Just read that Tyler Myers is available

RonJeremy

If this is true and they're really shopping him I'd be on the phone right now discussing what it would take. I think he's worth trading one of our young forwards for, whether it's Schenn or Read or Couturier doesn't make much difference. But I would stop there, I wouldn't start throwing in picks and prospects for Myers. Look he's promising, he's big and he's got some snarl. But he's still a "prospect" too. Buffalo better not be expecting seasoned roster players for him. No way I'd trade Simmonds for him for instance.

Lets face it, Homer has put the team in a real bind. Other teams know we are desperate for defense, and we are gonna end up taking it in the can and pay a real premium. On top of that, alot of teams are looking for defense so there is going to be some serious bidding

Hate to burst your bubble, but where you saw this is full of poop. Myers is actually one of the few Sabres players that are still untouchable at this point. Outside of a crazy can't refuse offer he isn't going anywhere. He has been back to his old form the last few weeks, which explains a little why the Sabres are now winning games.

• Like 1

I would love to see him in a Flyers uniform. How about Couts, Mez and a 2nd, would that be enough? I would buy ouy Briere at the end of seaon and look to see if we can do any better for a goalie if not give Bryz another season. If he doesn't improve then buy him out and find another goalie.

Edited by Vincent05

Hate to burst your bubble, but where you saw this is full of poop. Myers is actually one of the few Sabres players that are still untouchable at this point. Outside of a crazy can't refuse offer he isn't going anywhere. He has been back to his old form the last few weeks, which explains a little why the Sabres are now winning games.

Speculation from Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal siting hearsay from an anonymous coach....I am sure he has the "inside" scoop on a player signed long term to a reasonable contract.....Anybody else think Lindy=Anonymous and just might be stirring the pot? that makes a heap more sense than Buffalo moving Myers......

I've seen several stories that the Sabres are entertaining all offers. That ANYONE is available for the right price. I'm pretty certain one of the stories saying as much was on NHL Tonight.

I could see Couturier or somebody like that...but not Laughton. I don't think Laughton has any value to anybody but the Flyers yet. Maybe in a prospects for prospects deal.. or as a lesser included, but certainly not as a primary in a trade like this.

• Like 1

<br />Lets face it, Homer has put the team in a real bind. Other teams know we are desperate for defense, and we are gonna end up taking it in the can and pay a real premium.<br />

I've never bought that concept, that teams will demand more because they know you are in a bind. at least, when they are actively looking to move their guy. I mean, they have X number of interested teams, they have the price they want to sell for...they don't look at one team and say, "but for you, you need to sweeten the pot." I have to think the approximate value they are looking for in return for their player is basically the same no matter who they are trading with.

different story if it is Holmgren who approaches someone. then, I agree, they say, "so, you *really* need this, huh? well, it's gonna cost you." for players on the block, though, don't think it happens.