Ducks sign Corey Perry to 8 year contract

hf101

The Anaheim Ducks have signed Corey Perry to an eight-year contract extension worth a total of $69 million.

The deal, as reported by TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun, carries an average annual value of $8.625 million.

A lot of money, but it makes sense as Getzlaf also just signed an 8yr contract.

A lot of money, but it makes sense as Getzlaf also just signed an 8yr contract.

Very cool! (You beat me to it!)

And not much more $ than what Getzlaf signed for - very team-friendly of Perry, IMO.

Great news for the Ducks.

And Emerson Etem finally scored his first (of many) NHL goal.

And the Ducks won their 12th straight at home.

@AndyS I've seen Etem play a few game now, he looks like the real deal....very creative, tough and a great skater!

And I think he makes Bobby Ryan expendable this offseason. (I'd rather see Ryan stay in Anaheim, but would be happy to see him traded to the Flyers.)

Selannes comments on signing Getzlaf and Perry : LOL

On possible distractions with the Getzlaf and Perry contract talks: “Everybody is happy it’s done, but it didn’t bother us at all. We were just focused on our game. But those two signings are huge commitments, and they’re a sign for the organization and the fans and the team that we want to win here. When you lock your players to long-term deals, that’s what gives the foundation for this franchise. That’s great news.

“If they can play eight more years, I can too. I’m in better shape than they are.”

“If they can play eight more years, I can too. I’m in better shape than they are.”

haha, awesome. I wish more of the +35 year players would continue sign the 1yr deals that are team friendly.