How low can we go?

fan4ever

didn't we finish dead last they year we drafted JVR in 2007?

Yes we did. And the lottery system screwed us and Chicago (2nd worst overall) ended up with the #1 overall pick. Pretty cool that the two worst teams met in the SCF two seasons later.

We certainly didn't tank in 2007... but I wouldn't be against some extra 'maintenance' days for Giroux, Voracek, etc. ;)

As long as we don't discuss it over lunch, we're golden!!

BRING ON SETH!

If you keep playing Briere and the Bryzaster, I call "tank". ;)

• Like 1

Look at the Pens. Now they know *how* and *when* to tank!! We should ask them for some pointers... but not at lunch. Maybe a private soiree in Snider's home.

Seriously, I still can't get over our bad luck that we were robbed of 1st overall, and it was in a year with no bona fide superstars. Kane is a top player, but he's no Crosby, Stamkos, etc.

We certainly didn't tank in 2007... but I wouldn't be against some extra 'maintenance' days for Giroux, Voracek, etc. ;)

As long as we don't discuss it over lunch, we're golden!!

BRING ON SETH!

JONESIN' FOR JONES!

Edited by JackStraw
  • Like 1

In keeping with tradition, I see the Flyers dealt away their 2nd round pick that year as well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....it's absolutely mindblowing how little this organization values 2nd round picks. I just don't get it.

If you keep playing Briere and the Bryzaster, I call "tank".

Don't forget Gervais and his outstanding +/- numbers...-12 paired with Briere's -13 and Sievegalov will secure the #1 overall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Also let's put Briere back at center if we are going to do this right, it will free up plenty of skating room at center ice for the other teams forwards and ensure a couple more slashing penalties on Danny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Edited by OccamsRazor

I am falling on the grenade for this year and hoping we suck the rest of the year. We are obviously not winning the Cup this year, and this is a tremendous opportunity to add a stud player to our team. There will be a little asterisk next to this Season in the record books, being the "Strike" Season and I am sure whoever wins will have that win a bit tainted by the strike.

I am here in Halifax watching the Mooseheads every game and watching Drouin and MacKinnon, and if we could get one of these guys, not to mention even Seth Jones, that would be tremendous. Even getting Nichushkin or Barkov would be amazing. I love my Flyers, but I am doing this tough love to benefit the future of my team. :P

• Like 1

@Claude Monet Give us a report Claude!

just a few hints, try to watch his play away from the puck, when he is not in the center of the play.....tendencies like how and when he likes to pinch in/jumps into the rush.....tenacity in his own end...how physically involved he gets in front of his net....mean streak, backwards skating, overall hockey smarts....willingness to fight, protect smaller teammates....

Any info would be helpful....don't think I get the WHL playoffs on my sports package, only the OHL games....

Edited by jammer2