Just wow!

AndyS

The Anaheim Ducks are on a roll! Losing 2-1 to Chicago with 5 minutes to go? no problem. They won 4-2! (And Perry wasn't even playing.)

They're looking like they could win the Cup again.

Getzlaf was a beast in the 3rd period. That's why he's their captain.

And Cogliano took a vicious high stick to the face . . .and didn't miss a single shift!

The Ducks are no joke.

P.S. And Patrick Kane is a little punk. First he dives & doesn't get a call, and then gives a cheap shot slash to Koivu.

I'm still in disbelief that the Blackhawks didn't get a penalty called against them for the high stick (should have been a double-minor too - Cogliano was bleeding pretty good), or the blatant slash by Kane on Koivu. Now I really hate Chicago (as if I already didn't before now).

Kane had better keep his head on a swivel next time they play the Ducks. Someone is going to lay him out but good.

The Ducks are the polar opposite of the Flyers - they wear opponents down and get stronger as the game goes on. In the 3rd period they just dominated the Blackhawks.

I was talking to my wife about the job Boudreau has done with the Ducks. EVERYONE picked them along with the jackets to be out of the playoffs, said no depth and Getzlaf and Perry would be traded before the deadline. Bruce has gotten production out of career minor leaguers and Europeans such as Fasth and Maroon come to mind, has retreads like Souray, Cogliano Winnick and Beachemin playing out of their minds. Good luck the rest of the year. Except this weekend against my wings, lol.

I was talking to my wife about the job Boudreau has done with the Ducks. EVERYONE picked them along with the jackets to be out of the playoffs, said no depth and Getzlaf and Perry would be traded before the deadline. Bruce has gotten production out of career minor leaguers and Europeans such as Fasth and Maroon come to mind, has retreads like Souray, Cogliano Winnick and Beachemin playing out of their minds. Good luck the rest of the year. Except this weekend against my wings, lol.

Ha!

I'm hoping to take my 4-year-old son to his first ever NHL game this weekend against your Red Wings. :)

The Ducks are absolutely loaded. Their offense rolls out 3 scoring lines and their 4th line even chips in too. And their D & goaltending is pretty solid.

Boudreau was a great hire by them. He has unleashed the offense, while not really giving up that much on D. Scary combination.

• Like 1

It's amazing how good Beauchemin is on the Ducks and how bad he was on the Leafs.

Man, we really are like the Leafs (hangs head in shame)

Well, except for all of those trips to the playoffs, the Finals, etc.

• 1 month later...

It's amazing how good Beauchemin is on the Ducks and how bad he was on the Leafs.

Beauchemin, 32, reportedly played the final month of the regular season and playoffs on the torn ligament, a pretty stunning development given he had one of the finest seasons of his career in 2013.

In the playoffs, Beauchemin upped his time on ice per game to 25:22 — again, on a torn ACL — and tied Ryan Getzlaf for the team scoring lead, with six points.

Just WOW!!!

Don't see that often...

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/20/ducks-beauchemin-undergoes-torn-acl-surgery/

• 4 weeks later...

Still can't believe the Ducks lost to Detroit.

Would have been fun to watch the Ducks play the Kings in the playoffs. Plus the Ducks had Chicago's number this season.

I thought they were going to the Finals for sure.

Now I'm hearing that the Flyers are trading (finally!) for Bobby Ryan!

I thought that was the Devils that wanted to trade for Ryan?

Half the teams in the league would love to add Ryan but the price will be steep for a winger... Still he would really look good wearing the winged wheel.

Half the teams in the league would love to add Ryan but the price will be steep for a winger... Still he would really look good wearing the winged wheel.

Probably true, I actually doubt he will be going anywhere. The Ducks have 19 players signed with over 8.5M in cap space.

A year ago we all saw a big fire sale from the Ducks. Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, they could all be had for a pittance. Two of them now have long term deals with the Ducks. I'm not saying Ryan won't be dealt, but please don't give me the 'born to be a Flyer" bs.

Probably true, I actually doubt he will be going anywhere. The Ducks have 19 players signed with over 8.5M in cap space.

They have been talking about moving him for years. At this point I think he's tired of being in Anaheim & they know it.

Too bad for the Ducks - they really mishandled him, and he's a terrific player. Sincerely hope he comes to the Flyers.

• 1 month later...

The Ducks are no joke.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/report-anaheim-ducks-become-mighty-once-more-part-153827719.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

good read...

In 2006, the Anaheim Mighty Ducks lost their might.

Don't worry. It wasn't an accident. Sold by the Walt Disney Company in 2005, one of the first changes new owner Henry Samueli made was a full rebrand, putting some distance between the club and the near-flawless 1992 film that spawned them, updating the colour scheme and losing the all-important modifier. At the beginning of the 2006-07 season, the Mighty Ducks ended and the Ducks began.

But if the reports are true, in 2013-14, the Ducks' 20th season, the Mighty Ducks will be return, at least for one night.

According to a Ducks' press release, the 20th anniversary season will be commemorated by some nods to history, one of which will be a “Throwback Night” near the start of the 2013-14 regular "season, paying homage to the inaugural 1993-94 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim season." And according to Ducks season ticket-holder Andrew Heidecker, that night will see the return of the Mighty Ducks.

From Icethetics:

I am a season ticket holder for the Anaheim Ducks. During their select-a-seat promotion, they had all the high-ups of the Ducks organization there. I spoke with one of them and he informed me that the Ducks will become Mighty once more during a game in October.

They will revive the 1993 [inaugural] jersey (he was not sure if it would be eggplant or white since home was light colors back then) but he did say that it will be set to the new Reebok Edge jersey and will be available for sale all season long in the Ducks team store.

Currently, the jersey is set to be worn for only one game early in October, but that can be altered to more than one game. Not to sound antsy, but the way he said it, it sounded like there may be more than one "MIGHTY" jersey being produced for wear this season.

More than one game, you say?

It's worth noting that the Ducks and the Kings will be playing an outdoor game at Dodger Stadium on Saturday, January 25. Could the Ducks be Mighty that day as well?

From a marketing perspective. It would make sense, giving the Ducks an opportunity to sport and push both the original white Mighty Ducks jersey and the eggplant one in the same year. You make a better profit that way.

I mean, sure, maybe that's a bit of a money-grab, but hey man, that's just the legacy of the Mighty Ducks.

throw back coming...

@OccamsRazor

It's hard to believe their idea of a "full rebrand" was going from "Mighty Ducks" to "Ducks". No offence to people in Anaheim or Oregon but "Ducks" has to be one of the lamest nicknames going.

Unless of course you have Bryz as your goalie.

When i was in bootcamp way back in 90 i dated a girl from oregon and picked at her about the school mascot's names...the Ducks and Beavers some scary mascots there...she didn't take it well.

Hard to believe with this brand change they couldn't find a better color scheme...brown/gold/orange it don't get uglier than that!!!!!!