Foster & Gervais Have We Seen Enough ?

Guest mojo1917

So, I'd say the Kurtis Foster, Bruno Gervais experiment has reached its conclusion and we know the results.

What about bringing Gustafsson , Manning; and **** I don't know that Laridsen guy from the phantoms, see what's shaking , they could not be worse than Mr Pressbox and -12.

let these guys play in the NHL get some experience, will they be worse than what we're seeing from # 3 and #27 ? i cannot imagine that to be the case, but if it is then all the better to acquiring the coveted top draft pick. it's not tanking it's "evaluating prospects at the highest level".

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

These had no business to been signed in the first place. They are both atroceous. These two acquisitions alone are enough ground to put Homer under thegigantic microscope. This really was a joke of a signing and an insult to the fans.

Foster was little more than a stop gap because of Meszaros.

Gervais is Talbot's buddy.

Neither of them should be seeing any significant ice time.

I would be playing Gus or MAB or a traffic cone with an attitude over either of them.

I've seen enough for sure. I never really took Foster serious. They needed something and something he is. They knew they wanted to address the size issue and he at least had that.

Gervais I do believe was an experiment, maybe hoping a new team would allow him to take a step forward. Again, I don't think they were in love with him but they needed to address the D issue and unfortunately Forster and Gervais was they best they could do. At least we can't fault them for not going after the big names though right?

This team isn't going to as @radoran says "win the cup; to have a chance to win the cup" 16 and 2 just isn't going to happen.

I'd say the season is effectively shot in the face 51 million times @aziz all rights reserved So why not start the purge.

Rusty, Gervais , Knuble, Foster, Briere all can ride the bus or sit next to Paul for the remainder of the season and are welcome to leave at it's conclusion, heck i'm even thinking Mezaros can sit just to we can see how he plays when he's actually healthy, who knows if that will happen while he's a Flyer.

Leave the young ones in the AHL, where they will get some PP and PK time. Ice time is important for development, and it's not like they're forcing Homer's hand with their lights out play in the minors either...

The part that irks me is I kinda get the feeling that if Gervais was not Talbot's buddy, he would not be a Flyer......this is how we make important decisons now, based on the buddy system? It's one thing to vouch for a players commitment and value to the locker room, but we are talking about a guy who was healthy scratch 30+ times for the lowly Islanders.....how did anyone think this would work. This is the kinda stuff Homer should get fired for.....totally unacceptable. This guy could not add a quality 5-6 d man if his life depended on it....and where do the Flyers pro scouts fall on this? Did they reccomend him?? was their advice ignored??? Inquiring minds wanna know.....

@doom88

in the case of Gustafsson, i don't know if he's gaining anything from being in the A playing with lesser talent, he played well in the bigs last season in his call up. If he's healthy , and that's the caveat, why not bring him back to the Flyers so he can gain some confidence at this level, he was injured and then lost is kefir, mojo whatever you call confidence and f-all. Logging some hours with the big club while they play out the season may help him get his confidence back.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I've even seen Foster. Have I seen Foster??? A Bigfoot sighting would be more likely. People have seen the Loch Ness Monster more often. I'm convinced Yeti's get more sightings. I think I even saw a Dodo the other day, and I'm pretty sure they're extinct......but I haven't seen a Foster. Unicorns. mermaids, and minotaurs get more coverage. Is this Foster creature even real???