Suspension looming for B. Schenn

hf101

I figure Schenn will get as many games as the number of times Chico says "leaves his feet" (with that corny fake agony in his voice when he says "feet").

Anyway I think it's 4 times so yeah, 4 games.

Even though Carter gets nothing for his intentional knee. Awesome consistency. The NHL sucks.

The Flyers have to send in the video of the Carter hit as it was a tripping not a kneeing penalty... and those aren't reviewed automatically. I agree Carter deserves to sit, but if he doesn't you only have your own GM to blame for not sending in the complaint.

Schenn will get one game for wearing an Orange and Black jersey, and three for the hit itself. The kneeing penalty by Carter definitely should've been called. It wouldn't surprise me if got a game anyway for that, but then again he hit a Flyer so the league office will probably give him a bonus check.

@peter puck

@FD19372

The league has a policy on what penalties are automatically reviewed and tripping is not one of them. They do NOT review every penalty and hit of every game. My understanding of the policy is that if there is an incident on the ice that is NOT in the automatic reviews, the offended team can submit a complaint to the league and a review will be performed at that time. If the Flyers don't submit anything to the league, it's on them, not the league. I heard that policy has changed or is supposed to but I've been unable to find much on the topic.

Stupid play by B. Schenn left his feet on the hit on Harrold.....Shanny calling.......ring, ring, ring

2 things I've noticed in that video. 1) Chico is like a bad case of the runs. 2) Schenn hasn't learned a damn thing from his last suspension for leaving his feet, for Zac leaving his feet or whoever leaving their feet. Also in this game the officials need to be reprimanded for a "Boarding" penalty to Rinaldo. This goes back to my hatred of calling penalties on guy's because of the name on the back of the sweater instead of the play. Schenn gets 2 games because Harrold gets right back up

Edited by twpguy

I think he jumped to avoid hitting him knee on knee......that is my story and I am sticking to it. I am getting sick of the fact that hits are being reviewed on on a high speed camera in frame by frame for Shanahan to justify his suspensions yet regardless of the wrong call the other night and the fact that it was an intentional intent to injure play by Carter(A play that obvious should not require a whine from the GM to address) is ignored.

I think it was a hockey hit. Listening to Steve Weeks on the hockey channel and that is exactly what he said. I am fine to see if differently than most here. I will be interested to see what happens as I don't think this is a slam dunk suspension but I've been wrong before.

• Like 1

The Flyers have to send in the video of the Carter hit as it was a tripping not a kneeing penalty... and those aren't reviewed automatically. I agree Carter deserves to sit, but if he doesn't you only have your own GM to blame for not sending in the complaint.

There's no guarantee that he'd get a hearing if they requested one. Schenn's hit was a 2 minute charging. That isn't automatic either right?

Schenn will get a suspension, but this isn't the same thing as the Harry Z hit. Schenn makes contact and then is skates leave the ice after. He leads with his arms out and doesn't target the head. It doesn't even look like a nasty or dangerous hit. Looks like a hockey hit.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway. I'm sure Schenn sits for some games.

I really hate the NHL officiating and discipline.

• Like 1

Regardless of NHL Bias, Shanahan doing a horrible job, etc etc......

Schenn has GOT to stop with those hits.....ESPECIALLY in the 3rd period of a MUST win game tied 1-1 with just under 2 minutes left. I mean COME ON! If I were coach, he'd be sitting next game suspension or not!!!

Sorry but that was a REALLY stupid play by a REALLY young and stupid player.......

• Like 1

MO...he doesn't leave his feet until there is contact, and he didn't blast him in the head-it looks like he gets him in the chest/shoulder. This is different than Harry's hit. I didn't see the 3rd period...did Harold get hurt/leave the game? If he didn't, it will be very interesting to see if there's a suspension, and how long. If he's hurt, Shanny will throw the book at him.

No one likes a snitch.

No one likes a b*tch either so if you're not gonna snitch then you better not b*tch. Lol.

The league has asked all teams to submit complaints on any questionable issues not directly addressed by the mandatory review policy. I don't see where protecting your players is "snitching" when that's the process put into place to do so.

• Like 1

Fact. Why can't the league do its job anyway? Is there no QC for refs and on ice action?

The argument was the amount of time the league would have to invest to review every minute of every game. That's why they have a mandatory list and a supplementary complaint system.

• Like 1

The argument was the amount of time the league would have to invest to review every minute of every game. That's why they have a mandatory list and a supplementary complaint system.

They can't watch their own games??? That should be easy.

I see your point, and I think they should do all of the above to maintain a good product.

Stupid play by B. Schenn left his feet on the hit on Harrold.....Shanny calling.......ring, ring, ring

Hey, HF (and anyone else),

Have you read any of the comments on the video page? The Penn State guy is being fairly nice about it, but insists he didn't leave his feet or target the head. Says to look at 0:40 frame by frame.

I still see him leaving his feet AND targeting the head. Does anyone feel differently this morning?

It seems the league isn't going to pursue it, so am I completely looking at this wrong or do you think it's an even-up for the Carter hit?

• Like 1