Flyers at Pens - Can we get it to a dirty dozen?

nossagog

Bar the doors and hide the kids, it's another installment of the Pen and the Flyers.

I always look forward to Pens - Flyers games. It's one on those true rivalry games. Doesn't matter if one team is struggling, or one team is on a roll. When they get together, hits will be handed out like free candy on Halloween, and the hate will flow from the opening faceoff. Hockey at its finest.

No word online yet on whether Letang or Malkin wil play tonight, gotta pick up an online sports show to see if there is any inclination that they may play.

Although the Pens have won 11 straight, for the most part, they have not dominated in most of the games, with 7 of the eleven games being one goal games. The GOOD news, although the streak started off high scoring not only by the Pens and their opponents, the last seven games, the Pens are averaging just over one goal/game against. That's a good sign for the coming playoff run.

Will be interesting which Flyers teams shows up tonight, having 5 days off in this shortened is a really strange event, and it could either help or hurt the Flyers.

@B21

A letdown? Against the Flyers? If there's a team in the entire world the Pens should get up for, it's the Flyers.

I agree, I don't think that a letdown is coming, but for some reason, some of the Pens seem to put away their brains when they play the flyers. Both teams have players who play on the edge, and take liberties after the whistle. DON'T RETALIATE!!! If the Pens go into brainless mode, and turn this game into a special teams battle, they are going to lose since they will more than likely play without Letang and possible Malkin on the Power Play.

Oh, and keep Tanner Glass off the ice.

@B21

A letdown? Against the Flyers? If there's a team in the entire world the Pens should get up for, it's the Flyers.

Yup. Letdown. Maybe not right away but if they get taken out of their game and start taking dumb penalties, I can see them not getting back in it.

Yup. Letdown. Maybe not right away but if they get taken out of their game and start taking dumb penalties, I can see them not getting back in it.

By the way, keep up the good work with the reverse karma in these threads, seems to be working.

@B21

It would be just like the Pens, in a year where I actually hope the Flyers lose games, to NOT show up for this one. @#$%ing Pens! :blink:

:lol: Hummm, never thought of it that way, tank the game to screw the Flyers draft positioning. Maybe we should rest the team and put in the WBS Baby Pens to play the game today?

• Like 1

Game Day Skate lines this morning via the Pens online:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis

Bennett-Jeffrey-Neal

Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy

Glass-Vitale-Adams

(Malkin-Smith)

Orpik-Martin

Niskanen-Eaton

Despres-Engelland

Letang-Bortuzzo

Malkin skating with Smith as an extra and Letang skating with Bort makes it look like neither will be in the lineup tonight.

Also looks like my Jedi mind tricks are still not working on Bylsma as I still see Tanner Glass' name on the fourth line.

Edited by nossagog

Game Day Skate lines this morning via the Pens online:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis

Bennett-Jeffrey-Neal

Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy

Glass-Vitale-Adams

(Malkin-Smith)

Orpik-Martin

Niskanen-Eaton

Despres-Engelland

Letang-Bortuzzo

Malkin skating with Smith as an extra and Letang skating with Bort makes it look like neither will be in the lineup tonight.

Also looks like my Jedi mind tricks are still not working on Bylsma as I still see Tanner Glass' name on the fourth line.

Interesting. This would seem to be a game where Bortuzzo would get the nod over Depres based on how they have been using them.

I don't see this as a let down game for either team.

However, I do see a slow start for the Flyers as they haven't played in about a week. If the Penguins are able to capitalize on that early then I see the game going in their favor. However if Malkin and Letang are both out then I think the advantage becomes the Flyers.

To make it even more interesting Briere isn't playing tonight with a UBI suffered yesterday in practice..... ok no real loss. :P

Either way these two teams can't stand each other and as long as the score is close it makes for excellent entertainment.

:lol: Hummm, never thought of it that way, tank the game to screw the Flyers draft positioning. Maybe we should rest the team and put in the WBS Baby Pens to play the game today?

You clearly have never seen how bad Philly plays against backups and players that have no business in the NHL. No, if we wanted a win I'd rather take my chances against your NHL team thanks.

Interesting. This would seem to be a game where Bortuzzo would get the nod over Depres based on how they have been using them.

Yeah, but that's probably why they have paired Engelland with Despres, adding Engelland's phisical nature. Bortozzo does not seem to be getting any traction with Bylsma, who has been known to play favorites alot(otherwise how could anyone EVER justify Tanner Glass in the lineup over Joe Vitale). I could see the Pens trying to shop Bortozzo(11 total games to Despres' 23), but to do that , you need to showcase him.

But I'd use the reverse logic with Despres for tonight, I think if he's going to be the future top sixers, he NEEDS this kind of a game to get him ready for the playoffs. You know that its going to be physical, with hard forechecking, get him the experience of this kind of game.

Edited by nossagog

@hf101

I noticed the Pens fans are starting multiple threads grovelling over their streak and coming up against our fallen heroes.

Can we ban them for that, just until Tuesday?

Ha, ....... I can, but I won't. :D

If we want to mess with the Flyers tanking ;) we can't put the Baby Pens in! They'd win!

Seriously though Depres plays to feed pucks in Letang's absence. Will be a fun game with anybody's guess.

Bench Glass!

Im at the game again if anybody else is. Go Pens!

Go roux must be frustrated. I've never seen him complain as much as tonight. It's almost every time he's on the ice.

I don't know if I'd call it complaining, he's the captain, he's the one that is supposed to nag the officials. That's how Crosby got the reputation for complaining, but that's what he's supposed to do.

Great game so far, both teams playing a great hockey game. Hope the Pens can start to hit the net more, Kennedy, Jeffery and Neal all had glorious chances that they didn't even get the shots on goal.

They must not be showing it on TV. In fact some of its been during TV timeouts. Just looks very... Frustrated.

Well I'm sure he is in general, they have quite the climb ahead of them if they are going to make it to the playoffs.