Seth Jones

Claude Monet

Wow :huh: They went into that one waaaaay overconfident. Everitt shouldn't even have been in the same building as them.

Jones would fit right in on the Flyer D :ph34r:

Drouin 6 assists and MacKinnon 2 G 2 A in Mooseheads first playoff game win 11-1 over Saint John Sea Dogs last night.

@Claude Monet Did you happen to notice our 4th rounder from last years draft Tyler Leiers when you were at the game. I know he plays for the Winterhawks also, guess he finished 4th in team scoring and is a bit of an agatator type according to Metzler...would love to get some info on him also.

@TimKerrFan12

Ya, I caught that. I know most people are focussed on Jones here. But if they watched either of these two guys play hockey, they'd be pretty happy to see them in O & B too. We just need some D, that's all.

Big rebound game for Portland last night a 4-1 win to tie the series at 1 game apiece. Jones didn't make the scoresheet.

Edited by flyercanuck

Sorry for the delay but it turned out to be a crazy weekend. The game I went to was a tough one to get a good read on. The Hawks were all over them in the first but Everitt completely shut them down the the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Ok so Seth Jones. Just from standing on the blue line during the anthem, he stands out. The guy certainly has a physical presence. I would say that he has a very good hockey iq. He reads the game very well and takes up A LOT of ice from either already being in a good position or anticipating the play quicker than anyone. One example is Everitt had a mini two on two in the Hawks zone. Seth Jones came out of nowhere ( I think he was along the boards) and broke up a potentially really good scoring chance. He broke up a lot of plays and seriously has a little Lindstrom in him in regard to positional play.

He is REALLY composed on the puck. He is very good at using his body to keep possession of the puck when others would just chip it up the boards. There really is no panic in him which leads to Portland keeping the puck and attacking with speed.

He is a very good skater. Probably even better than Pouliot...which is saying something. I don't really remember he taking too many shots so I can't comment on his shot. All around though the guy deserves the hype. He really does have it all....skill set, brains, skating, athleticism.'

the one thing is that like everyone else on the Hawks......2nd and third periods he was not as effective as in the first. Everitt took him out of the game along with everyone else. (portland's top line was non-existing) I guess it show that Jones is still a prospect that needs to overcome those difficulties.

but damn......he is the best young dman that I have ever watched. He really has it all.

Wow :huh: They went into that one waaaaay overconfident. Everitt shouldn't even have been in the same building as them.

Jones would fit right in on the Flyer D :ph34r:

I wouldn't say they were overconfident. Portland brought it in the first and Everitt's goalie played great and kept it close, 2nd and 3rd periods were a different story. Everitt totally took away the middle of the ice and Portland couldn't break them down. Got to give Everitt credit