Couturier for B. Ryan?

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Couturier for B. Ryan?

• Yes
    • No

My guess is we'd have to add. There's also cap issues. Dreger is fairly reliable, but it's just a rumor.

As why it is posted in this forum. ;)

I think it has merit though, the Ducks probably want to shed some cap space as well. The Flyers would have to buy out Briere for cap space and assume Laughton would replace Couturier at center. I'm on the fence in deciding if I like it or not. we would have Ryan for two years at 5.1M and then he probably would get more.

• Like 1

@hf101

It would all depend on what we'd have to add. Our 1st? Forget it. We definately could use a scoring, make that young scoring winger more than a center. But I'd much rather trade Couturier as part of a deal for a Dman. IF we're trading him.

• Like 3

I agree with FC. Though I like the idea of Bobby Ryan, I just do not see how Couturier will get the job done. Though I do like the thought of Giroux centering Ryan and Voracek. I just wouldn't waste any of our picks on him.

Would love to see the D re-shaped if he were traded, but that may be a tough find at this point.

I would like to see:

Ryan-Giroux-Voracek

Simmonds-Schenn-Read

McGinn-Laughton-Rinaldo

Zolnierczyk-Talbot-Phantom Call-Up

Move: Hartnell, Couturier (assumed part of trade) to ANA

Buy-out: Briere

2013 1st Round: Seth Jones (wishful thinking)

Target Emery to back Bryzgalov and a puck moving D-man (not sure who UFA market weak).

Edited by Bertmega

As much as I like Bobby Ryan, any trade that the Flyers make needs to have a top 4 D-man in the return. Until the Flyers address the glaring short comings of the current defense, they are going nowhere....

As much as I like Bobby Ryan, any trade that the Flyers make needs to have a top 4 D-man in the return. Until the Flyers address the glaring short comings of the current defense, they are going nowhere....

Giroux does need a winger that can create unlike Hartnell who really only benefits from Giroux/Jake.

• Like 1

@flyercanuck

I agree 100%, but I see the defense (defence) getting better over time. I would hate to see another Pronger type move that hurts the team over the long run.

If ANA agreed to it, perhaps this could be a blockbuster situation:

To ANA: Hartnell, Couturier, B. Manning

To PHL: Ryan, Sbisa, 2013 2nd

It is pretty balanced from a $$ standpoint.

• Like 1

How about we trade Couts for Ryan if Anaheim needs cap space, Ryan holds more value then Couts now. Maybe deal Ryan or another winger(Hartnell?) for the dman we need. We wouldn't have to give up a lot more with Ryan in a deal then with Couts. Briere would still be bought out for Cap space.

D.Dreger on TSN690 says there has been talk of Couturier for B.Ryan between teams but it may not happen at the trade deadline.

I'd rather include him a trade for Fowler...Flyers need blueline help especially with next season being Kimmo's last year and NOONE on the farm even there much less even ready to take his place!

we would have Ryan for two years at 5.1M

He is just the scoring RWer Clod needs....

Edit: Clod is a setup guy and Jake is setup guy...they need SOMEONE WHO WILL SHOOT THE GODDAMN PUCK!!!!! Also hit the net!

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor

Jake may have been a setup guy, but he's turned shooter this year in case you didn't notice. (what with all the carnage going on)

Yes he has found the net more this season yet he is what he is...he even said it...he prefers to set people up...so sniper on the 1st line wouldn't hurt.

@OccamsRazor

Sure. But with a shooting % better than names like Crosby, Ovechkin, Staal, parise etc etc, the guy can clearly shoot.

Honestly i'm ok with riding the season out and preparing for next year.

With that said let's move everyone we know won't be here next year now...i don't care if it's for no more than a 7th round pick(good scouting may can find a diamond on the rough).

Feds, Knuble, Foster and Gervais are all on the block and while we're at it go ahead and move Mezz if you can but with him it might have to wait till before the draft or offseason.

I'd hold onto everyone including Coots, Schenn and Read. Unless, i repeat unless they are parts in the blueliner they covet.

Also would it be realistic to imagine Laughton and Cousins on the BIG squad(take the place of Feds...Laughton Cousins...Knuble)....or will they start on the Phantoms more likely?

Would love for Homer to bring Emery back for a chance to compete for the starters job...then buy out Bryz after next season if they don't this offseason.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I'd keep Couturier unless they can package to acquire a top D/G under 30 and under contract. He might be struggling, or in a standard sophomore slump, but he's still a very very good prospect. He has time to improve, and actually physically grow still.

• Like 1

@doom88 I agree, if they do deal Coots, it's gotta make sense for the future....it's gotta be a carefully thought out move that helps a glaring need. Like you said, he is still an important piece. I'd prefer it to be a roster player also, cause we at least know that Coots can play in some capacity in this league, a prospect and you are entering cloudy waters.