Please tell me this is an April Fool's joke..the Flyers can't be serious..or can they?

Guest pilldoc

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should Flyers re-acquire Jaromir Jagr?

• YES! - Just what the Flyers need
    • NO! - Walk away Homer...walk away
    • MAYBE? -only if the price is right and the Flyers sent Gervais & Foster to Dallas! :)

@jammer2

I don't think Gaustad was worth a first rounder, but I do think he's worth more than Jagr for a playoff run. I do you think you have a point that his being UFA makes him worth a little bit more than if he wasn't, but I bet it's a second rounder OR a prospect plus a 3rd-6th. No way I give up a 1st for a 41 year old who disappeared both this year and last as the season progressed.

I can see where a team that needs an extra complement would over pay. If it means that extra push to have a deep run, maybe offer a prospect and call it a day. But this team [Flyers] do not have a snowball's chance in hell of sniffing the post season let alone the SCF. Why waste any asset in that case?

If Giroux, the rumored 9mm dollar a year man, needs a 41 year old man to find the back of the net, this team has far more problems than I originally thought.

In any case, why give up anything no matter how small for a guy that will play 14 games this season and sign the biggest contract in the off season? I for one did not care that Holmgren did not re-sign him. 4.5mm for a guy that may play 2/3 of a season? And requires 1st line minutes? Sorry pass.

Sorry to be so brash, but if this rumor is true, than the amazing stupidity of this team is making them impossible to back.

Edited by Bertmega
  • Like 1

In any case, why give up anything no matter how small for a guy that will play 14 games this season and sign the biggest contract in the off season?

Exactly. And 14 games to what purpose? Look, I'm sorry to ruin the party but THE FLYERS ARE NOT GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR. It's done. It's over. Stop with the nonsensical deadline deal trade talk. Unless we're selling off fat ass[ets], there's not any point to it and is actually counterproductive. I don't care if they trade Gervais for Jesus Christ. It ain't happening. Can we stop inhaling pop rocks and deal in reality?

• Like 1

Bill Meltzer pretty much somes up my thoughts on this one

"Meltzer's Musings: No Need for Rentals This Year"

Except I would say absolutely no point whatsoever in rentals rather than no need...!

With regard to Jagr, if he was available at the right price in the summer then maybe I give him a shot but not otherwise.

In all seriousness... if the Flyer's actually acquire ANY players before the deadline, NOT part of dumping and rebuilding, then I've really lost the plot of this entire organization's thinking. We are NOT making the playoffs and the ONLY sensible course of action is to try to fleece other teams who might want some playoff run assets and get whatever we can.

Draft picks and dumping salary should be a priority.

Exactly. And 14 games to what purpose? Look, I'm sorry to ruin the party but THE FLYERS ARE NOT GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR. It's done. It's over. Stop with the nonsensical deadline deal trade talk. Unless we're selling off fat ass[ets], there's not any point to it and is actually counterproductive. I don't care if they trade Gervais for Jesus Christ. It ain't happening. Can we stop inhaling pop rocks and deal in reality?

Rux, most Flyers fans realize that the Flyers aren't going to make the playoffs and if by some freakin miracle they do then it shows you how weak the Eastern Conference truly is. I'm hoping they go the other way and finish near or at the bottom like they did in 2007. Trade Briere and if he doesn't want to waive his no-trade clause then buy him out in the summer and use the cap hit somewhere else, get rid of any dead wood for picks if possible and move on. Right now this team is unbearable to watch.

• Like 2

Probably not a good idea. Several upper body injuries and he skates like he has a board up his ass.

OH man THAT is absolutely the funnisetfkncommnet I've EVER read on ANY message board. Thank you RUX!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

The lack of Jagr isn't the problem.

Get him. Don't Get Him.

It won't change much either way.

We need better movement and sharper passing from the Defense inside our own circles to start the transition.

Better positioning from our forwards in the same instance would help.

The attack is ALWAYS coming from low percentage areas without numbers and without speed and totally checked.

Jagr isn't going to fix that.

• Like 3

Ummm. If these rumors have any substance, my only question is Holmgren drinking again? WTF??????? This would be beyond stupid.

How about not letting Jagr walk at the start of the season instead of trying to chase Parise? What possible good will come from signing Jagr NOW... at THIS point in the season?

The team has multiple fundemental flaws, both structurally and attitude-wise. These flaws are deep and won't be solved this season. Hell, they may not even get solved next season either. How the hell Jagr will fix the existing problems?

This team will not make the playoffs. It's as clear as a daylight. And that's actually not a bad thing. I mean really... it's not.

Edited by Mad Dog
  • Like 1

But this team just might need a guy that can turn water into wine

Well, it is getting close to Easter.

We can roll away the rock from Jagr's locker. If he comes out and sees his shadow, then we'll have six more weeks of missing the play-offs.

Well, it is getting close to Easter.

We can roll away the rock from Jagr's locker. If he comes out and sees his shadow, then we'll have six more weeks of missing the play-offs.

lol...funny post!.....i give it two thumbs up! :)

The attack is ALWAYS coming from low percentage areas without numbers and without speed and totally checked.

this is perfect, succinct, accurate and all those other words synonymous with "true dat"

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not a good idea. Several upper body injuries and he skates like he has a board up his ass.

I saw this before but just had to come back to comment. This is absolutely one of the funniest things I've read on these boards! Thanks for a great laugh! :lol: