Elbow on fedetenko?

Guest pensuck

@B21

I said this somewhere else, I don't think B Morrow is the answer to your team's "deficiencies". In quotes because I'm not sure i see any, if anything you guys need one more middle/top tier defenseman in case Letang comes back less than Letangy. Someone like Rob Scuderi or Fracois Beauchamin, I'm not sure about Orpik's fuel tank and what is left there, but I'd ride it out with him he's a gamer. Niskanen is nice and could be top pair with the right partner. But one more solid blue liner would be the the move, but the price for those guys is high, maybe too high if teams ask about Bennett or Pouloit.

The deficiencies that are there are more on the defensive side. As you could see last night, our defense is a little prone to errors on the hard forecheck. Everyone wants to skate the puck out. Eaton and Despres made quite a few bad decisions. That's what worries most Pens fans. The second glaring problem is the bottom six, the Morrow thing helps, as this will push someone down to help out. I think this moves either Cooke or Kennedy down to the fourth line and solidifies the third(at least that's what I'm hoping)

The deficiencies that are there are more on the defensive side. As you could see last night, our defense is a little prone to errors on the hard forecheck. Everyone wants to skate the puck out. Eaton and Despres made quite a few bad decisions. That's what worries most Pens fans. The second glaring problem is the bottom six, the Morrow thing helps, as this will push someone down to help out. I think this moves either Cooke or Kennedy down to the fourth line and solidifies the third(at least that's what I'm hoping)

Depres made two bonehead plays on the same shift (one in the neutral zone and another trying to clear the puck). That said...man is calm in his own end. He's not afraid to try to leave the zone with control of the puck instead of a 50/50 clear or head man pass. Just needs to make sure he doesn't carry it too much. I like the potential. And he's huge.

I think Morrow sends Beau to the AHL with the 3rd and 4th lines remaining in tact for now. Hopefull, Shero has one more move left...for a 4th liner.

Worst part....Glass is here next year for $1.1 million.

Depres made two bonehead plays on the same shift (one in the neutral zone and another trying to clear the puck). That said...man is calm in his own end. He's not afraid to try to leave the zone with control of the puck instead of a 50/50 clear or head man pass. Just needs to make sure he doesn't carry it too much. I like the potential. And he's huge.

I think Morrow sends Beau to the AHL with the 3rd and 4th lines remaining in tact for now. Hopefull, Shero has one more move left...for a 4th liner.

Worst part....Glass is here next year for $1.1 million.

I really hope not. Beau has shown great skills and vision on the ice. I don't think that the AHL can benefit him at this point. His place is to learn in the NHL.

I really hope not. Beau has shown great skills and vision on the ice. I don't think that the AHL can benefit him at this point. His place is to learn in the NHL.

I agree. Going by waht Rossi said (he's pretty good), Morrow is ticketed for the 2nd line w/ Malkin and Neal. I don't want to see Beau on a 3rd/4th line. So....

Here's the problem the Pens have now, too many players on the roster. With the aquisition of Morrow and Murry, something has to give when Malkin and Letang come off of IR. It could be that Beau and Despres go back the WBS until the expanded playoff rosters are in place.

Hey, double win here, keep Beau and Simon here, waive Tanner Glass and hope someone picks him up!!! What's Ray's number, I got to get in touch with him on that.

Edited by nossagog

Here's the problem the Pens have now, too many players on the roster. With the aquisition of Morrow and Murry, something has to give when Malkin and Letang come off of IR. It could be that Beau and Despres go back the WBS until the expanded playoff rosters are in place.

Hey, double win here, keep Beau and Simon here, waive Tanner Glass and hope someone picks him up!!! What's Ray's number, I got to get in touch with him on that.

Does Bortuzzo have to clear waivers? If not, he's the logical choice. Once everyone is healthy....

Dupuis / Crosby / Kunitz

Morrow / Malkin / Neal

Cooke / Sutter / Kennedy

Adams / Vitale / Glass

(Jeffrey)

Martin / Orpik

Letang / Niskanen

Depres / Murray

(Eaton / Engelland)

Dupuis / Crosby / Kunitz

Morrow / Malkin / Neal

Cooke / Sutter / Kennedy

Adams / Vitale / Glass

(Jeffrey)

Martin / Orpik

Letang / Niskanen

Depres / Murray

(Eaton / Engelland)

I don't mind this too much except for the fact that you left Bennet out of the picture. I don't thing the AHL does him ANY good at this point. Leave him on the 2nd or 3rd line, and push either Cooke or Kennedy down to the 4th. One of our complaints has been our scoring depth, and yes ManBearPig scored a big one last night, but other than Sutter on the third, our lower level is not having a great year. I'd even say I'm okay with Kennedy-Sutter-Bennet, given Bennet's skill and vision, he could emmencely upgrade the 3rd line. Having Cooke move down with Vitale and Adams would not be a bad thing.

That being said, Coach Dan seems to love Jeffery, no clue what he's going to do there.

Edited by nossagog

I don't mind this too much except for the fact that you left Bennet out of the picture. I don't thing the AHL does him ANY good at this point. Leave him on the 2nd or 3rd line, and push either Cooke or Kennedy down to the 4th. One of our complaints has been our scoring depth, and yes ManBearPig scored a big one last night, but other than Sutter on the third, our lower level is not having a great year. I'd even say I'm okay with Kennedy-Sutter-Bennet, given Bennet's skill and vision, he could emmencely upgrade the 3rd line. Having Cooke move down with Vitale and Adams would not be a bad thing.

That being said, Coach Dan seems to love Jeffery, no clue what he's going to do there.

It's what I think they would do. I can see some mixing and matching but all indications are he starts with Malkin and Neal. I'll disagree on Bennett on the 3rd line. I hate when a teams takes a guy who projects as a 1/2 line guy and plays him on the 3/4 lines "just because". I think that hinders more than helps. Square peg in a round hole.

If Morrow went to the 3rd line w/ Sutter and Kennedy, I'd have no issue putting Cooke on the 4th with Glass the scratch. Just don't think that is how this plays out.

Bortuzzo can't go down. He'd never clear waivers. I say waive Glass AND Jeffrey... Morrow with Malkin/Neal... Bennett with Sutter and Kennedy, as our third line really is expected to generate as much as shut down... And I think Bennett would benefit more from third line time at NHL speeds than first line at AHL. PlUs he gets PP time. Cooke to fourth line.

I think we'll see Murray second pairing with Niskanen till Letang comes back. Then either he or Orpik with Letang, the other with Martin.

Bortuzzo can't go down. He'd never clear waivers. I say waive Glass AND Jeffrey... Morrow with Malkin/Neal... Bennett with Sutter and Kennedy, as our third line really is expected to generate as much as shut down... And I think Bennett would benefit more from third line time at NHL speeds than first line at AHL. PlUs he gets PP time. Cooke to fourth line.

I think we'll see Murray second pairing with Niskanen till Letang comes back. Then either he or Orpik with Letang, the other with Martin.

I read somewhere yesterday that the roster increase for the playoffs can happen on April 3rd. If that's the case, they may either leave Letang and Malkin rest for a week, or send Benet and Despres down for a week and then bring them back up.

I read somewhere yesterday that the roster increase for the playoffs can happen on April 3rd. If that's the case, they may either leave Letang and Malkin rest for a week, or send Benet and Despres down for a week and then bring them back up.

That's accurate... April 3rd.