lavi hater. No need to get ugly with me. If you reread my post I said Homer was the one that started this mess. Never ever did I day it "was Lavi's fault." I simply said if he did get the axe that he would be the fall guy. I never once said I agree with it. I'm glad they won last night. Bryz stole a game for a change. Happy they won yes...however realistically this team has no chance of going deep into the playoffs. The defense is too suspect and Bryz IMO is not the answer to constantly bail out the "D" (then again there are few netminders that can do that on a consistent basis). IF this team makes the playoffs, then they have no shot of getting better through the draft by ways of drafting one of the top D prospects. IF they make the playoffs, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and eat crow.. No need to get ugly towards me.

You're a genius. Another Laviolette hater.

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or agreement, but for the record, I'm clearly not a Laviolette hater and don't think firing him is the way to go (I have a ton of posts on this board indicating as much). I'm just saying that I expect it at this point. If not now, after the season.

I think the win saves him for this weekend.

Hey chill Bear...I'm not a Lavi hater. No need to get ugly with me. If you reread my post I said Homer was the one that started this mess. Never ever did I day it "was Lavi's fault." I simply said if he did get the axe that he would be the fall guy. I never once said I agree with it. I'm glad they won last night. Bryz stole a game for a change. Happy they won yes...however realistically this team has no chance of going deep into the playoffs. The defense is too suspect and Bryz IMO is not the answer to constantly bail out the "D" (then again there are few netminders that can do that on a consistent basis). IF this team makes the playoffs, then they have no shot of getting better through the draft by ways of drafting one of the top D prospects. IF they make the playoffs, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and eat crow.. No need to get ugly towards me.

Pilldoc:

I was joking around. Sorry, did not mean to offend. ;) I apologize. You are 100% correct in what you say. Like I've been bantering with Howie off and on all week, it is really ownership and GM that need to be in the spotlight more than the coach. The pressure the owner plays to win every year is good and bad. It's the architecture, drafting, development of this orgnaization more than the coaching execution. At least that is what I think. But having said that, what if Holmgren would of got Sutter or Webber, then added a Parise? Or who knows Nash? Then maybe JVR would not have been traded. Lots of what if's. I'll let this season roll as it is. Would rather miss playoffs and get shop at Top 6 D prospects. I know there are a lot of people that want Lavi out but I say not so fast! Let's take a mulligan this year.

BOI

Pilldoc:

I was joking around. Sorry, did not mean to offend. ;) I apologize. You are 100% correct in what you say. Like I've been bantering with Howie off and on all week, it is really ownership and GM that need to be in the spotlight more than the coach. The pressure the owner plays to win every year is good and bad. It's the architecture, drafting, development of this orgnaization more than the coaching execution. At least that is what I think. But having said that, what if Holmgren would of got Sutter or Webber, then added a Parise? Or who knows Nash? Then maybe JVR would not have been traded. Lots of what if's. I'll let this season roll as it is. Would rather miss playoffs and get shop at Top 6 D prospects. I know there are a lot of people that want Lavi out but I say not so fast! Let's take a mulligan this year.

BOI

All is forgiven. No worries. Forums such as these are hard to show emotion. Tough to tell when one is joking and when one is not. Don't worry all is good. :)

Totally agree it is not Lavi's fault. My blame lies squarely on the shoulders of Homer. .......

Totally agree it is not Lavi's fault. My blame lies squarely on the shoulders of Homer. .......

I am not a Homer hater, but I think if anyone needs to be looked at for dismissal, it is him. We have changed coaches so many times over the years. Each coach ran the team with a different philosophy and each coach was unsuccessful in winning a Cup. At some point (I guess it takes 35+ years) you have to hold front office mentality responsible!!!! As fans, we appreciate their passion and desire to win, but their trigger happy response to trade away young kids and draft picks for big name, older, expensive players has not gotten this team a Cup. These big name players should be cornerstones to help solidify a young, talented core. Instead, they always try to build the team with these types of players. I don't even know if you can blame Homer completely, because he is probably just being directed by Snider. Not sure how Homer would be if he had autonomy. The real question is, would the next GM have the ability to run the team without Snider in his ear? I am also far from a Snider hater, because he has such a desire to win and he thinks he is doing the right thing, but the best thing for this team would be for him to stay out of the team building and worry about writing the checks (Isn't that Comcast anyway?)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, unless Lavi goes postal and shoots Bryz, Briere, AND homer, than this is just one small step in a possibly right direction.

In the legal field, i think that would be considered "justifiable homicide"

When I lived in DC I used to drive over it a lot going to the Delaware shore. To be honest, it was always kind of scary. Kept thinking that one of these days it's going to collapse under me. I was always happy to get to the other side.

I always thought i would either drive off the edge or push somebody over the edge... either way, Scary!

All is forgiven. No worries. Forums such as these are hard to show emotion. Tough to tell when one is joking and when one is not. Don't worry all is good. :)

Are you from Oklahoma? Sooners fan? I went to school in Kansas. I am sure we are rivals in some way. Great part of the world. I get back there at least once a year to see friends get grounded again.

Are you from Oklahoma? Sooners fan? I went to school in Kansas. I am sure we are rivals in some way. Great part of the world. I get back there at least once a year to see friends get grounded again.

LOL..sorry Bear no I am from good ol Pennsylvania. I just happened to come across a picture of my screen name and thought it would make a cool avatar picture. I actually went to the Phila. College of Pharmacy and Science. I now live in Lancaster, PA. Sorry to disappoint ya. I was wondering when someone would think that was my actual license plate.

LOL..sorry Bear no I am from good ol Pennsylvania. I just happened to come across a picture of my screen name and thought it would make a cool avatar picture. I actually went to the Phila. College of Pharmacy and Science. I now live in Lancaster, PA. Sorry to disappoint ya. I was wondering when someone would think that was my actual license plate.

Thanks for the update. Good luck. You are in a great field.

@pilldoc " I was wondering when someone would think that was my actual license plate."

Wow, in this day and age, not really the safest thing to do, advertise to every junkie out there that you have access to pills and scrips....not to smart. Who ever owns that real plate, should get'er changed, or end up facing a dangerous person with a gun someday.

@pilldoc " I was wondering when someone would think that was my actual license plate."

Wow, in this day and age, not really the safest thing to do, advertise to every junkie out there that you have access to pills and scrips....not to smart. Who ever owns that real plate, should get'er changed, or end up facing a dangerous person with a gun someday.

funny you should mention that. when i lived in virginia beach almost everyone thought it would be cool to have glamour plates for their vehicles. no way i would ever do that.