So Bishop is available?

@albertaflyer Interesting kid this Bishop. Moves well for a big tender. I'd be willing to listen as long as the draft pick is not a 1st or the prospest is just a mid level type. I say a 3rd and our 4th round pick last year Tyler Leier from Portland of the WHL....that sounds about right....not sure if Ottawa would bite, there are a few teams that need tender depth, the Canes for one with Cam Ward out for the year and the Canes still being in the playoff race....theyu might be willing to pay a bit more than us. Although, the tandem of Dan Ellis and Justin Peters seem to be getting the job done, but that can change at the drop of a hat.

Bishops stat line is very respectable this year, considering all the injuries the Sens have dealt with. 10 games played, 25 goals allowed, 2.62 GAA, and a nice .921 save%. With those kinda stats, his size and realtive youth.....I think there asking price is going up. I don't think a first is in play here, but an early second might be in play, and maybe a top tier prospect also....there is just a lot of upside here, Ottawa knows what they have, don't think they will be dumb and fall for anything like my 3rd and Tyler Leier lame assed concoction....ha ha! A 6'7 goalie that can actually move.....wow, but is the same weight as Pekka Rinne (207 lbs) even though Pekka is a full 2 inches shorter...so he must be kinda beanpoleish.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=87909

Edited by jammer2

Every time I hear this rumor, I can't help but think about this conversation. Bishop was playing for Peoria in the AHL (Blues affiliate) 3 yrs ago (09-10) when the Blues had Chris Mason & Ty Conklin as their goalie tandem. I was talking to his team mateTyson Strachan and I said something to the effect of "Bishop is huge! How does anybody get the puck by him?". Strachan's response was "There's a reason why he's in the AHL". Very telling for a team mate to say that.

Every time I hear this rumor, I can't help but think about this conversation. Bishop was playing for Peoria in the AHL (Blues affiliate) 3 yrs ago (09-10) when the Blues had Chris Mason & Ty Conklin as their goalie tandem. I was talking to his team mateTyson Strachan and I said something to the effect of "Bishop is huge! How does anybody get the puck by him?". Strachan's response was "There's a reason why he's in the AHL". Very telling for a team mate to say that.

Yeah, but we don't know circumstances. Maybe he worked on his game and earned his way out of the A. Bishop is still young and has time to improve.

Also, he's not Bryz.

• Like 1

Simple Math; Bishop > Leighton or Boucher!

If they can get him for a draft pick and someone off the Phantoms roster, I say roll the dice. Kid was lights out in the AHL last year so I agree with doom that he has worked on his game. Worth a shot with or without Bryz.

Yeah, but we don't know circumstances. Maybe he worked on his game and earned his way out of the A. Bishop is still young and has time to improve.

Also, he's not Bryz.

It was an injury to Anderson that got him traded to Ottawa. He's a streaky goalie. I don't think Ottawa would have him on the trading block if he was more than that.

Simple Math; Bishop > Leighton or Boucher!

If they can get him for a draft pick and someone off the Phantoms roster, I say roll the dice. Kid was lights out in the AHL last year so I agree with doom that he has worked on his game. Worth a shot with or without Bryz.

Not saying I disagree. I just don't think he'll be anything more than a backup.

It was an injury to Anderson that got him traded to Ottawa. He's a streaky goalie. I don't think Ottawa would have him on the trading block if he was more than that.

He's on the block because of Lehner's play. Ottawa will not give up Lehner so Bishop is the odd man out.

• Like 1

Taking into account how many 2nd rounders actually make a meaningful impact on a roster, I'd be thrilled to shore up the tender postion with a mid level prospect, (doom's offer of Haarry.Z sounded about right) and a 2nd would be perfect. The odds of a 2nd rounder making your team are probably about 10%, having a meaningful impact....then you are probably talking about 2% (rough guesstimate). Don't believe me, go back and look at our second round picks....it's brutal, the no-names, guys we never, ever head from again. Taking this into account, and the fact that Bishop is WAY better than any current goalie we have, it's a no-brainer. Ottawa gave up their own second to get him, so they get a better second round pick AND a Harry.Z or Welly (NOOOOOOO! lol) type, so they make a profit offf thier orginal investment, and we get a *possible* goalie of the future.

Even if he does not turn out to be a stud, he can still be a serviceable back up, or at very worst, a guy who helps the Phantoms win...which is understated, instilling winnning at the AHL level is SUPER important, your prospects get used to winning, and are not depressed with constant losing.

So apparently Bishop in Ottawa ia available and the asking price will be a draft pick and lower prospect. All I can say is the Flyers better make a play for this guy. Young and still cheap.

This is a sellers market right now. All the toys are very expensive. Why not wait until the playoff picture is defined, or even this summer when there might be a bargain or two ou there?

This is a sellers market right now. All the toys are very expensive. Why not wait until the playoff picture is defined, or even this summer when there might be a bargain or two ou there?

I dunno, if the price is not outrageous, I'd rather go after a big 6'7 guy with some nice upside while he is still available. Not fond of the thought of searching for a deal/bargain....been there, done that....horrid results. I pay now, secure the tender I really want and go from there. I'd even do 2 mid level prospects (as long as it does not include Cousins or Ghost) and a 2nd....I'd be fine with that. We need quality goalies with upside for the future, and BIshop fits that description like a glove.

• Like 1

I dunno, if the price is not outrageous, I'd rather go after a big 6'7 guy with some nice upside while he is still available. Not fond of the thought of searching for a deal/bargain....been there, done that....horrid results. I pay now, secure the tender I really want and go from there. I'd even do 2 mid level prospects (as long as it does not include Cousins or Ghost) and a 2nd....I'd be fine with that. We need quality goalies with upside for the future, and BIshop fits that description like a glove.

Might work.