How to earn 29 penalty minutes in two seconds

hf101

This almost seems impossible to believe, but it really happened.

Toronto Maple Leafs tough guy Colton Orr was credited with one shift on Thursday night against the Buffalo Sabres that, according to the NHL's game sheet, lasted all of two seconds.

And what did he do with those two seconds of ice time? He recorded 29 penalty minutes.

The official tally: Two minutes for cross-checking Patrick Kaleta, two minutes for instigating, five minutes for fighting, a 10-minute misconduct, and a 10-minute game misconduct.

It was all part this little sideshow act off of a faceoff less than three minutes into the game.

source

lol, "no need to put the net back on it's hinges"

Congrats Orr.... now more than 1000 career penalty minutes. :wacko:

Nothing new here :)

On December 5th in 2009, Philadelphia Flyersgoon Daniel Carcillo sucker punched Matt Bradley of the Washington Capitals with five minutes remaining in the first period and the teams tied 1-1.

Carcillo received 29 minutes in penalties on the play (Bradley drew nothing) with the NHL adding a four game suspension, forcing the Flyer to forgo $43,597 in pay. Washington scored three times on the ensuing 9 minute powerplay and ultimately beat Philadelphia by a score of 8-2.

from http://www.puckreport.com

Edited by krasy

Nothing new here :)

On December 5th in 2009, Philadelphia Flyersgoon Daniel Carcillo sucker punched Matt Bradley of the Washington Capitals with five minutes remaining in the first period and the teams tied 1-1.

Carcillo received 29 minutes in penalties on the play (Bradley drew nothing) with the NHL adding a four game suspension, forcing the Flyer to forgo $43,597 in pay. Washington scored three times on the ensuing 9 minute powerplay and ultimately beat Philadelphia by a score of 8-2.

from http://www.puckreport.com

I remember that incident. Bradley agreed, started to drop his gloves, but Carcillo was faster. Another shinning moment in NHL ref/supplemental consistency.

@doom88

The truth is that Bradley was without the gloves when he felt to the ice. I watches this game on TV and it was the first time when i saw 9 minutes on PP after a fight.

You and me both. One of the worst calls I've ever seen (last 20 years).