Defense Prospects Ranking/Discussion & Mock Drafts

Guest pilldoc

With only about 20 games to go, must of us can agree that it is in the best interest of the Flyers to miss the play offs this year. Most of us can agree that Homer needs to draft a D-man with this years #1 pick. Not taking into account the lottery system for drafting the #1 overall pick, which if the Flyers do get, should be a no brainer in drafting Seth Jones. Right now the Flyers sit at #9 (but they have a couple games in hand). I have listed from another post that I posted the top D-men and possible top 10 Mock. I think we should have one thread dedicated to this topic. not too early to start discussing IMO.

Besides the obvious of Seth Jones, I like (in no particular order):

Darnell Nurse (a puck handling d-man that we need)

Nikita Zadorov ( a possible shut-down d-man, kind of reminds me a bit of Z. Chara)

Shea Theodore

Ryan Pulock ( a heavy shot and a good character guy/locker room guy)

The number is their current projected ranking according to SI.com (of course subject to change)

I listed only the Defensemen, with the notable exception of a goalie at #16.

1. Seth Jones, D, Portland, WHL: His strong finish to the regular season has put distance between him and the others contending for the top spot in June. That’s saying something. (PR: 1)

7. Darnell Nurse, D, Sault Ste. Marie, OHL: Same story with Nurse. His game continued to improve over the last six weeks, but there was no room to move him up. His offensive reads impressed me in two recent viewings moreso than they did earlier in the year. You can see his confidence growing. Huge upside with this kid. (PR: 7)

8. Ryan Pulock: D, Brandon, WHL: His consistency waned a bit down the stretch, but playing through a wrist injury could account for that. Heavy shot and solid passing skills paint him as a future power play QB. Everyone raves about his character. (PR: 8)

16. Zach Fucale, G, Halifax, QMJHL: Sure, he plays behind a powerhouse squad in Halifax, but his 44 wins heading into this weekend (March 16-17) is the most by a Q goalie in 34 years. The kid knows how to come out on top. Talent-wise, I think this is the right slot for Fucale, but with more than a few teams looking for a long-term goalie option, he could go much higher. (PR: 17)

17. Rasmus Ristolainen, D, TPS Turku, FIN: I’m probably going against the grain here on Ristolainen, but nothing I’ve seen or been told has convinced me to move him higher. With two years in the SM-Liiga under his belt and a man-sized body (6-foot-3, 206 pounds), he has an opportunity to make a quick transition to the NHL, but I’m not convinced that he has the tool box to hold all of his tools. A little more edge wouldn’t hurt, either.(PR: 11)

21. Nikita Zadorov, D, London, OHL: I know there are teams who like him a lot better than this, but taking a defensive defenseman too high seems like a mismanagement of an asset. What Zadorov brings is a massive (6-foot-5, 229-pound) frame, a nasty disposition and the potential to become a dominating shutdown presence. (PR: 16)

22. Shea Theodore, D, Seattle, WHL:: Playing on a lousy Thunderbirds squad has allowed Theodore opportunities that wouldn’t have been available to him on a stronger club. All that critical ice time has accelerated his development, moving him into the late-first round mix. The offensive-minded defender needs to sharpen his decision making, but his skating and transition skills help cover the occasional blemish. Scoring 19 goals doesn’t hurt, either. (PR: NR)

23. Josh Morrissey, D, Prince Albert, WHL: Love his offensive potential, but there are questions about his ability to handle physical play after he was manhandled down the stretch. Of course, it’s worth remembering everyone had the same concerns about Cam Fowler a couple of years back. I get the sense he could swing up or down 10 spots. (PR: 12)

26. Robert Hagg, D, MoDo, SWE: Mobile blueliner will make the occasional insane decision with the puck, but that’s the trade-off for his ability to make high-end plays. Has the size (6-foot-2, 204 pounds) that might convince a team to snag him earlier. (PR: 24)

28. Ian McCoshen, D, USNTDP, USHL: Not much I’d change about my previous synopsis: Smart, steady and physical defender who can handle the puck and chew up minutes. (PR: 29)

30. Gustav Olofsson, D, Green Bay, USHL:: Maybe I caught him at his best, but the 6-foot-2, 189-pound blueliner is a player I could see a patient team taking in the first round and slowly nurturing. He skates well and makes good decisions with, and without, the puck. Makes a consistently nice first pass, too. His game screams upside. (PR: NR)

AND HERE IS THE PROJECTED MOCK (of course subject to change)

2013 NHL Mock Draft by Chris Peters

1. Florida Panthers – Seth Jones (WHL) -- D FLA.png

Unlike some other teams that might find themselves at No. 1, this should be an easy decision for Florida. With a stocked crop of forwards in the prospect pipeline, Jones is the cornerstone defenseman around which Dale Tallon can build. He's NHL ready and would bring some much-needed star power to the Panthers. One scout told me that Jones is pulling away from the pack and will be No. 1 on a lot of team's draft boards.

2. Washington Capitals – Nathan MacKinnon (QMJHL) -- C WAS.png

The Caps would probably love to see Jones fall to them, but MacKinnon is a pretty safe pick at No. 2. His elite speed and good all-around game would provide some fairly quick help to a team that has uncharacteristically struggled to score. He has dipped a bit on some draft boards, but MacKinnon is still a special player with clear NHL ability and game-breaking potential.

3. Buffalo Sabres – Jonathan Drouin (QMJHL) -- LW BUF.png

There might be a more pressing organizational need on the blue line for Buffalo, but Drouin is too obvious a choice in this position. Some teams have him ahead of MacKinnon, and I believe Drouin probably has a higher potential. That upside isn't without risk because his size is moderately concerning. But there isn't a player in this draft, or maybe the last who knows how many, who can do what he can with the puck on his stick.

4. Tampa Bay Lightning – Aleksander Barkov (SML) -- C TB.png

Barkov is a do-everything center who has put up some incredible numbers playing in Finland's top pro league this year. His offensive skill, size and immense hockey sense give Barkov a sense of NHL readiness. He might not have the upside of the previous three, but where he is already at is pretty impressive. He's pretty clearly the next best available after “The Big Three.”

5. Colorado Avalanche – Elias Lindholm (SEL) -- C COL.png

A crafty forward who can play center or wing, Lindholm has a lot of tools that make him a good bet to go in the top five. Colorado has a pretty light prospect pipeline, so getting a player with Lindholm's upside and skill could be huge. He's playing very well in Sweden's top pro league and was solid at the World Juniors for Sweden.

6. Calgary Flames – Sean Monahan (OHL) -- C CGY.png

Calgary's failed attempt to sign Ryan O'Reilly might not be all bad. The Flames' struggles could get them in good position to grab a strong two-way center. Monahan fits that bill with a good amount of offense. He played for a poor team this year in the OHL, but he's a two-time 30-goal scorer in the OHL. He has great size and looks like a very safe pick in this range due to his high-end hockey sense.

7. Philadelphia Flyers – Darnell Nurse (OHL) -- D PHI.png

This could be a slight reach of a pick here, but I think Nurse plays the style that the Flyers love. There's a real edge to his game and such a strong defensive presence. He has terrific size and skates well. One NHL scout told me Nurse stands out because he already plays an NHL-style game. He's defense first, but the offensive aspects of his game are starting to show this year, too.

8. Columbus Blue Jackets – Valeri Nichushkin (KHL) -- LW CLB.png

The Blue Jackets have three picks in the first round, and it's such a great year to have them. Nichushkin has made it pretty clear that he wants to play in the NHL, and he should be an easy pick in this range. Nichushkin has incredible size, speed and skill. He has top-six upside and is currently getting challenge in the KHL. This would make for a great first pick of the Jarmo Kekalainen Era.

9. Edmonton Oilers – Nikita Zadorov (OHL) -- D EDM.png

With the cupboard filled with forwards from three straight first-overall picks, the Oilers could look to defense. There's a bevy of good choices, but Nikita Zadorov could be that high-upside rear guard whom Edmonton can help develop into a high-end defensive defenseman. There's still some rawness to the 6-foot-5 blueliner, but he can play mean and has some good mobility.

10. New York Islanders – Rasmus Ristolainen (SML) -- D NYI.png

A solid defensive defenseman with some puck-moving ability, Ristolainen has been playing in the Finnish pros the last two years. While there's some debate on his upside, there's little argument about Ristolainen's ability. He has great awareness and solid mobility to go with NHL-ready size. Ristolainen probably isn't terribly far off from being ready to hop into an NHL lineup.

Edited by pilldoc

I'd love to get Nurse (knowing we won't draft 1st) But what if we draft 2nd, or 3rd, do we reach for necessity? Or take one of the Mooseheads? Barkov, or the big Russian Malkin clone? Then trade one of our glutof forwards for a Dman?

I think Nurse goes top 5. Lindholm lower Nichushkin and Zadorov higher

Edited by flyercanuck

@flyercanuck

I don't know? Good question. Here are the other top prospects excluding the d-men. If we come in at the 2, 3 or 4th spot, I could see Homer drafting the likes of a MacKinnon / Drouin / Barkov then trading say a Coots or Laughton for an NHL ready top d-man. I just think Homer needs to draft a d-man and home grown him here then playing the trading game. Just my 2 cents.

2. Nathan MacKinnon, C, Halifax, QMJHL: He missed 14 games with what was called a “minor” MCL injury, but scored four points in his return to the lineup this past Wednesday. There’s simply no questioning his skill or competitiveness. (PR: 2)

3. Jonathan Drouin, LW, Halifax, QMJHL: There are a few scouts out there who are willing to stake their rep on Drouin being the best player in this class. No doubt he’s the most dynamic and the purest goal scorer. I think he’ll be brilliant, but Jones and MacKinnon provide more overall value. (PR: 3)

4. Aleksander Barkov, F, Tappara, FIN: The 17-year-old finished ninth in scoring (21-27-48 in 53 games) in the defensive-minded Finnish league, but it’s his size (6-foot-2, 205 pounds), hockey sense and competitiveness that have scouts raving. He’s a lock to play in someone’s top six. (PR: 6)

5. Elias Lindholm, C, Brynas, SWE: Elite two-way forward who can play center or the wing. During a late-season viewing, he looked noticeably stronger on the puck, which was one of the only areas of concern scouts expressed earlier in the year. Just don’t buy into the Peter Forsberg comparisons. (PR: 4)

6. Sean Monahan, C, Ottawa, OHL: He dropped a spot, but I think I like him more than I did back in February. His commitment to play through a late-season injury with nothing on the line for his Ottawa 67′s didn’t go unnoticed. The kid is a warrior. (PR: 5)

9. Hunter Shinkaruk, F, Medicine Hat, WHL: I wrote last time that there’s more than a little of Patrick Kane’s flash in his game, and Shinkaruk showed that down the stretch, scoring some timely goals with more than a little flair. He disappears from time to time, but you have to respect his game-breaking potential and work ethic. (PR: 9)

10. Valeri Nichushkin, RW, Chelyabinsk, RUS: I’m not saying I would take the huge (6-foot-4, 200-pound) Russian this high, but I can’t ignore the rising sentiment from the scouting community that he’s a top-10 pick. His performance at the Five Nations tournament generated lots of buzz–he was a load down low, virtually uncontainable–but I remain skeptical about his ability to translate his game to the NHL level. Still, I can’t dismiss his potential. (PR: 17)

11. Anthony Mantha, LW, Val D’Or, QMJHL: Mantha heads into the final weekend as the Q’s leading goal scorer (48). No surprise there. He scores pro-style goals, using his size to get into the greasy areas and a quick release to get the puck away. (PR: 14)

12. Curtis Lazar, C, Edmonton, WHL: He was just starting to get his game back together after a rough start when my previous rankings were produced. Now? He’s in top form, using his speed and vision to put up points while working diligently in his own end. There’s more than a little Mike Fisher in his game. (PR: 21)

13. Valentin Zykov, RW, Baie-Comeau, QMJHL: Just two rookies have hit the 40-goal mark in the Q over the past 10 seasons: Sidney Crosby and Mikhail Grigorenko. Zykov, sitting at 39, could get there this weekend. The 6-foot-1, 215-pound winger has a terrific release. (PR: NR)

14. Max Domi, C, London, OHL: I’m starting to hear whispers suggesting he could drop, but I’m not buying them…yet. The dynamic Domi finished second in the OHL’s Western Conference coaches’ poll in both stickhandling and playmaking. The question is, can he work that same magic along the wall if he’s moved to the wing as a pro? (PR: 13)

15. Adam Erne, RW, Quebec, QMJHL: I wrote last time that a team-imposed suspension for selfish play had no impact on Erne’s standing. Yeah, well, seems like the bloom is off the rose a bit. No one’s arguing about his potential to become a solid power forward, but there’s a sense that others might be safer choices. He could provide great value once he grows up. (PR: 10)

18. Alexander Wennberg, C, Djurgardens, SWE: His finishing touch came along toward the end of the season and so did I. Wennberg’s all-around game makes him a safe bet to play, but his second-half performance makes me feel better about his upside. Projects as a third-line pivot. (PR: NR)

19. Frederik Gauthier, C, Rimouski, QMJHL: Not the same player he was before breaking his jaw. It’s understandable that he’s backed off his physical play, but his all-around effort has dipped as well, especially in the defensive end. Still, his size (6-foot-5, 210 pounds) and raw tools will make someone overlook those concerns. (PR: 15)

20. Ryan Hartman, F, Plymouth, OHL: He’s Ryan Callahan in a smaller, quicker package. Loved how he dropped the mitts in the CHL Top Prospects game with Kerby Rychel. This guy will do anything to help his team win. (PR: 19)

24. Morgan Klimchuk, LW, Regina, WHL: This speedy winger got the green light from the Pats’ coaching staff to be more creative towards the end of the year. Showing off a little flair certainly didn’t hurt his draft stock. Nice acceleration and a quick release set him up to be a scorer at the next level. (PR: 28)

25. Bo Horvat, C, London, OHL: Has really impressed me with his play over the past month. He’s a smart, creative player up front, but it was his relentlessness on defense that won me over. He’s become more important for the Knights as the stakes have been raised. (PR: NR)

27. Kerby Rychel, LW, Windsor, OHL: He started finding the net with more frequency once Alex Khokhlachev returned from Russia. That did nothing to allay my concerns that he’s a player who needs others to make him better. Still, I like him as a solid third-liner who can chip in on the power play. (PR: 26)

29. Nic Petan, C, Portland, WHL: The impact made by undersized forwards like Brendan Gallagher and Cory Conacher this season won’t remove all the concerns about the 5-foot-8, 163-pound Petan, but the lights-out numbers (45 goals and 112 points in 69 games) this kid is producing are tough to ignore. The elusive pivot competes for his ice and reads the play as well as anyone in this draft. He’s still a risk, but at this point, his upside makes him tough to pass up. (PR: NR)

If we end up picking 2-4 what about drafting say Drouin, Barkov or MacKinnon and try trading the rest of our picks this year plus Couturier for the 5th overall and taking Nurse? Nichushkin is really turning heads but we've all seen the disturbing amount of Russians who just don't seem to give a crap once they get paid. If he's the real deal he's certainly got size and skill.

Edited by flyercanuck

If we end up picking 2-4 what about drafting say Drouin, Barkov or MacKinnon and try trading the rest of our picks this year plus Couturier for the 5th overall and taking Nurse?

Doubt it would work, and no anyway.

I'm hoping one defenseman or the goalie might slip to the second round. The Flyers have a chance to get two potentially good defenseman. From rd 1 pk 2-4, I'd entertain sliding back a *few* slots to get more picks either this or next season - and still nab a solid defenseman. Just have to evaluate who the teams might draft.

Now, if their rd 2 pk 2-4 + rd 3 pk 2-4 can get them to rd 1 pk 15-20, moving up maybe 15 slots, that could be interesting.

Whatever happens, I say the Flyers have learned their lesson(s) with this coming draft. That means no off ice red flags like partying or excessive drinking (ie Cousins) and no projecting stardom for playes that have skating problems (Couts). Not trying to throw these guys under the bus, but here we have an obvious great talent in the OHL in Cousins who may never play an NHL game. The courts and the lawyers will now decide his fate, which has to be super frustrating for the Flyers.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/show

Just to fill in a few blanks with the OHL leading scorers, the guy in first Sarault was undrafted and just signed a FA deal with the Ducks. Considering how our prospect depth at forward looks, don't know why the Flyers were not in on him. The guy in 4th, both fc and I have seen him, is little Eric Locke. Loved his game from the moment I saw him as a rookie, but we traded him to Barrie, who then dealt him to Saginaw. Too small, but a tremendous skill set.....don't think it translates well to the NHL though.....but worth a late flyer maybe.

Not getting down on Couts, I love a lot of things about him, but the reason he slipped into #8 for us to snag him up was his skating. The scouts are being proven right here. Looking more and more like a catastrophic mistake, passing up on the franchise d man Hamilton for Couts. It's still early, but the difference of seeing Hamilton play in all situations with relative ease, and Couts being limited by skating....they are severe and stick out like a sore thumb. Let's just hope they have learned thier lessons.

I really don't even know if they could have done anything different with Cousins. Where they selected him, maybe you draft him anyways, risk and all, becasue of where they were picking and his upside. Just think they will tighten the belt going forward and be a little more strict with potential off ice problems and red flags etc.

@Jammmer

Couts had an amazing rookie season, shutdown malkin in the playoffs, etc etc...and now he all of a sudden has skating problems? His skating didn't seem to be an issue in his rookie season. Maybe the reason for his "stalling" is that the whole team around him has problems, sophmore slump, shortened season, increased expectations WAY WAY too soon. The guy went from playing on the penalty kill and centering the fourth line to being expected to take a big step up and contribute offensively as well.

Sure the guy is not the perfect skater, but he is good enough to shutdown malkin in the playoffs and good enough to be considered a top ten draft pick, that makes him good enough at skating in my book. I believe the reason for him dropping to us at 8, was due to the mono bit but more so because his skating was/is/will never be good enough to be an elite offensive forward that produces a ton. Instead scouts probably projected him to be an elite defensive forward and putting up points in the nhl would be a bonus but never reach elite/top end level.

The flyers must have thought they were getting the whole package with couts when they drafted him (defense and scoring), otherwise they wouldn't have passed up on Hamilton.

But, that draft is looking like it is going to haunt us for many many many years!

Couts will be a very good defensive player in the NHL and contribute offensively at time, but never be counted on for offense. That part I agree with you, his skating will never be good enough for the elite offense part.

@ctid

I think Homer passed on Hamilton for 2 reasons. One was nobody thought Couturier was going to fall to 8th. And the other was he was probably gunshy because of the horrible track record the franchise has in developing Dmen. He probably thought Couturier was the safer bet of the two.

@ctid " I believe the reason for him dropping to us at 8, was due to the mono bit but more so because his skating was/is/will never be good enough to be an elite offensive forward that produces a ton. Instead scouts probably projected him to be an elite defensive forward and putting up points in the nhl would be a bonus but never reach elite/top end level."

If that is the case, (which I believe it to be), the Flyers messed up big time. You don't pass on a talent like Hamilton, who can play in all situations, including top pp, top pk, etc to draft a defensive forward. I believe the Flyers thought the knock on his skating was over hyped and he could make up for it with elite positioning and smarts.....so far, that does not seem to be the case. Skating is essential, a no brainer when selecting a top 10 draft pick....so the Flyers look like they have broken one of the golden rules when it comes to drafting, and will pay for years to come....watching Hamilton tear up the league for decades to come will be the punishment. In many ways, this alone should cost Homer his job.

@jammer2

completely agree. I get this bad taste in my mouth whenever I think that we passed up the chance of having D. Hamilton and J.Carlson in the system. I really like Couts but we have to accept what type of player he is and more importantly what type of player he won't become. But as you said, if that is the case, Flyers messed up big time by no taking Dougie.

On a side note, I really like L. Schenn and believe he will flourish here.

• Like 1

@flyercanuck

yup I definitely agree with that as well. Which scares the heck outta me this coming draft, I totally see the flyers draft another center instead of a D-man with their first pick. We probably end up with a Sean Monahan instead of a Purse.

@flyercanuck

yup I definitely agree with that as well. Which scares the heck outta me this coming draft, I totally see the flyers draft another center instead of a D-man with their first pick. We probably end up with a Sean Monahan instead of a Purse.

and if that happens...i will be hunting him down...........

Well, I've already made my thoughts on this pretty clear in another thread but since this is where the party is I'll join in. I want (1) Jones or (2) Nurse. I would settle for Ristolainen or Pulock.

My feeling is that it is going to be hard to trade for a real, young franchise d-man. Teams just don't trade those guys. You may be able to get a Del Zotto or a Begosian, but even that seems like a stretch and would probably be costly (in assets going the other way, and in salary cap space). If we were going to trade Couturier I'd rather trade him for Jones, if possible.

Nurse is becoming more interesting because it seems like he has shot up in the past year. I think I saw him around 15 or so a while back, now ISS has him at #5. Apparently he has made humungous big strides in his offensive game, which was seen as the main area he needed to develop. If the Flyers are out of the Seth Jones sweepstakes (and Jones stock seems to have continued to rise this year, which is impressive in itself) then Nurse would be my target.

"MHH" (Make it Happen Homer)

Here are the ISS rankings:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/86287/2013-iss-draft-rankings-status-quo-as-seth-jones-leads-unchanged-top-five/

While the previous two months of International Scouting Services' 2013 NHL Draft rankings featured some significant change at the top of the ranks, the March edition instead looks a good bit like the February rankings.

For starters, the same 15 players that populated the top 15 slots in February remain in the top 15 this time around. In terms of the order of those 15 players, very little has changed from last month other than a handful of players flipping places. There is no change in the order of the top five players.

For the third consecutive month, Portland Winterhawks defenseman Seth Jones holds down the top spot in the ISS rankings. Sitting in second for the second consecutive month is Russian forward Valery Nichushkin. The two Halifax Mooseheads' forwards, Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin, hold the third and fourth slots while Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds' defender Darnell Nurse hangs onto the fifth position.

In the lower reaches of the top 30, Ryan Hartman, Anthony Mantha and Ian McCoshen moved into the first round grouping after being on the outside in February. Sliding into the 31-60 group were Adam Erne, Artturi Lehkonen and Keaton Thompson. Lehkonen suffered his second concussion of the season which, given his small size, may cause some concerns over his durability.

The same five goaltenders held the top spots in the rankings for that position, with the only change being a flip in positions for Tristan Jarry and Eric Comrie.

Although playoff competition could alter the rankings somewhat in April, the greatest change isn't likely to happen until the May rankings, after the 2013 U-18 World Junior Championship wrap up in late April.

Here, then, is the top 30 skaters for the 2013 NHL Draft as ranked by ISS.

RankNamePositionBDShotHWTeamLeagueFeb. Rank
1Seth JonesD10/03/94R6.03.5208PortlandWHL1
2Valeri NichushkinC03/04/95L6.04196ChelyabinskRusS2
3Nathan MacKinnonC09/01/95R6.00182HalifaxQMJHL3
4Jonathan DrouinLW03/27/95L5.10.75185HalifaxQMJHL4
5Darnell NurseD02/04/95L6.03.5189Sault Ste. MarieOHL5
6Aleksandr BarkovF09/02/95L6.02205TapparaFinE7
7Nikita ZadorovD 04/15/95L 6.05.25230LondonOHL6
8Elias LindholmC12/02/94R5.11.75181BrynasSweE9
9 Sean MonahanC 10/12/94L 6.02186OttawaOHL8
10Rasmus RistolainenD10/27/94R6.04207TPS TurkuFinE10
11Curtis LazarC02/02/95R5.11.75193EdmontonWHL11
12Ryan PulockD10/06/94R6.00.5211BrandonWHL12
13Hunter ShinkarukC10/13/94L5.11175Medicine HatWHL13
14Jason DickinsonLW07/04/95L6.01.25179GuelphOHL14
15Valentin ZykovRW05/15/95R6.00210Baie-ComeauQMJHL15
16Kerby RychelLW10/07/94L6.01200WindsorOHL19
17 Andre BurakowskyLW 02/09/95L 6.01.5176MalmoSweAl16
18Alexander WennbergC09/22/94L6.01.5174DjurgardenSweJE18
19Josh MorrisseyD03/29/95L5.11.75182Prince AlbertWHL17
20Frederik GauthierC04/26/95L6.05210RimouskiQMJHL21
21JT CompherC04/08/95R5.10.5184USA Under-18NTDP25
22Steve SantiniD 03/07/95R 6.01.5207 USA Under-18NTDP20
23Robert HaggD 02/08/95L 6.02.25204ModoSweJE22
24Bo HorvatC04/05/95L6.00.25200LondonOHL23
25Madison BoweyD04/22/95R6.00.75200KelownaWHL24
26Ryan HartmanRW09/20/94R5.11187PlymouthOHL32
27Anthony ManthaLW09/16/94L6.04190Val d'OrQMJHL33
28Max DomiC03/02/95L5.09.25193LondonOHL28
29Nic PetanC03/22/95L5.08.5163PortlandWHL29
30Ian McCoshenD08/05/95L6.03205WaterlooUSHL39

The top five goaltenders for March according to ISS are the following:

RankNameRnd.BDS/CHWTeamLeagueFeb. Rank
1Zachary Fucale1st05/28/95L6.01.25181HalifaxQMJHL1
2Martin Spencer2nd06/08/95L6.02.25192MississaugaOHL2
3Tristan Jarry2nd04/29/95L6.01.5178EdmontonWHL4
4Eric Comrie2nd 07/06/95L 6.00.75167Tri-CityWHL3
5Eamon MacAdam2nd09/24/94L6.02185WaterlooUSHL5

Edited by JackStraw

From McKeen's:

RANK

LAST

PLAYER

POS

HT/WT

BORN

TM (LG)

GP-G-A-PTS

Seth Jones

D

6-3/205

10-3-1994

Portland (WHL)

55-10-38-48

Jonathan Drouin

LW

5-11/185

3-28-1995

Halifax (QMJHL)

43-37-57-94

Nathan MacKinnon

C

6-0/180

9-1-1995

Halifax (QMJHL)

41-28-41-69

Elias Lindholm

C

6-0/190

12-2-1994

Brynas (Swe)

48-11-19-30

Aleksander Barkov

C

6-2/210

9-2-1995

Tappara (Fin)

49-21-25-46

Ryan Pulock

D

6-0/210

10-6-1994

Brandon (WHL)

53-14-29-43

Sean Monahan

C

6-2/190

10-12-1994

Ottawa (OHL)

50-26-43-69

Valeri Nichushkin

RW

6-4/195

3-4-1995

Traktor (KHL)

18-4-2-6

Darnell Nurse

D

6-3/190

2-4-1995

Sault Ste Marie (OHL)

60-11-25-36

Adam Erne

LW

6-1/195

4-20-1995

Quebec (QMJHL)

60-25-41-66

Rasmus Ristolainen

D

6-3/205

10-27-1994

TPS Turku (Fin)

47-2-11-13

Valentin Zykov

LW

6-0/210

5-15-1995

Baie-Comeau (QMJHL)

59-35-34-69

Anthony Mantha

RW

6-4/200

9-16-1994

Val d’Or (QMJHL)

60-45-37-82

Hunter Shinkaruk

LW

5-10/180

10-13-1994

Medicine Hat (WHL)

57-32-41-73

Mirco Mueller

D

6-3/185

3-21-1995

Everett (WHL)

54-6-19-25

Robert Hagg

D

6-2/200

2-8-1995

MoDo (Swe)

25-0-1-1

Nikita Zadorov

D

6-5/230

4-15-1995

London (OHL)

54-5-17-22

Alexander Wennberg

C

6-1/190

9-22-1994

Djurgardens (Swe 2)

45-14-17-31

Frederik Gauthier

C

6-5/210

4-26-1995

Rimouski (QMJHL)

55-19-37-56

Bo Horvat

C

6-0/200

4-5-1995

London (OHL)

59-28-27-55

Max Domi

C

5-9/195

3-2-1995

London (OHL)

56-35-40-75

Andre Burakowsky

LW

6-1/180

2-9-1995

Malmo (Swe 2)

42-4-7-11

Josh Morrissey

D

6-0/185

3-28-1995

Prince Albert (WHL)

62-15-28-43

Kerby Rychel

LW

6-1/200

10-7-1994

Windsor (OHL)

60-35-42-77

Curtis Lazar

C

6-0/195

2-2-1995

Edmonton (WHL)

65-34-18-52

Zachary Fucale

G

6-1/180

5-28-1995

Halifax (QMJHL)

39-5-2, 2.39

Linus Arnesson

D

6-1/190

9-21-1994

Djurgardens (Swe 2)

30-0-1-1

Eric Comrie

G

6-1/170

7-6-1995

Tri-City (WHL)

20-14-3, 2.62

Ryan Hartman

C

5-11/185

9-20-1994

Plymouth (OHL)

51-23-34-57

NR

Chris Bigras

D

6-0/190

2-22-1995

Owen Sound (OHL)

59-6-25-31

* Goalies (W-L-T, GA)

@JackStraw

Great Chart! thanks for putting the work into it! Interesting to note that the 2nd list you have hey Pulock rated higher than Nurse. Although Zadorov co.uld be a shut down d-man. looks like he has the size to be another Z. Chara type player.