Anyone been to a Phantoms game in Glens Falls?

Samifan

My son and I are going to the Phantoms game this Sunday and I was wondering if anyone has been to a game there. Trying to get a little insight on parking, concessions, nearby restaurants?

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

@EDI-Flyer- Yes I did. My 12 yr old son and I went up for the weekend and had a great time. The Civic Center is an OLD Hockey Barn, one level with a good view from any seat and tickets were cheap! As luck would have it, it was fan appreciation day and my son got to skate with the players after the game. He met Laurdisen, McGinn, Akeson, Boucher and of course Jon Sim! The Phantoms did a good job with alot of fan interaction and stuff also the old town is kind of neat as well. We are going to go back in the Spring before Phantoms relocate back to PA. Check it out if you have a chance. 

@EDI-Flyer

Forgot to mention that since Glens Falls is a small town there are not alot of hotel options. We stayed at the Queensbury Hotel and they offer a package that included room plus tickets. The hotel is about 2 blocks from the arena. If you end up going, let me know what you think.

• 7 months later...

My son and I are going to the Phantoms game this Sunday and I was wondering if anyone has been to a game there. Trying to get a little insight on parking, concessions, nearby restaurants?

Thanks.

Next years lineup....looks awesome where ever they play...

Leier - Laughton - Straka

Goumas - Cousins - Alderson

Noebels - Flanagan - Parks

Goulbourne - Holmstrom - Serratore

Mathers Johnston

Alt - Hagg

Ghost - Ollie

Manning - Konan

Lamarche........... i'd love for them to sign T.J. Brennan a UFA for depth and veteran presence! Unless they sign Larsson.

Stolarz

Heeter

That lineup will get them back to the playoffs!!!!!!! :D

Edited by OccamsRazor

Mathers Johnston

Alt - Hagg

Ghost - Ollie

Manning - Konan

Lamarche........... i'd love for them to sign T.J. Brennan a UFA for depth and veteran presence! Unless they sign Larsson.

Stolarz

Heeter

Well still a solid lineup for next year but it seems Micheal Parks is headed back for his senior year which really isn't a bad thing he can use this to further work on his game. But he really only projects to a bottom 6 guy in the NHL so he may not even make it but with good year he could be signed at the end of next season. Or worse case not even signed at all. Time will tell still a damn good Phantom team on paper for next year.

Mathers Johnston

Alt - Hagg

Ghost - Ollie

Manning - Konan

Stolarz

Heeter

Well still a solid lineup for next year but it seems Micheal Parks is headed back for his senior year which really isn't a bad thing he can use this to further work on his game. But he really only projects to a bottom 6 guy in the NHL so he may not even make it but with good year he could be signed at the end of next season. Or worse case not even signed at all. Time will tell still a damn good Phantom team on paper for next year.

I'm actually kind of torn. On the one hand I would like to see Laughton, Alt, and Lauridsen make the Flyers next year. On the other hand, that could be a pretty good team for the Phantoms. And it would be nice if they start off in that new arena and city with a good team.

I'm actually kind of torn. On the one hand I would like to see Laughton, Alt, and Lauridsen make the Flyers next year. On the other hand, that could be a pretty good team for the Phantoms. And it would be nice if they start off in that new arena and city with a good team.

Yes i agree more development never hurt anyone by the way i just threw this lineup together i really don't know a whole lot what the lines will look like it's as close to what i am familiar with.

The one change i make is Ollie is a RFA and needs to be resigned and i'm not sure of his waiver status.

So with that in mind i expect for him to sign a 1 way deal for 1 or 2 years tops and be penciled into the 6th or 7th spot i think he is pretty much as close as he's gonna get to being ready.

So i wouldn't be shocked for Alt to be returned to the A since he is waiver exempt and Ollie makes the 6th spot at worst in the pressbox as the 7th till needed or he proves he can take and keep the 6th spot. Laughton should start in the A think to.

Something like this:

Streit - Coburn

Kimmo - Schenn

Amac - Ollie

on the Phantoms:

Noebels - Flanagan -  Johnston

Goulbourne - Holmstrom (UFA) - Serratore

Mathers 

Alt - Hagg

Ghost - Manning

Lamarche - Konan

Stolarz/Heeter

This lineup should get them back to the playoffs. If not i will be highly disappointed.

• 2 months later...

Notice it's Leighton on the front page of the website. He's the best alum they could come up with? LOL

Yes i guess that is the best they can do, i would have picked someone who at least helped them win a Championship....like Behold Randy!!!!!!!!!!!!