Why the Flyers aren't living up to expectations

pilldoc

The reason the Flyers are not living up to expecataions is simple, the expectations were too high

I admit I totally fell into that trap after last season. I thought our scoring would pick up where it left off, knowing we were still weak on defense, thought with a season in Philly under his belt we'd see inspired play from Bryz. Just didn't pan out that way.

Probably yes. But why should this matter? Aside from a stupid Philadlephia pride, what possible good can come from this team making the playoffs this year?

I am a fan, and like to see my favorite team do well. Why would you ever quit before it is over?

Would draft picks be better than existing young guys gaining playoff experience? Who knows. And, once in the playoffs, anything can happen. Just ask Boston.

It feels wrong to hope the team does poorly.

Again, that's as a fan and not as a GM / business.

@doom88 "Would draft picks be better than existing young guys gaining playoff experience? Who knows. And, once in the playoffs, anything can happen. Just ask Boston."

That's an excellent question. I usually fall on the playoff experience side....I fell it's super important for the kids to get their feet wet. The sooner you can get a playoff series in the better. There is no replacement for actual playoff participation. Having said all that, the top end talent in the draft is outrageous, to sweet to turn down. The future of the fransice is at risk. The one good part is the defense is in shambles, and now with Mez down for the count...that puts a not ready AHLer in the starting line-up, so with that little addition, we don't have to tank anything, we will be the worst team in hockey all on our own.