The Rich Get Richer

trevluk

Pens pick up Morrow and Murray in 2 days and position themselves as potentially the team to beat this year. How do they fit both of them under the cap when really ony giving up inexpensive players and draft picks? I love the young core that we have and if we can add a few missing pieces and keep most of the crew together we could be right back in the hunt with the Pens in a year or two.

Pens pick up Morrow and Murray in 2 days and position themselves as potentially the team to beat this year. How do they fit both of them under the cap when really ony giving up inexpensive players and draft picks? I love the young core that we have and if we can add a few missing pieces and keep most of the crew together we could be right back in the hunt with the Pens in a year or two.

Shero kept some cap space this season. Next year will require some moves so we'll see how he does when the numbers are crunching.

well.. Brenden Morrow i only half his $4.2m or somethings like that for the rest of the season and then he's UFA. not too hard there.

And judging by the reports and that he got to choose where he was going between here and Boston... I'm sure there was discussion with Shero about what the future would bring to some level. He'll be half that salary next season if he stays here. If not, it's a nice rental but a much higher price felt that way.

And judging by the reports and that he got to choose where he was going between here and Boston... I'm sure there was discussion with Shero about what the future would bring to some level. He'll be half that salary next season if he stays here. If not, it's a nice rental but a much higher price felt that way.

gotta say.. i think these are great moves by Shero. your team was already good and he just added a few key components to a good cup drive. shored up your D a little and i think Morrow will drink from the fountain of youth during the playoffs.... you could have a deep run. as painful as that will be for us here to watch.

• Like 1

On Hockey Central yesterday they said Pittsburgh was the only team that asked if he'd waive his NTC.

On Hockey Central yesterday they said Pittsburgh was the only team that asked if he'd waive his NTC.

There are multiple reports to the contrary. Many of which say it came down to Morrow's preference. Media being media... But the Pens just beat the Boo'ins twice last week as well, so that may have factored in. And Morrow played with Sid and Fleury for Canada, and knows Neal & Niskanen from Dallas.

@Polaris922

I'll take the guys from Hockey Centrals word over other radio guys who's friends brothers dentists golf partner heard the Bruins may have wanted him. Those guys are pretty well connected. I doubt the Pens were the only team interested in Morrow. I just believe they were the only team that made it serious.

@Polaris922

I'll take the guys from Hockey Centrals word over other radio guys who's friends brothers dentists golf partner heard the Bruins may have wanted him. Those guys are pretty well connected. I doubt the Pens were the only team interested in Morrow. I just believe they were the only team that made it serious.

You better find a new news source then... The stories I'm referring to are CBS news, both in Dallas and Boston, the Boston Herald, Dallas Morning News... The Sporting News...

Now I'd agree with you if it weren't so many places, including details of Boston's offer for him reportedly confirmed. I wouldn't even say it if it weren't from a couple places.

@Polaris922

Hey I'm just relaying what Doug Armstrong a former gm who's friends with other gms said yesterday. He said Pittsburgh was the only team to ask if Morrow would waive his NTC. I trust the guys word on hockey, especially over a Dallas newspaper or the Sporting news. If it was a baseball or football topic it'd be a different story.

@flyercanuck

And they could both be right. Perhaps both clubs talked to Dallas... Dallas talked to Morrow... Morrow said he'd like to talk to Shero... Shero talked and asked him to waive it. He chose where he'd want to go, and then heard the offer.

Honestly I can't believe you're even debating this. LOL. It's in print everywhere and a minor detail.

Shero kept some cap space this season. Next year will require some moves so we'll see how he does when the numbers are crunching.

Let's face it, Shero shored up his forwards and defense which were good moves but the question remains, which Fleury are they going to get in the playoffs, the one that played against the Flyers last year or the one who backstopped them to a cup in '09. The good thing for the Pens is they won't have to worry about playing the Flyers in the first round this year. :)

Let's face it, Shero shored up his forwards and defense which were good moves but the question remains, which Fleury are they going to get in the playoffs, the one that played against the Flyers last year or the one who backstopped them to a cup in '09. The good thing for the Pens is they won't have to worry about playing the Flyers in the first round this year. :)

That's horrible news! I want revenge! Lol

You know what's interesting? In other years, I've seen this exact same thread title on Pens boards (HFBoards) regarding the Flyers and asking very similar questions.

By the way, what's this "kept some cap space" you're talking about? You mean it's not always wise to be only $1.50 below the cap entering the season?

You mean it's not always wise to be only $1.50 below the cap entering the season?

usually no, it's not wise. But Paul Holmgren and Ed Snider have paid out the big bucks every summer to guys who are guaranteed to deliver...which is obviously why we've won the Stanley Cup so many times. :unsure:

• Like 1

That's horrible news! I want revenge! Lol

Drinking from the Cup, which your team has an excellent chance of doing this year, will make you forget all about last year. (even though I think handing out Lord Stanley in this joke of a season is an insult to greatest trophy in all of sports, but that's another topic!)