Talbot to Pittsburgh?

Ok the link is Eklund.....

In the "I have to report it because I heard it, but I can't imagine these teams dealing with one another" department I am hearing the Penguins have interest in re-acquiring Max Talbot...I know for fact the Pens hated losing him as a UFA...but still...the Flyers helping out the Penguins?

I wouldn't mind a trade as long as Gervais goes also. Talbot hasn't played up to the same level he did last season.

But what would be Pittsburgh be able to trade in return?

I wouldn't mind a trade as long as Gervais goes also. Talbot hasn't played up to the same level he did last season.

You can keep paying half is way overpaid paycheck. I like Max but I don't want him back at that price. It's kind of like your girlfriend leaves you, gets hepatitis, then wanting her back... No thanks!

Is the hepatitis the salary or the orange? ;). Lol

• Like 1

i'm reporting you for quoting ecklund O_o

Well i wouldn't trade him back to the Pens that is for sure...this team needs Talbot yes he has struggled at times(show me someone on this team who hasn't) yet remember he wasn't brought here to score goals...

...i'd be content to ride this season out and not do nothing crazy...

...guys i'd be ok with removing from this roster are as followed...Gervais, Knuble, Foster, Lilja (whom is in the AHL) and Shelley whom is on LTIR i think...

....other than that just ride it out and retool in the offseason.

Also i would pencil in Laughton and Cousins for next year. :PHI:

He's probably not worth more than a mid-round pick at this point (don't worry - not a 2nd). That said...I agree w/ Polaris. Not at his current cap hit. (or length of the contract). That's a pre-lockout 4th line deal.

That said, it would be one helluva welcome back for his first home game.

That's a pre-lockout 4th line deal.

1.75 mill for a guy that can play anywhere in your bottom six isn't that bad of a deal...and in a pinch if needed could move up to at least 2nd line minutes...yes i believe injuries need to occur if that happened...but i'm ok with the money many more worse deals on this team than Talbots.

Edit: And only 600K more than Tanner Glass...now you wan to talk about garbage...

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

1.75 mill for a guy that can play anywhere in your bottom six isn't that bad of a deal...and in a pinch if needed could move up to at least 2nd line minutes...yes i believe injuries need to occur if that happened...but i'm ok with the money many more worse deals on this team than Talbots.

Edit: And only 600K more than Tanner Glass...now you wan to talk about garbage...

Yes - "Only" $600,000 more than glass...or 1/3 more. Semantics but that's a lot in 3rd/4th line world where you are working with smaller numbers.

Plus, on the Pens he's "bottom 3"- not "bottom 6". I'd love it for the nostalgia but nostalgia doesn't win Cups.

Keep him.

• Like 1

We will he is useful here...you guys keep Glass...zero points in 30 games and -8 he's worth every dollar!!!!

Glass is an Asham... He brings sand not scoring. I'm not against him for never scoring. I'm against him for stupid penalties and no defense. As much as I want him gone, he's nowhere near as overpaid as Talbot. I like Max and I wouldn't mind the nostalgia as @B21 said, but not at that price. He'd be fourth line here and that's Holmgren money for that level.

We will he is useful here...you guys keep Glass...zero points in 30 games and -8 he's worth every dollar!!!!

Yeah - at 22-8 he's really killing us. ;)

I like Max...just not at that price for that many more years.

• Like 1

That he is not...Asham had some offensive ability...Glass zero....

Offensive ability? 11 points two years ago... 16 last year... That's your idea of offensive ability? Lets face it... These two aren't expected to score, you just hope they don't get scored against!

Offensive ability? 11 points two years ago... 16 last year... That's your idea of offensive ability? Lets face it... These two aren't expected to score, you just hope they don't get scored against!

Compared to zero? I mean zero points in 31 games is pretty hard to do. Bryzgalov has 3 points and he can barely skate or pass.

LMAO!! and what reason could you possibly have for turning down such a lucrative trade...... :o Not that I would personally want Neal either........

:lol:

Wait, you may have actually been serious.

Humm, well at the top of the list would be the $6.5M salary cap hit that would come from soft playing Danny Briere. The contract was riduculus when he signed it, its an albatros now for anyone with money to spend to the cap. One great year, got paid for it.

Second would be a 40 year old Knuble, not bad for our fourth line, but thats it. Will retire after the year(if he already hasn't).

Max? Thanks for the memories Max, glad you found someone to pay you that money, got enough grinders.

Great if your the Flyers, but please explain to me how trading Neal, a perenial 40 goal scorer on this team, for an overpaid center(is DB even considered your 2nd line center anymore), a soon to be retired Knuble and a servicable grinder, is going to help the Penguins get better.

Compared to zero? I mean zero points in 31 games is pretty hard to do. Bryzgalov has 3 points and he can barely skate or pass.

My point remains neither of these are players you hunt down to sign. The grit guys at this level are dime a dozen. I'd dump Glass in a heartbeat. I used to talk to Asham at the Bottleshop here... Super nice guy but just as expendable.

:lol:

Humm, well at the top of the list would be the $6.5M salary cap hit that would come from soft playing Danny Briere. The contract was riduculus when he signed it, its an albatros now for anyone with money to spend to the cap. One great year, got paid for it.

Second would be a 40 year old Knuble, not bad for our fourth line, but thats it. Will retire after the year(if he already hasn't).

Max? Thanks for the memories Max, glad you found someone to pay you that money, got enough grinders.

Great if your the Flyers, but please explain to me how trading Neal, a perenial 40 goal scorer on this team, for an overpaid center(is DB even considered your 2nd line center anymore), a soon to be retired Knuble and a servicable grinder, is going to help the Penguins get better.

By perennial do you mean he hit exactly 40 once and has never been close to 40 any other time in his career?

Oh, sorry forgot to italicize and bold the remark. Neal is just fine on your team. If the Flyers are moving anybody, it is going to be for defensive help.The remark was intended to be facetious. It made about as much sense as trading Jody Shelley and Andreas Lilja straight up for Parise and Suter......

Please note the use of Bold and Italics........