The Ducks announcers

yave1964

I have had NHL center ice for as long as it has been around, I truly cannot remember the last time I missed a Wings game on television, I had quadruple bypass several years ago before a playoff game against the Sharks and was coherent enough to watch a few minutes on television that night even to keep my streak alive.

An advantage of center ice is mostly getting the home announcers, about a quarter of the time I wind up with other teams announcers and it makes it a bit of a chore listening to other teams homers call the game.

With last nights Wings/Ducks game on NHL network, I was disappointed to hear the unfamiliar voices of the Duck announcers at first. Slowly they won me over, it was one of the best announced games of the year.

Brian Hayward who used to be Patrick Roys caddy does an excellent job as a color annalyst to John Ahlers play by play. They have a real feel for the game, miss very little of what is going on out on the ice. Emerson Etem kicked a puck in for the Ducks and during the review both agreed it should be ruled no goal (if that had been the other way and Mickey Redmond he would still be screaming) and pointed out little nuances in both teams style of play. Overall, a first rate announcing job, the best tandem I have heard this year.

• Like 1

I was disappointed to hear the unfamiliar voices of the Duck announcers at first. Slowly they won me over, it was one of the best announced games of the year.

Yes i watched that one last night too...good game and good announcers...

...the one thing that stuck out to me is that Luca Sbisa has surpassed Braydon Coburn as being a better all around defenseman...

...he did nothing really spectacular yet he played smart with and without the puck using his body to knock people off the puck and did a solid job keeping the puck in the offensive zone, also solid in his own zone...smart plays yet using his body instead of like Braydon always trying to stick check someone.

Even seemed to know who his guy was around the net...and AND DIDN'T TURN AWAY FROM THE PUCK like i see Coburn do all the time...there i feel better now...wow at the time of the trade i never envisioned Sbisa being a better Dman than Coburn but we have arrived at that date...coming back to haunt us like Bobrovsky in net for Columbus...oh well.

Bruce really has the Ducks going...biggest improvemnet from one year till the next they said in NHL history....

• Like 3

I have had NHL center ice for as long as it has been around, I truly cannot remember the last time I missed a Wings game on television, I had quadruple bypass several years ago before a playoff game against the Sharks and was coherent enough to watch a few minutes on television that night even to keep my streak alive.

An advantage of center ice is mostly getting the home announcers, about a quarter of the time I wind up with other teams announcers and it makes it a bit of a chore listening to other teams homers call the game.

With last nights Wings/Ducks game on NHL network, I was disappointed to hear the unfamiliar voices of the Duck announcers at first. Slowly they won me over, it was one of the best announced games of the year.

Brian Hayward who used to be Patrick Roys caddy does an excellent job as a color annalyst to John Ahlers play by play. They have a real feel for the game, miss very little of what is going on out on the ice. Emerson Etem kicked a puck in for the Ducks and during the review both agreed it should be ruled no goal (if that had been the other way and Mickey Redmond he would still be screaming) and pointed out little nuances in both teams style of play. Overall, a first rate announcing job, the best tandem I have heard this year.

I have always liked the Ducks broadcast crew. They do a terrific job. (The Kings have a great TV crew too.)

They tell it like it is too - no blind homerism.