Murray traded to Penguins

hf101

While I am not a fan of Morrow, as a second or third liner with the Pens he will be an improvement. Douglas Murray is a brilliant pickup, he is solid as a stay at home blueliner with an attitude, allowing Letang or Martin to roam a bit more freely. Fleury has to be elated that a stay at home responsible in front of him man has been added. He was the guy I was hoping the Wings would add to take the pressure off of Howard.

The Pens have to be the unquestioned bar none favorite in the East. Anything less than a trip to the finals has to be considered a failure.

Okay, a couple of draft picks, but I like this one. Solid defensemen that can move people from in front of Fleury. Eaton moves to the "depth" spot, Depres or Bortozzo must go back down. Not sure what Bort's status is on waivers, it may mean that Despres goes down until the expanded playoff roster. Don't want to lose Bort to waivers.

@nossagog Really, really smart of the Pens, to get in on these trades before the prices go all whacky closer to the trade deadline. Me no likey....lol.

Good point.

If Murray is worth two 2nd round picks, a top defenceman is worth....

If Morrow is with a top defenceman prospect, Iginla is worth...

Plus, the Pens only have 10 games after the deadline. If you know what you want, why wait?

Edited by B21

@nossagog Really, really smart of the Pens, to get in on these trades before the prices go all whacky closer to the trade deadline. Me no likey....lol.

Yeah, this could set the price, and sent some of the other teams scrambling. If Boston and Chicago are still in the hunt for Iginla, this could push up the price. That whole keeping up with the Jonses thing.

On the other hand when Holmgren went out and made the early trades it often seemed as if he over paid compared to the trades that go down at the deadline.

On the other hand when Holmgren went out and made the early trades it often seemed as if he over paid compared to the trades that go down at the deadline.

That's cause every trade Homer agrees on he throws a 2nd in after the fact.

@Polaris922 Man, that guy is gonna hurt some Flyers next year.....wtf...not good.

Unless something drastic happens, I think he's just a rental. The Pens are stocked on Defense with youth, this seems to be a move for the cup this year, then a nice pat on the back and a thank you for your time.

Unless something drastic happens, I think he's just a rental. The Pens are stocked on Defense with youth, this seems to be a move for the cup this year, then a nice pat on the back and a thank you for your time.

I think that depends on his willingness to revisit his contract. And seeing what happens with current players' contracts getting worked out. The Pens always want one big guy back there it seems.

• Like 1

I think that depends on his willingness to revisit his contract. And seeing what happens with current players' contracts getting worked out. The Pens always want one big guy back there it seems.

^^Agreed. And I really like this move. Things are definitely gonna get more real in front of Flower when Murray's on the ice!

And yes, I'm back, finally! Contract job, family stuff, long story. Looking forward to getting back into the mix on these boards. Hope all's been well with all of you (Flyers friends included).

^^Agreed. And I really like this move. Things are definitely gonna get more real in front of Flower when Murray's on the ice!

And yes, I'm back, finally! Contract job, family stuff, long story. Looking forward to getting back into the mix on these boards. Hope all's been well with all of you (Flyers friends included).

They like us now. It's almost surreal.

Welcome back my friend.

So what, I'm out for awhile and now you guys are sitting Indian-style and singing Koombaya together? Sheesh! :P

Amazing, isn't it? They even want to help out our 4th line and trade Talbot back to us. I smell a mole on that one.